Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 million
25 million and change. That’s how much we’re paying Geno and Dunlap. If your highest paid players give you virtually nothing you’re not going to win many games. Today was a clear cut case of our lack of pass rush costing us a game. The ease in which Rivers sat back and carved us up was embarrassing.

I love both those guys. Two of my favorite Bengals of all time, but I sincerely hope we move on from all these aging players (AJ too) next season. Can’t tie that much money up in over-the-hill players that aren’t producing anymore.

I fear Mike Brown being loyal to a fault will cost us several years of Burrow’s rookie contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
$43M if you include AJ Green's salary. (As long as we're talking about no return on investment)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: $43M if you include AJ Green's salary. (As long as we're talking about no return on investment)

Yep. Didn’t want to knock him today after a decent game, but when you add in him and Waynes all our big money guys have given us close to nothing so far. Brutal.

Reply/Quote
Don’t forget Gio is getting 12 or 13 million, and today was the most he’s played all year.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:02 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Don’t forget Gio is getting 12 or 13 million, and today was the most he’s played all year.

Ha!  Gio is getting $3.1M this year.  That might seem a bit high, but he did produce a score today.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:02 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Don’t forget Gio is getting 12 or 13 million, and today was the most he’s played all year.

They are talking yearly
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 25 million and change. That’s how much we’re paying Geno and Dunlap. If your highest paid players give you virtually nothing you’re not going to win many games. Today was a clear cut case of our lack of pass rush costing us a game. The ease in which Rivers sat back and carved us up was embarrassing.

I love both those guys. Two of my favorite Bengals of all time, but I sincerely hope we move on from all these aging players (AJ too) next season. Can’t tie that much money up in over-the-hill players that aren’t producing anymore.

I fear Mike Brown being loyal to a fault will cost us several years of Burrow’s rookie contract.

If anyone would take either in a trade for a fifth I’d do it. Just to get something, but I doubt they’d warrant even that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Your right, looked it up. Like you sad not worth it, though.
Reply/Quote
Geno it's probably playing hurt but Dunlap is playing like he doesn't care. Some of the recently signed defense linemen played well considering they've only been with the team with short while.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  Gio is getting $3.1M this year.  That might seem a bit high, but he did produce a score today.

$4.8 million cap hit, which places him 12th among all RB's.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/running-back/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $4.8 million cap hit, which places him 12th among all RB's.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/running-back/

Imagine paying a guy more than 20 starting backs in the league to use him the way we do.

Gio Bernard had 4 carries on the season going into todays game.  4.

Un-freakin-believable.
Reply/Quote
1.) Neither guy got playing time and when they did lou only rushed 3 guys.
2.) The Colts came into the game giving up only 5 sacks on the year. It's not like we.were playing our offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
As usual MB pays players who stay with the team, not because they are worth their weight in gold. If you stay with us, we will pay you, regardless of your stats.
Reply/Quote
What are we paying Mixon to get three yards a carry?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Imagine paying a guy more than 20 starting backs in the league to use him the way we do.

Gio Bernard had 4 carries on the season going into todays game.  4.

Un-freakin-believable.

Yep. Blows me away. Inept money management. Paying to be overly loyal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We have the players at other positions now where I feel like the team can mainly focus on the trenches over the next couple of years. I’m with you, the lack of pass rush was apparent today. I also don’t think I have seen so many missed assigments or blown coverages in one game in my life. I mean 235 passing yards in one quarter???? That is just damn hard to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. Blows me away. Inept money management. Paying to be overly loyal.

I won't criticize them over Gio's contract.  When it appeared that Mixon was having foot issues, he was right there.  None of the other backs that we've had around in the past few years have been able to come close to unseating him as the RB2 and Change of Pace, 3rd down blocking back.

Although, when the camera focused on him after his TD, with that pron stache, he kinda put me in mind of Lamont Sanford.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 25 million and change. That’s how much we’re paying Geno and Dunlap. If your highest paid players give you virtually nothing you’re not going to win many games. Today was a clear cut case of our lack of pass rush costing us a game. The ease in which Rivers sat back and carved us up was embarrassing.

This is what happens when several of the front office's draft picks turn bust over several years. This just saps the depth out of the team and means there's no one is there to replacing aging stars.

The sent Whit and Zietler packing and see still see the effects of those mistakes on the OL.

Reply/Quote
Many fans here still think like Marvin. They want to keep aging, non-productive players.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I won't criticize them over Gio's contract.  When it appeared that Mixon was having foot issues, he was right there.  None of the other backs that we've had around in the past few years have been able to come close to unseating him as the RB2 and Change of Pace, 3rd down blocking back.

I don't know how you set his market price at that amount, even if you value him greatly.

I can get on board with definitely wanting to keep him. (I love Gio, and I'm glad he's here.) Like I said though, I just don't get how they determined that was his worth.  It's like they didn't bother looking at any other RB contracts to set their offer.

His agent had to have been over the moon when it came through.  It's an unbelievable amount for a RB that hasn't hit 500 yards rushing since 2015. 
Reply/Quote