Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...
(12-13-2017, 12:55 PM)depthchart Wrote:  
"As Owner of the Bengals it has come to my attention through our PR Department that you will not cease and desist Posting about our Organizations lack of a Playoff win over the past roughly 2 and 1/2 decades. I can assure you that every member of our Organization is working tirelessly to give our fans much more than just a Playoff win but a Super Bowl Trophy. I have never Posted on one of these Fan Boards before until today. A Poster that I am familiar with named Depthchart has been gracious enough to allow me to Post here using his account. As Owner I felt it necessary to do so since your repetition Posts on this issue have bubbled up through our PR Department as being an issue we must directly respond to. Your last Post had the word "Hope" in it and I ask you to bear with us with "Hope" in mind while ceasing or at the very least limiting how often you bring up our past Playoff record. I ask you to look forward with us to brighter days ahead."

Sincerely,  Mike Brown, President

P. S. "Thank you Depthchart for the use of your account.

Who Dey

P. S. Once again  "These Smilies icons are fun to use. He is saying Who Dey. Look Katie."

Mike Brown needs a lesson on how to properly utilize capital letters. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mike Brown needs a lesson on how to properly utilize capital letters. Mellow

I see that he does need a lesson.

Glad I don't have that problem myself.    Tongue  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Of course no one rolls out of bed saying they want to be mediocre...but when you keep a coach who is 0-7 in the playoffs...whay is that saying?

Most of our 'talent' was the result of 2 GREAT drafts. Our drafts since then have been average to bad. The past 5 years almost all of our drafts have been below average.

You know teams can get lucky drafting a guy like Atkins. It isn't like they're consistently drafting Pro Bowl players.

The time to fire Lewis was 3 years ago. Now we need 4 new lineman, 2 new LB's, a WR2, a DT next to Atkins, and changes at CB.

It's just like when Lazor took over and people acted like our offense would be great because of a coaching change. The issue wasn't Zampese. It was the personnel.

I gotta beg to differ on that one......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here we are sitting at 5-5. We'll likely need to finish 4-2 to make the playoffs.

Even if we somehow do sneak into the playoffs, there's very little chance we beat the Steelers or Patriots.

26 teams have won 5+ playoff games since we last won 1. What will it take to finally win that elusive playoff game?
Reply/Quote
Winning a single playoff game seems out-of-reach yet again. But, since we've last won a single playoff game, 26 teams have won 5+ playoff games.

It's not that hard to do.

But, we also have an owner/GM who hasn't won a single playoff game in 26+ years. He also employs a coach who hasn't won a single playoff game in 16 years. ie It's tolerated.
Reply/Quote
It's funny because the Bengals act like fans have unrealistic expectations of playoff wins...when reality is that some 90% of the NFL has won 5+ since we've last won 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 02:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny because the Bengals act like fans have unrealistic expectations of playoff wins

No they don't.  They never said anything like that.

Why do so many people make up stuff like this?
Reply/Quote
It's my considered opinion that the sheer glut of similar threads by the OP is not meant to enlighten or discuss but to simply overwhelm. Each of these threads is a guy once again taking out his hammer to beat us over the heads with our failures yet again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...which is how many the Bengals have in their ENTIRE 50 YEAR HISTORY!

And we have NONE since modern free agency began in 1992.

Time to change the strategy and sign a few Tier 2 and 3 free agents! Maybe start valuing Center and Guard!

True, but if you look deeper into the stats is that there have been teams that come out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.  That is the reality in which we have to hold our hope. 

The Rams are a good comparison for us. They were stuck in mediocrity with Jeff Fisher and they changed coaching staffs , signed a few FA and now are one of the Super Bowl favorites. 

The only downside to this is that our owner is not the Rams owner and  he seems to want to win. Either way we can only hope that Mike Brown just decides to go for it one of these days.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 04:40 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: True, but if you look deeper into the stats is that there have been teams that come out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.  That is the reality in which we have to hold our hope. 

Hold our hope? As sad as it is, we have to hope for the physical or mental demise of Mikey.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...which is how many the Bengals have in their ENTIRE 50 YEAR HISTORY!

And we have NONE since modern free agency began in 1992.

Time to change the strategy and sign a few Tier 2 and 3 free agents! Maybe start valuing Center and Guard!

How many different ways are you going to say the exact same thing?  How many different discussions are going to get buried under this deluge of rhetoric?

Seriously, the Bengals are historically a doormat.  We all know this.  Every different spin you can put on the same factoid doesn't need it's own thread.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 04:59 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Hold our hope? As sad as it is, we have to hope for the physical or mental demise of Mikey.

As much as I loathe his ownership history, I cant, as a human, hope a morally sound person gets sick or dies lol.  

Is Katie the same way as Mike? She gets the team right? Or is Mike leaving the Bengals to Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they don't.  They never said anything like that.

Here's a link:

Brown actually had the gall to blame fans’ irrational expectations for the team’s low attendance. “In some ways, ours is a hard market,” he said. “It is the fact that our people are judgmental about us. They are often easy to condemn when it doesn’t go to their standards. But we’re coming off a run of playoff years and they began to see that as the bare minimum. Well, maybe for them it is. For most people in this league, it’s a pretty solid achievement.”

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/20/mike-brown-unsuccessfully-presents-argument-bengals-fans/
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they don't.  They never said anything like that.

I don't believe it's about any words said by the Bengals, but rather something said by their actions. Actions do speak louder than words.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's a link:

Brown actually had the gall to blame fans’ irrational expectations for the team’s low attendance. “In some ways, ours is a hard market,” he said. “It is the fact that our people are judgmental about us. They are often easy to condemn when it doesn’t go to their standards. But we’re coming off a run of playoff years and they began to see that as the bare minimum. Well, maybe for them it is. For most people in this league, it’s a pretty solid achievement.”

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/20/mike-brown-unsuccessfully-presents-argument-bengals-fans/

Only in Mikey's rationalizing world is getting #$%$# slapped in the first round of the playoffs every single time a "solid achievement"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's a link:

Well, I spoke too soon in my last post. Mike Brown's words do match his actions, winning is optional even if losing is disappointing. Clearly that's what his actions are saying. His words are saying that he's comfortable with Marvin and the team needed a break here and there and we'd all have seen it differently. Except it sure as hell would have take a lot more than a play or two for the 2017 season to be seen as a success in anyone's eyes, except for Mike Brown's eyes, of course.

Reply/Quote
I'm with Mike Brown on this one. What franchise other than maybe the Patriots wouldn't be thrilled to finish 12th, 12th, 12th, 12th, 12th, 24th, 20th, and 23rd (or so)?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm with Mike Brown on this one.  What franchise other than maybe the Patriots wouldn't be thrilled to finish 12th, 12th, 12th, 12th, 12th, 24th, 20th, and 23rd (or so)?

Solid Achievement 

We're a model for others to emulate and an inspiration to all that observe us.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 09:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Solid Achievement 

We're a model for others to emulate and an inspiration to all that observe us.

Ehh, everything will be fine.  The Ravens have a RB at QB, Pig Ben is going to retire any day now, and Baker Mayfield is the next Johnny Manziel.  If we stand pat and change nothing we should be in the running to win the AFC North next year!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 05:03 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: As much as I loathe his ownership history, I cant, as a human, hope a morally sound person gets sick or dies lol.  

Is Katie the same way as Mike? She gets the team right? Or is Mike leaving the Bengals to Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson?

I don't really see Mikey as a morally sound person
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote