Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#21 is clear.
When the draft got close last year the buzz started to circle around ross here....and we took Ross @ 9(ouch). Well its starting to do the same with MCglinchey...It makes too much sense at this point and im almost willing to bet Lap will come out and say the same thing here in the next week. I take laps word as gospel. As much as i want Hernandez or Evans here MCglinchey is prob my 3rd fav pick. Builds a solid stout career at right tackle possibly moves to LT like Whitt for the rest of his career. Plus insurance for glenn and his foot. Also i think we like Redmond and Westerman and want a camp battle between the two for the spot. Personally i like Redmond. Hes a road grader and that's all i need and want at RG. So imo we are on the clock at this point in the second round. I def see MCglinchey falling to us at 21 and its my belief that we run up there for the pick.

1. Mike Mcglinchey OT Notre Dame
2. Frank Ragnow OC Arkansas
3. Rasheem Greeene DE USC
3. Darius Leonard LB S.C State
4. Deshon Elliott FS Texas
5. BJ.Hill DT N.C State
5. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St.
5. Josh Adams RB Notre Dame
7. Kyle Allen QB Houston
7. Korey Robertson WR Southern Miss
7. Eddie Pinero K florida.

Your Blue print Mike Brown.
youre welcome.
Reply/Quote
I'm down with the first 2 picks for sure.
Reply/Quote
This assumes that McGlinchey is there at 21. I'd love for that scenario to play out, but I don't necessarily feel that it's likely. Somebody will be more than willing to reach or trade up for a day 1 starting NFL OT before we pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 05:24 PM)samhain Wrote: This assumes that McGlinchey is there at 21.  I'd love for that scenario to play out, but I don't necessarily feel that it's likely.  Somebody will be more than willing to reach or trade up for a day 1 starting NFL OT before we pick.

Agreed, IF McGlinchey is there, we take him, but that's a big IF. We're a starting RT and OC from having a solid OLine. I'd take 2 OTs in this draft. Even if we get McG, I'd take Orlando Brown in the 3rd if he's there. I don't trust Glenn to stay healthy. We're not as bad as the Browns with having ""Sh*t for luck," but we're not far off. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:42 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: When the draft got close last year the buzz started to circle around ross here....and we took Ross @ 9(ouch).  Well its starting to do the same with MCglinchey...It makes too much sense at this point and im almost willing to bet Lap will come out and say the same thing here in the next week.  I take laps word as gospel.  As much as i want Hernandez or Evans here MCglinchey is prob my 3rd fav pick.  Builds a solid stout career at right tackle possibly moves to LT like Whitt for the rest of his career.  Plus insurance for glenn and his foot.  Also i think we like Redmond and Westerman and want a camp battle between the two for the spot. Personally i like Redmond.  Hes a road grader and that's all i need and want at RG.  So imo we are on the clock at this point in the second round.  I def see MCglinchey falling to us at 21 and its my belief that we run up there for the pick.

1. Mike Mcglinchey OT Notre Dame
2. Frank Ragnow OC Arkansas
3. Rasheem Greeene DE USC
3. Darius Leonard LB S.C State
4. Deshon Elliott FS Texas
5. BJ.Hill DT N.C State
5. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St.
5. Josh Adams RB Notre Dame
7. Korey Robertson WR Southern Miss
7. Eddie Pinero K florida.

Your Blue print Mike Brown.
youre welcome.
McG will not make it to 21....no way...
we'll pick Will Hernandez at 21.....
rd #2 Ragnow

lock them in...
Reply/Quote
James Daniels will be the pick at 21
Reply/Quote
My first mock is the exact same but will Hernandez. I for some reason am certain McGlinchey will be there at 21. I’d prefer will Hernandez first Rashaan Evans second and maybe McGlinchey third. But I just see us grabbing McGlinchey when I really want Hernandez. Mixon runs for 1200 with the Hernandez pick
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 09:01 PM)Steve Wrote: McG will not make it to 21....no way...
we'll pick Will Hernandez at 21.....
rd #2 Ragnow

lock them in...

Really really hope so
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 09:10 PM)MentalRage Wrote: James Daniels will be the pick at 21

Good good I hope not. Don't want a slightly better bodine 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 01:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Good good I hope not. Don't want a slightly better bodine 

Daniels is most certainly not my first choice at center but alot of scouts are raving about him and whohes coached by and where he plays along with his tape. IIMO daniels at IOWA wasbetter than bodine in cinci.  Slightly better than bodine is quite the knock on daniels whos a projected first round 2nd round starter.  But gie me ragnow please please.
Reply/Quote
If McGlinchey and Hernandez are both there at 21, Bengals will take McGlinchey 99 times out of 100. We just value the OT position much more than OG. Even if they're convinced the OG will be a perennial all pro and the OT will max out as a serviceable starter, I still think they go OT.
Reply/Quote
Jpoore Wrote:Good good I hope not. Don't want a slightly better bodine 

He's not my first choice but that is who I believe they will take. In the past few years the Bengals have drafted a player they met with late in the process. They are meeting with Daniels soon. They did the same thing with Ross and William Jackson. 

Also, Daniels is going to be way better than Bodine. Not even the same type of player.
Reply/Quote
They brought in Rashaan Evans for a visit today, this gets me excited as I think he could be a star in this league. Could also be good insurance for Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: They brought in Rashaan Evans for a visit today, this gets me excited as I think he could be a star in this league. Could also be good insurance for Burfict.

I'm glad to see they are (finally) bringing in some first-round potential LBs. I was really getting the sense that they were going to wait until Day 3 for a LB no matter what. It might be just a "we'll go LB if he's clear-cut BPA only" kinda thing in Rd 1/2, but at least it's some level of hope.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm glad to see they are (finally) bringing in some first-round potential LBs. I was really getting the sense that they were going to wait until Day 3 for a LB no matter what. It might be just a "we'll go LB if he's clear-cut BPA only" kinda thing in Rd 1/2, but at least it's some level of hope.

I wonder if the Burfict thing really did change their view. If they get Evans they could consider trading Burfict as he is probably more valuable now that you can void his guaranteed money. I think a LB is definitely in play at 21.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 11:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if the Burfict thing really did change their view. If they get Evans they could consider trading Burfict as he is probably more valuable now that you can void his guaranteed money. I think a LB is definitely in play at 21.

This is where I go back and forth. There seems to be tiers at LB in this years draft 1). pro bowl potential 2) get you thru til next year 3) Special teams only. Then you look at OT, maybe there is 1 that is way better than the rest and then you have 5-6 OTs that you could put in a bag and pull one out and get the same production from whomever you pulled out. Are you for certain to get a top C in rd2?? That's the big question!
Me, I would take a LBer, if I was pretty damn sure I could get one of the top 3 Centers in RD2. If you look at our LBs now and pretty much what we have trotted out there, forever it seems, it's just meh group.... Time for that to change.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This is where I go back and forth. There seems to be tiers at LB in this years draft 1). pro bowl potential 2) get you thru til next year 3) Special teams only. Then you look at OT, maybe there is 1 that is way better than the rest and then you have 5-6 OTs that you could put in a bag and pull one out and get the same production from whomever you pulled out. Are you for certain to get a top C in rd2?? That's the big question!
Me, I would take a LBer, if I was pretty damn sure I could get one of the top 3 Centers in RD2. If you look at our LBs now and pretty much what we have trotted out there, forever it seems, it's just meh group.... Time for that to change.

I think people are over estimating this run on Centers. I have posted the history before, but it shows the league just doesn't take Centers in the 1st and when they do it is rare. I feel confident we can get one of the 3 in the 2nd and worst case you trade up a couple spots in the 2nd to ensure you do. I think it's more likely all these Tackles fall to late 1st early second and there is a run on tackles that pushes Centers down.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think people are over estimating this run on Centers. I have posted the history before, but it shows the league just doesn't take Centers in the 1st and when they do it is rare. I feel confident we can get one of the 3 in the 2nd and worst case you trade up a couple spots in the 2nd to ensure you do. I think it's more likely all these Tackles fall to late 1st early second and there is a run on tackles that pushes Centers down.

History doesn't really mean a whole lot these days.

When was the last time 3 WRs went before pick 10?

When was the last time we had 3 centers that have been labeled potential first rounders?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: History doesn't really mean a whole lot these days.

When was the last time 3 WRs went before pick 10?

When was the last time we had 3 centers that have been labeled potential first rounders?

That’s one of those things that you could technically say about everything until it’s broke but had you said it the last 10 years it would be true about Centers so it really is all relative I guess. Centers just have that stigma of being able to be gotten later.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:36 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Daniels is most certainly not my first choice at center but alot of scouts are raving about him and whohes coached by and where he plays along with his tape. IIMO daniels at IOWA wasbetter than bodine in cinci.  Slightly better than bodine is quite the knock on daniels whos a projected first round 2nd round starter.  But gie me ragnow please please.

(04-16-2018, 10:03 AM)MentalRage Wrote: He's not my first choice but that is who I believe they will take. In the past few years the Bengals have drafted a player they met with late in the process. They are meeting with Daniels soon. They did the same thing with Ross and William Jackson. 

Also, Daniels is going to be way better than Bodine. Not even the same type of player.

Slightly better in the fact that he's gonna be pushed back every snap bc no core strength u like rangow and price who have core strength for days 
Reply/Quote