Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21 Bengals like stock market
I complain a lot about how inconsistent this team has been. They were up and down like crazy from week to week.

But when people complain about how unstable the stock market is I always point out that over time it gets better. The "highs" keep getting higher and higher.

And that is what it seems like with the Bengals right now. As much as we loved the big wins over the Steelers and Ravens they really were not very good teams this year. But the Chiefs are considered one of the top teams in the conference. This big come-from-behind win really gave us a lot of momentum going into the playoffs. It is great to have your biggest win of the season come in the last meaningful game you played.

We just need to avoid those "dips" that we saw earlier in the year. Because unlike the stock market in playoff football you don't have a chance to win back your loses.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking you were going to list 21 bengals players that like to play the stock market. Lol
As someone that invests my money I was interested in hearing about where the team was investing. I see that Burrow follows Elon Musk on twitter so I would assume he has money in Tesla as I do.

I think it’s an accurate analogy at this point in time. The team’s long term trend is in the positive direction for several years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:27 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was thinking you were going to list 21 bengals players that like to play the stock market. Lol
As someone that invests my money I was interested in hearing about where the team was investing. I see that Burrow follows Elon Musk on twitter so I would assume he has money in Tesla as I do.

Don't worry too much about picking and choosing.  As long as so many people keep pumping more and more into their 401Ks and other retirement funds the market will constantly go up.  Investors keep feeding it so it will keep growing.
Reply/Quote
Overall the Bengals were 4-2 vs Playoff teams with wins vs the Steelers (2), Raiders, Chiefs and losses to the Packers and 49ers both in overtime.

That's stock I would buy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I complain a lot about how inconsistent this team has been. They were up and down like crazy from week to week.

But when people complain about how unstable the stock market is I always point out that over time it gets better. The "highs" keep getting higher and higher.

And that is what it seems like with the Bengals right now. As much as we loved the big wins over the Steelers and Ravens they really were not very good teams this year. But the Chiefs are considered one of the top teams in the conference. This big come-from-behind win really gave us a lot of momentum going into the playoffs. It is great to have your biggest win of the season come in the last meaningful game you played.

We just need to avoid those "dips" that we saw earlier in the year. Because unlike the stock market in playoff football you don't have a chance to win back your loses.

The NFL is like this as well as a team that’s still learning to win. Nothing to see here. Next year if they are inconsistent then let’s talk
Reply/Quote
Might just be one of the characteristics of growing pains from a young team that’s gaining experience and confidence as they go.

I agree the win over the Chiefs was,or should be a big boost to this team heading into the playoffs.

They’ve learned to dig in,fight hard,and come from behind and win in big games.Although they also fell short a few times against very good teams,for instance,Packers,Forty Niners,they’re getting better at closing out games,as was showcased in the game against the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Some volatility but steadily in an uptrend. Let’s hope we deliver on earnings this weekend, and w excellent guidance.
Reply/Quote