Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
265-48 is the key stat!
We got outrushed 265 yards to 48. Not going to win too many games where that happened.

We have 2 really good RB's and can't run the ball.

The offensive line is just plain bad a run blocking. Boling has regressed a lot from last year. The Tackles are below average to bad most of the time.

Hopefully Price can improve for next season. As a young player, I'd say he likely will.

But, while the defense has been terrible...the offense isn't good either. The stats are ugly.
Reply/Quote
Totally agree. 165 is a bad day, much less 2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it, but we're not 1 or 2 players away. We're about 5-6 players away...

We might get 1-2 starters in the draft. So we have to dip into free agency to upgrade the other spots.

We just don't seem to do that in any quantity. We might make a trade for 1 guy, but we generally don't sign 4-5 guys.
Reply/Quote
Any time your opponent rushes 54 times, it's going to KILL you on time of possession.

Plus with all the injuries at receiver, we needed more than 19 yards from Mixon/Gio.

In short, Ravens had a masterful game plan (Jackson looks very green as a passer), and our coaches continue to look a hot mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hate to say it, but we're not 1 or 2 players away. We're about 5-6 players away...

We might get 1-2 starters in the draft. So we have to dip into free agency to upgrade the other spots.

We just don't seem to do that in any quantity. We might make a trade for 1 guy, but we generally don't sign 4-5 guys.

I'd say we're about 10-15 coaches away. Plus the 5-6 players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hate to say it, but we're not 1 or 2 players away. We're about 5-6 players away...

We're good at 
QB- Andy is good
RB- Mixon and Benard
WR- Green, Ross, Boyd are all good players
Dline- Atkins, Dunlap, and Lawson are three all pro caliber players for us then we have Willis, Hubbard, and Billings who are good role players.
Secondary- two good starters in Wliams and Bates at safety. At Corner we have a near superstar in Jackson, a good Nickle in Dennard, and an Ok Corner in Kirkpatrick. If Dennard leaves then that might be worrisome but even then we have Phillips who was a pleasant surprise.
Were solid at LT and Guard your litteraly making up stuff there. 
So we have to address 4 positions in the off season majorly RG, RT, TE and off Ball LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say we're about 10-15 coaches away. Plus the 5-6 players.

No doubt. The time to switch HC's was about 5 years ago. We had a good roster then. Our roster is not so good now and the coaches are still mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We're good at 
QB- Andy is good
RB- Mixon and Benard
WR- Green, Ross, Boyd are all good players
Dline- Atkins, Dunlap, and Lawson are three all pro caliber players for us then we have Willis, Hubbard, and Billings who are good role players.
Secondary- two good starters in Wliams and Bates at safety. At Corner we have a near superstar in Jackson, a good Nickle in Dennard, and an Ok Corner in Kirkpatrick. If Dennard leaves then that might be worrisome but even then we have Phillips who was a pleasant surprise.
Were solid at LT and Guard your litteraly making up stuff there. 
So we have to address 4 positions in the off season majorly RG, RT, TE and off Ball LB.

Ross is not good. Willis and Hubbard are not good. They may make a play here and there but they aren't good.

Williams isn't Good at safety. He's maybe above average and a poor tackler.

Jackson isn't a 'near Superstar'. He had great stats last year. As a starter he's been exposed. Dennard isn't a 'good Nickle.'

We're not 'solid at LT'. Glenn has underachieved and the PFF stats bear it out. We're not 'solid at Guard' either. Boling's PFF rating was in the 70's and 80's last year. He's in the 60's now. He's regressed.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say we're about 10-15 coaches away. Plus the 5-6 players.

HC, DC, and OC for sure. And I'd say 6-7 players 2/3 LB, 3 OL, TE, DT

How many times did our RB's get past the LOS before contact ? twice ? Oline is just horrible !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: HC, DC, and OC for sure. And I'd say 6-7 players 2/3 LB, 3 OL, TE, DT

How many times did our RB's get past the LOS before contact ? twice ? Oline is just horrible !

In person, at the Saints Game...I could see that the place where the play was designed to run was stuffed so many times. Our lineman frequently lose battles.

And...the kicker is guys like Boling are getting worse. Maybe it's age. Maybe new system. But, he's declining.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hate to say it, but we're not 1 or 2 players away. We're about 5-6 players away...

Ha...that’s hilarious! Dip into free agency...there’s a novel idea. It’s just not the Mike Brown way. We let talent go to resign contracts of our underperforming draft picks. If they’ve really developed into something good we let them sign elsewhere. Reggie Nelson is an upgrade over any safety we have but we didn’t resign him. We have scrubs for LBs. Michael Johnson is the supposed leader of this defense and the dude probably would not make the 53 man roster anywhere else..

Each week it’s been a tossup between Ohio State and The Bengals for who has the worst defense. With both teams consistently setting the bar for how shitty they can be. Next week the upcoming blowout from TTUN and Browns will be the culmination of all their efforts, or lack of.

Goes to show that AJ Green is this team and as he goes so goes the team. Andy is incapable of putting this team on his shoulders.
Reply/Quote
Too many offensive 3 and outs. We are good for a few a game. Pair that with the D’s inability to get off the field on 3rd down those numbers add up. If our O could sustain more drives then the D would be on the field less. It would just help mask how bad our D is. That said I’m starting to think our O is equally bad.
Reply/Quote
If you look at the remaining games on our schedule Oakland is really the only given. Definitely cant see this team beating the Steelers or the Chargers. A lot of fans act like Cleveland is two automatic wins but I’m not so sure. Baker Mayfiled can make some plays. I’m gonna take a wild guess and say this defense will have a hard time tackling Nick Chubb. Duke Johnson and Njoku the tight end vs. our linebackers is a scary thought. Even the Broncos could be tough matchup gonna assume Hart and company will have a tough time blocking Von Miller and Bradley Chubb and the Broncos run with ball well.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If you look at the remaining games on our schedule Oakland is really the only given. Definitely cant see this team beating the Steelers or the Chargers. A lot of fans act like Cleveland is two automatic wins but I’m not so sure. Baker Mayfiled can make some plays. I’m gonna take a wild guess and say this defense will have a hard time tackling Nick Chubb. Duke Johnson and Njoku the tight end vs. our linebackers is a scary thought. Even the Broncos could be tough matchup gonna assume Hart and company will have a tough time blocking Von Miller and Bradley Chubb and the Broncos run with ball well.

My only hope is that the Steelers’ playoff position will be locked going into the final week and they rest their starters.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:16 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: My only hope is that the Steelers’ playoff position will be locked going into the final week and they rest their starters.

Even in that situation, I think Pittsburgh would still be favored
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:50 PM)N_B Wrote: Even in that situation, I think Pittsburgh would still be favored

No doubt. We got schooled by a rookie QB today. Rudolph would probably beat us too.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross is not good. Willis and Hubbard are not good. They may make a play here and there but they aren't good.

Williams isn't Good at safety. He's maybe above average and a poor tackler.

Jackson isn't a 'near Superstar'. He had great stats last year. As a starter he's been exposed. Dennard isn't a 'good Nickle.'

We're not 'solid at LT'. Glenn has underachieved and the PFF stats bear it out. We're not 'solid at Guard' either. Boling's PFF rating was in the 70's and 80's last year. He's in the 60's now. He's regressed.
1.) Ross has what 4tds this season ( let me guess you and the other negatron brain trust on this board are going to tell me TDs don't matter).
2.) What? Hubbard is having a great season wtf are you talking about? Honestly what you're just going to dismiss all the good plays because it goes against your point. Willis maybe you have a point but dude isn't getting playing time because Marvin has a hard on for MJ.
3.) We're a lot better at LT then we were last season and boiling might have had a bad game here and there but for the most part he is doing well. 
4.) Williams above average is good! Also how is Williams a bad Tackler when he is on Pace to have over 100 tackles.
4.) Jackson has been steller since the dolphin game and Dennard is a good nickle.  

If we we're as bad as you say we were we would not be 5-5 at this point and we would not have gone 4-1 to start the season.  Do we have glaring weakness's sure LB, R Offensive line, and TE.  With that being said it's not so bad that we should blow this roster up. One that is the youngest in the NFL. 

The situation is bad but its fixable if we have a good draft and free agency. far from it's never going to work.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: HC, DC, and OC for sure. And I'd say 6-7 players 2/3 LB, 3 OL, TE, DT

Add a punter to that list because Huber sucks. He costs us field position constantly with his awful punting.
Reply/Quote
Back in 2015 (before Haslett came to Bengals), the Bengals were 7th best in rushing defense.
Since Haslett became the LB coach, the rushing defense went to 21st in 2016, 30th in 2017, and now last place in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Back in 2015 (before Haslett came to Bengals), the Bengals were 7th best in rushing defense.
Since Haslett became the LB coach, the rushing defense went to 21st in 2016, 30th in 2017, and now last place in 2018.

He needs to go. He might be the worst coach we have on a staff that includes Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson...

Reply/Quote