Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
24-3 the good guys WIN!
(09-11-2023, 11:11 PM)Vambo Wrote: NFL Power Rankings: Six Worst Criminal Offenders During Bengals' Inglorious Run

Andrew DunnOctober 5, 2011

1. Being a Cincinnati Bengal fan would definitely come with some irritation.  Over the past several years, multiple players in black and orange have been arrested—some were arrested over and over again.It's very sad to see such talented athletes throw away a career like that.  It is also very frustrating, because we all know that they've got everything, so how could they possibly do that to themselves?Unfortunately, these players that can't keep their heads on straight seem to flock to Cincinnati.  These six guys are the most notable ones that everyone can recognize.
Adam Jones

1. Pacman could be one of the biggest wastes of talent the league has ever seen. Coming out of West Virginia, Jones was one of the game's best hyped corners.He proved himself to be an outstanding defender and a great man on special teams.However, he's been arrested numerous times throughout his career, including Feb. 19, 2007, when he caused a bit of controversy at a Las Vegas strip club and threatened the life of a security guard.These actions got him suspended for the entire 2007 season.  In his time off, he went to Total Nonstop Action pro wrestling, where he was only to be involved in a "non-physical" role with the company.After that short stint, Jones continued to have legal problems and was involved in a couple of incidents, though nothing ever came of it.  Jones played for Dallas in 2008, but served a six game suspension in the middle due to more legal complications.The Bengals signed Pacman before the 2010 season started. He had only played in five games before injuring his neck, and he still remains on the PUP list. It appears that Jones is turning his act around, but the fact remains that he may be one of the most troubled athletes to step foot on the field.

Tank Johnson

1. Like Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson had most of his offenses coming before he was in a Bengals' uniform. But, the Bengals still signed him.Tank Johnson was arrested while playing for the Chicago Bears for carrying a concealed weapon in a Chicago nightclub. He was charged with a misdemeanor.While on probation for that incident, he was arrested for aggravated assault and resisting arrest.  To cap it off, a search of his house turned up at least six guns, some of which were loaded.Johnson would later be signed by the Cowboys, but he had to serve an eight game suspension.Since then, Johnson's slate has been mostly clean, though his play in Cincinnati was indicative of a man who missed a lot of time on the field. The time away from the game took its toll on Johnson, and he was really never the same. 

Cedric Benson

1. Cedric Benson is proving himself to be a key component to the Bengals' offense in 2011.  Unfortunately, he's currently battling a suspension ruling handed down by Roger Goodell.Benson's days as a "problem child" dates back to his days as a Chicago Bear. He was arrested for boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest before the 2008 season began, and followed that up by being arrested for driving while intoxicated only a few weeks later. He was detained in 2010 for assault, and arrested earlier this year for similar charges. He served a five-day jail sentence.Benson was one of the top running backs coming out of Texas, but failed to live up to the expectations in Chicago. His issues are still continuing today, but I hope for the Bengals' sake that he can fully get his head on straight soon. Hopefully, the pending suspension will teach him a lesson (though he continues to battle it).
Odell Thurman

1. It's a shame that such a talented linebacker only lasted a single season in the NFL. He was drafted by the Bengals in 2005 out of the University of Georgia, and mad an immediate impact.During the 11-5 campaign, Thurman played in all 16 games, recording 98 tackles, a sack, five interceptions, forced four fumbles and scored a touchdown. That's getting off to a hot start.Unfortunately, that would be the only time on the field Thurman would see. Following the 2005 season, Thurman seemingly tried to get in trouble. He was suspended for the first four games of 2006 for violating the league's substance abuse policy, and the suspension was later extended to the entire season after he immediately followed that with a drunk driving charge. Thurman applied for reinstatement prior to the 2007 season. He was denied after reports surfaced that he was involved in an assault in Georgia. 2008 rolled around, and the same thing happened. Prior to the 2009 season, Thurman was finally reinstated, but was dropped by the Bengals. Most believe this happened because Thurman was not at OTA's, which are not mandatory.  He would eventually fail yet another drug test, and is serving an indefinite suspension from the NFL.He currently plays in the UFL for the Virginia Destroyers.
Most of the 2006 Team

1. When a photo like that is even made, you know it's bad. The charges ranged from weapons possessions to drunk driving. Overall, the 2006 team is one of the most shamed teams in football history. 
Chris Henry

1. It hurts me to even make this slide. Henry was involved in so many off-field incidents that I'm not entirely sure that two hands will do the trick if you're counting. Despite the irritating arrests, I can say that tears fell from my eyes the day that Henry's death was announced.From Dec. 15, 2005 through June 3, 2006, Henry was arrested four times for no less than six different offenses.    These ranged from drug charges to allowing under age drinking in his home.It got worse.        Henry was suspended for eight games during the 2007 season. Following the suspension, Henry continued to get involved in incidents, which included assault and probation violations. Altogether, Henry had at least ten off-field incidents.  Despite his actions, Henry was able to accumulate 21 touchdowns and just under 120 catches throughout his troubled five year career.  In November 2009—the season the was seemingly going to use as a rebirth—he was placed on injured reserve after suffering a broken arm. It would be the last time Henry ever stepped foot on an NFL field.Though facts are widely debated, it is known that Henry was thrown from the back of a moving pickup truck on Dec. 16, 2009. The fall caused grave injuries, and Henry was pronounced dead on Dec. 19. Henry showed that he had some of the best talent in the league.  We will never know much Henry could have truly given the NFL, but I will continue to believe that he would be one of the league's top ten receivers if he were still alive.

But I would root for the Browns through 100 seasons of games and 8 World Championships  exactly like that one before I'd proudly be a fan of a team that employs those seven!

Yawn

If you think a serial sexual assaulter is comparable to some DUIs and various other misdemeanors, I don't know what to tell you. Your moral compass is broken. Each of those Bengals players had their issues. Chris Henry in particular just could not manage to stay on the straight and narrow. But they were mostly misguided or otherwise foolish.

The Bengals did employ several fools or troubled people.

The Browns are currently employing, for lack of a better term, an "evil person" in Watson.

The only thing that even is in the same realm of the maliciousness of Watson's actions is Mixon's punch. It was a single punch when he was a teenager and he and the woman have made amends.

How many of Watson's 22+ victims have made amends with him (outside of settling for a cash compensation for the trauma he inflicted upon them)?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yawn

If you think a serial sexual assaulter is comparable to some DUIs and various other misdemeanors, I don't know what to tell you. Your moral compass is broken. Each of those Bengals players had their issues. Chris Henry in particular just could not manage to stay on the straight and narrow. But they were mostly misguided or otherwise foolish.

The Bengals did employ several fools or troubled people.

The Browns are currently employing, for lack of a better term, an "evil person" in Watson.

The only thing that even is in the same realm of the maliciousness of Watson's actions is Mixon's punch. It was a single punch when he was a teenager and he and the woman have made amends.

How many of Watson's 22+ victims have made amends with him (outside of settling for a cash compensation for the trauma he inflicted upon them)?

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO 
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 05:44 PM)Vambo Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO 

Yea, I'm not surprised you have no response to what I said. When someone shows you hard truths regarding your moral failings, laughter and pretending it's not a big deal is an easy way to deflect and not think about it.

Give it time.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I'm not surprised you have no response to what I said. When someone shows you hard truths regarding your moral failings, laughter and pretending it's not a big deal is an easy way to deflect and not think about it.

Give it time.

Sounds like serial Joe "punch a woman " Mixon was out endangering lives last night driving at 170 MPH ... wow ... hard truths regarding your moral failing, I'm not surprised you  love him so much!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mixon-170-mph-on-Instagram

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:16 PM)Vambo Wrote: Sounds like serial Joe "punch a woman " Mixon was out endangering lives last night driving at 170 MPH ... wow ... hard truths regarding your moral failing, I'm not surprised you  love him so much!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mixon-170-mph-on-Instagram

your desperation to throw as many barriers between yourself and the knowledge that a serial sexual predator is on the team that you not only support but have convinced yourself are "the good guys" is apparent and, honestly, pathetic.

Mixon is a troubled guy. But irresponsibly speeding and sexually assaulting dozens of women are not on the same level.

You're never going to win this battle with Watson on your team.

Reclaim the high ground and cast away your support for the Browns until he is gone.

Or stay in this blissfully ignorant state of denial cushioned with the rationalization that every team employs "bad guys," where it is safe and warm.

Your choice.
Reply/Quote
Vambo = Poe

Here when the Browns win, nowhere to be seen the other 99% of the time when they're sucking a large weiner. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I thought it was commonly accepted that if you don't talk smack BEFORE the game, you aren't allowed to talk smack AFTER the game. Only losers and people with no life do this.

Is it possible to ban someone from just this sub? 'Cause I think that should be an official rule moving forward. If you don't post smack a week or less before the game and you TRY to post smack after, BAN from the smack forum.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: your desperation to throw as many barriers between yourself and the knowledge that a serial sexual predator is on the team that you not only support but have convinced yourself are "the good guys" is apparent and, honestly, pathetic.

Mixon is a troubled guy. But irresponsibly speeding and sexually assaulting dozens of women are not on the same level.

You're never going to win this battle with Watson on your team.

Reclaim the high ground and cast away your support for the Browns until he is gone.

Or stay in this blissfully ignorant state of denial cushioned with the rationalization that every team employs "bad guys," where it is safe and warm.

Your choice.

Your desperation to defend Murder man Mixon with the knowledge that a serial mad man is running loose in Cinci...the mad man almost beat a poor helpless woman to death and the without regard for other human life in order to get a few kicks goes on a 170 MPH rampage that could have ended up killing families, women small children and tiny tiny innocent BABIES.

Reclaim the high ground and cast away your support for the Bengals until he is gone.

Your choice.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought it was commonly accepted that if you don't talk smack BEFORE the game, you aren't allowed to talk smack AFTER the game. Only losers and people with no life do this.

Is it possible to ban someone from just this sub? 'Cause I think that should be an official rule moving forward. If you don't post smack a week or less before the game and you TRY to post smack after, BAN from the smack forum.

Did any of you talk smack before the game? Yet here you are...

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:13 PM)Vambo Wrote: Your desperation to defend Murder man Mixon

Mixon didn't kill anyone. Nor did he rape anyone or 30+ anyones like Watson. But good to see that driving fast is a worse crime than 30 + cases of sexual assault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:16 PM)Vambo Wrote: Did any of you talk smack before the game? Yet here you are...

Not about the Browns, I didn't. And do you see me talking smack about them after the game? No.

I have what's called integrity.  Since I know you don't know what that is, here's a little help for you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/integrity

Also, you do realize there are other teams in the AFCN besides the Browns, right? What am I saying? You probably don't even realize there are 31 other teams in the NFL besides the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Vambo = Poe

Here when the Browns win, nowhere to be seen the other 99% of the time when they're sucking a large weiner. 

Edgar Allen Poe such complement.

rfaulk34 = OJ Simpson

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not about the Browns, I didn't. And do you see me talking smack about them after the game? No.

I have what's called integrity.  Since I know you don't know what that is, here's a little help for you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/integrity

Also, you do realize there are other teams in the AFCN besides the Browns, right? What am I saying? You probably don't even realize there are 31 other teams in the NFL besides the Browns.

What smack was there to talk about before the fist game of the season?

Originally I posted this in Around the AFC North Chatter thread it was moved here, so my intention wasn't Smack.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mixon didn't kill anyone. Nor did he rape anyone or 30+ anyones like Watson. But good to see that driving fast is a worse crime than 30 + cases of sexual assault.

If Watson rape anyone or 30+ wouldn't there have been a trial and conviction resulting of him in Prison?

There is video of Mixon brutally beating a helpless woman half to death and he did post he was recklessly driving at speeds of 170 mph that could of resulted in the death of families with women, small children and poor innocent babies...will his total disregard for human life ever stop!

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:27 PM)Vambo Wrote: What smack was there to talk about before the fist game of the season?

The usual; how each fan thinks this is the year for their team to be the best.

(09-15-2023, 12:27 PM)Vambo Wrote: Originally I posted this in Around the AFC North Chatter thread it was moved here, so my intention wasn't Smack.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But, I'm a magnanimous ( https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magnanimous ) kind of guy, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say, "Ok."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:38 PM)Vambo Wrote: If Watson rape anyone or 30+ wouldn't there have been a trial and conviction resulting of him in Prison?

Please tell me you're 6 years old or younger because no one over the age of 13 believes that no one gets away with committing crimes. 

(09-15-2023, 12:38 PM)Vambo Wrote: There is video of Mixon brutally beating a helpless woman half to death and he did post he was recklessly driving at speeds of 170 mph that could of resulted in the death of families with women, small children and poor innocent babies...will his total disregard for human life ever stop!

Sorry, sweaty, you can't have it both ways. According to you and your logic, if Joe actually HAD beat a "helpless woman half to death' and drove "at speeds of 170 MPH" there would have been a trial and a conviction resulting in prison time for him. Since he's still a free man, he clearly didn't do those things.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Browns and Bengal fans: Argue about player morality

Steelers fans:

[Image: antonio-brown-peace-out.gif][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnuq_5ax0yDA3odXHJ87z...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: glasshouse-stone.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 12:13 PM)Vambo Wrote: Your desperation to defend Murder man Mixon with the knowledge that a serial mad man is running loose in Cinci...the mad man almost beat a poor helpless woman to death and the without regard for other human life in order to get a few kicks goes on a 170 MPH rampage that could have ended up killing families, women small children and tiny tiny innocent BABIES.

Reclaim the high ground and cast away your support for the Bengals until he is gone.

Your choice.

It took you a day and a half to respond and all you came up with was repeating my post back to me but with made up nonsense replacing the actual things Watson did.

I've never seen a Browns fan wear an L so proudly.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 06:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: antonio-brown-peace-out.gif][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnuq_5ax0yDA3odXHJ87z...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: glasshouse-stone.gif]

Hasn't been a Steeler in years
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2023, 06:20 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Hasn't been a Steeler in years

[Image: once-a-steelers-always-a-steelers-shirt-V-neck.jpg]

[Image: Steelers-Hoodie-3D-Once-A-Steeler-Always...s-Gift.jpg]

[Image: 7db52d9a4dcb8b9ee642a6a90394d4ba.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote