Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 prospects
(09-21-2023, 12:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As it sits right now, I am leaning toward OT, TE, and IDL in first 3 rounds.
Other than Bowers, I dunno if there's a TE in Rd 1 that I would take. Maybe Ja'Tavion Sanders though late Rd 1.
If Bengals did happen to pick early, I want either Bowers or JC Latham.

Of course I am hoping for Bowers if we keep playing poorly enough to have an early pick, but I also like Ja'Tavion Sanders.

We also might need an OG if Volson continues to struggle. But like you said in a later post, would probably be a better move for us 
to add a Guard like Dalton Risner in FA instead since we actually might get a decent OL there. I don't trust Pollack to coach up young
OL after the first quarter of this season and how both Volson has faired as a starter and how Carman sucked in the preseason in pass
protection.
Reply/Quote
The ND LT lost some money tonight
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course I am hoping for Bowers if we keep playing poorly enough to have an early pick, but I also like Ja'Tavion Sanders.

We also might need an OG if Volson continues to struggle. But like you said in a later post, would probably be a better move for us 
to add a Guard like Dalton Risner in FA instead since we actually might get a decent OL there. I don't trust Pollack to coach up young
OL after the first quarter of this season and how both Volson has faired as a starter and how Carman sucked in the preseason in pass
protection.

It's no secret I've been one of the Volson haters.
I'm not completely against him as a player, but I never thought he was going to be good enough to be a solid-or-better starter as a rookie.
He's clearly not developed/good enough through 24 career games, and I dunno how much of a leash I wanna give him to "get there" when the Bengals are legit contenders for a Super Bowl right now.

If Bengals can get someone in the draft who can step in and upgrade immediately, I'm in favor of it. But I don't wanna get another dude who would just come in and underperform and need year(s) to come along. Bengals may as well just stick with Volson in that case.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's no secret I've been one of the Volson haters.
I'm not completely against him as a player, but I never thought he was going to be good enough to be a solid-or-better starter as a rookie.
He's clearly not developed/good enough through 24 career games, and I dunno how much of a leash I wanna give him to "get there" when the Bengals are legit contenders for a Super Bowl right now.

If Bengals can get someone in the draft who can step in and upgrade immediately, I'm in favor of it. But I don't wanna get another dude who would just come in and underperform and need year(s) to come along. Bengals may as well just stick with Volson in that case.

Yeah, I am eating bad crow with Volson now as I thought Pollack, OBJ next to him and his sophomore year would help him grow into a 
good player but it is not looking that way right now. I want a FA to complete the OL and to Tag Jonah now who has been playing good at
RT this season so far.
Reply/Quote
A few guys who have caught my eye at this point.

Taliese Fuaga 6'6 326 Oregon State RT...ranked 4th best tackle overall..he's a first round target

Trey Fautanu 6'4 317 Washington G/T...ranked 3rd best G...he's a second round target

Carson Steele 6'1 225 UCLA RB...benches over 400, squats over 600...10th ranked RB...he's a later pick
Reply/Quote
USC WR Brenden Rice 6024 210ish lbs . He was on Bruce Feldmans freak list with a 1.43 10 yard split (for comparison DJ Turner ran a 1.47 10 yard split). Big long good short area quickness which is surprising for a guy his size and long speed. Has great hands but needs to play through contact better.... Jerry Rice's son.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Ivy League tackle was hurt this week. Yale OT Kiran Amegadjie did the two month Willie Anderson camp over the summer and jumped on the radar. It's a big Senior Bowl prospect watch event so they got measurements 6'5 1/8 321 36 3/4 inch arms. He had a chance to go day 2 at OT now? A good late prospect for the Bengals to watch their entire OL room is on the verge of a rebuild.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:04 AM)Goalpost Wrote: A few guys who have caught my eye at this point.

Taliese Fuaga 6'6 326 Oregon State RT...ranked 4th best tackle overall..he's a first round target

Trey Fautanu 6'4 317 Washington G/T...ranked 3rd best G...he's a second round target

Carson Steele 6'1 225 UCLA RB...benches over 400, squats over 600...10th ranked RB...he's a later pick

Good ones. I have seen Fuaga and Fautanu play, they are good. Would love to add either one. If we let Tee go I also wouldn't be 
against that WR on Washington Rome Odigizua or something like that. This guy looks like a natural at running routes with great 
speed and hands. Hadn't watched Washington play until last week, they have 2 great looking WR's a lot like OSU.
Reply/Quote