Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23,788 000
Monday night drew the biggest audience in ESPN's Monday night history. They would have seen one helluva game

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I also know it set of record for the most combined wins of two teams meeting on Monday night....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: Monday night drew the biggest audience in ESPN's Monday night history. They would have seen one helluva game

Imagine, if they always scheduled two good teams. To be fair they put Denver in a bunch of prime time slots we didn’t know they were going to suck so bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: Monday night drew the biggest audience in ESPN's Monday night history.  They would have seen one helluva game

They saw 9 minutes of Bengals glory though....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I also know it set of record for the most combined wins of two teams meeting on Monday night....

Wrong. Tied.

The Bills and Bengals enter this game with a combined 23 wins, the most between two teams on "Monday Night Football" since the San Francisco 49ers squared off against the Denver Broncos in Week 16 of the 1997 season. The 49ers entered the game at 12-2 and the Broncos at 11-3, with San Francisco winning 34-17.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quote:During game play, ESPN averaged 21.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen ratings. That audience then grew to 23.9 million viewers between 9 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. when ESPN aired news coverage of Hamlin’s collapse.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/04/media/monday-night-football-ratings-espn-damar-hamlin/index.html
This is what I figured.  The ratings started out very strong but grew as social media drew attention to the situation.
Reply/Quote
Now I don’t know how the ratings are done. And I’m sure a lot wanted to see that game. But how many tuned in and watched and waited for news on Damar once it started getting out
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:43 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Now I don’t know how the ratings are done. And I’m sure a lot wanted to see that game. But how many tuned in and watched and waited for news on Damar once it started getting out

Sounds about a little less than 3 million
Reply/Quote
It was a marquee billing

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I mean the Buffalo Bills have been the media's darling all year and May as well be in the Superbowl. The Bengals just happen to get the attention as a bystander. I imagine anyway you look at it now even more so, the Bills will Win the Superbowl. Just like the LA Rams were never going to lose in LA with all the Celebrities around. now look at 'em
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Imagine, if they always scheduled two good teams. To be fair they put Denver in a bunch of prime time slots we didn’t know they were going to suck so bad.

It used to be, I don't know for sure? up until 1990? In order to be eligible for MNF this season. You had to have a winning season the year before. Or at least be .500 I do believe. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It used to be, I don't know for sure? up until 1990? In order to be eligible for MNF this season. You had to have a winning season the year before. Or at least be .500 I do believe. 

It doesn’t help when Denver, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Las Vegas, Arizona, LA Rams, etc have been awful to disappointing when they all looked good coming into the season.
Reply/Quote