Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
22 214 1TD
That is Jamar Chase's stat line since the Steelers game
22 catches 214 yd 1 TD.
He had more yds vs the Ravens in epic breakout game last year. His longest catch all year is 36 yards.and that catch was mostly in the air.
What I find troubling is that 5 games Chase has Been
Unable to simply catch a short throw ,make tacklers miss
And have a race to the end zone.
I noticed he hasn't been asked to catch passes in stride
And get north south.
Is that a reflection of the inability of ZT/BC to scheme
To get Chase open ?
Since that week 1 game. Chase is averaging less than
10 yards per catch ....that's Ron Dugans Craig Yeast Alex Erickson Jeff Query territory.
I hope JB and Chase are working extra hours to figure
This out. Great WRs are expected to beat doubles
From time to time Davonte Adam's has made a living
Out of it
Reply/Quote
Chase has 150 YAC. At a quick glance I believe that is currently good for 7th among all WR’s. Last night was really the only game where it seemed like he was being brought down at first contact.

Not surprising after what he did to Baltimore last year. They were not going to let a repeat of that happen again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I know a lot of WRs seem to have sophomore slumps for some reason (not all). This could be that, or Chase is still young and learning the WR position. Learning to beat double teams may be a different aspect of playing the position he has not had to do before. I am not a coach so IDK for sure, but I am sure this is bothering Chase, and he will work his ass off to be better.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:58 PM)Garrus Wrote: I know a lot of WRs seem to have sophomore slumps for some reason (not all). This could be that, or Chase is still young and learning the WR position. Learning to beat double teams may be a different aspect of playing the position he has not had to do before. I am not a coach so IDK for sure, but I am sure this is bothering Chase, and he will work his ass off to be better.

This is the kind of respect teams are showing him…

[Image: Fd3k0GdUAAAiOFm?format=jpg&name=large]

That’s not double coverage, it’s quadruple coverage. And lo and behold Tee scored a TD on this play.

Reply/Quote
Crossing patterns seem to be where the good guys get a lot of YAC. Not sure if he's running those or not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: That is Jamar Chase's stat line since the Steelers game
22 catches 214 yd 1 TD.
He had more yds vs the Ravens in epic breakout game last year. His longest catch all year is 36 yards.and that catch was mostly in the air.
What I find troubling is that 5 games Chase has Been
Unable to simply catch a short throw ,make tacklers miss
And have a race to the end zone.
I noticed he hasn't been asked to catch passes in stride
And get north south.
Is that a reflection of the inability of ZT/BC to scheme
To get Chase open ?
Since that week 1 game. Chase is averaging less than
10 yards per catch ....that's Ron Dugans Craig Yeast Alex Erickson Jeff Query territory.
I hope JB and Chase are working extra hours to figure
This out. Great WRs are expected to beat doubles
From time to time Davonte Adam's has made a living
Out of it

Chase is 100% being affected by the opposing defense.
Teams know what he can do now, so they are doing the necessary to limit him.

This is where Taylor needs to come up with better plays to get him more productive and/or figure out ways to get the ball to the other receivers so they stop focusing so much on Chase.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase is 100% being affected by the opposing defense.
Teams know what he can do now, so they are doing the necessary to limit him.

This is where Taylor needs to come up with better plays to get him more productive and/or figure out ways to get the ball to the other receivers so they stop focusing so much on Chase.

That’s where Tee being out hurts so much. No one worries about, or game plans around, Tyler Boyd.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s where Tee being out hurts so much. No one worries about, or game plans around, Tyler Boyd.

Of course, teams are going to play to contain Chase so we need to utilize Hurst and Boyd.  I would also like to see some designed screens for Perine & Hurst. That will get teams to take some of the focus off Chase.  In single coverage, Joe was targeting Chase but he was held or Joe overthrew the ball.
Reply/Quote
If other teams are going to make life hard on the Bengals and Chase outside the numbers they need to move him into the slot more. This will create miss matches and make it harder to double him. It would also get Chase more catch and run opportunities.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Last night i thought he ran a bad route on INT.. and actually seemed a bit like Mixon, hesitate , regardless of game playing he does not look like the confident WR last year, im thinking he has not faced this type of attention and will have to figure out how to adjust himself besides Taylor/Burrow
Reply/Quote
Boyd was a raven killer... ever since Zac came to Cinci.. Boyd gets about a 1st down or one 10+ catch and he is never heard much of. I remember Houshmanzadah was targeted often and moved the chains a lot in a game... he was the core of the team. Boyd is like a shadow of his past now. What's going on? I see Chase in the slot more.. why? Boyd is cabable enough to make the big plays..... hmm so many questions.. I really think Zac calling the OC is bad and he needs to stop doing it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Also to the not breaking a big play open, the ravens made sure to securely tackle him. They were making sure he wouldn't repeat last years number on them.
Reply/Quote