Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote:Austin sucks and needs fired.
Let me guess. You're new here?
Actually I know you're not ,but c'mon. How often does this team actually fire coordinators after a few games other than last year?  And who would they replace him with ?  I could see a real mess even worse than it is now replacing the coordinator after just 4 games in unless Marv himself decided to call defensive snaps which might not be such a terrible idea after all ,but it ain't gonna happen at least this season . We're stuck with Austin for at least this one season .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

That's the average ppg the Bengals D gave up in the first 4 games of 2012. They turned it around and only gave up 8 ppg over the last eight games.

Give the guy a minute or two to figure out how his players respond under certain conditions and i'm sure his play calling will adapt. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yawn (passed on from Tiger Teeth)
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yawn  (passed on from Tiger Teeth)

No, that was directed to you, and your posts.  BOOM!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
You know what really frosts my flakes about this Cincinnati defense? Teryl Austin has game planned badly against two NFC teams he’s seen for years. He saw Atlanta and Carolina once every three years and Cincinnati only saw them once every four years. Last week was awful; it was like Teryl didn’t know Cam Newton ran the ball a lot. Today he gave Matt Ryan room behind the receivers and you can’t do that against Julio Jones or Mohamed Sanu.

Teryl Austin had some good defenses in Detroit but right now I don’t see the Cincinnati defense tackling with the same form or intensity as they did against Indianapolis or Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No, that was directed to you, and your posts.  BOOM!

Yawn   Violin
Reply/Quote
Teryl must own stock in dunkin because he employs the donut defense.

Middle wide open, can’t stop the run, can’t get off the field on 3rd down and Dre gets picked on constantly.

Big win but I hope burfict can finish the the rest of this year healthy and suspension free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Let me guess. You're new here?
Actually I know you're not ,but c'mon. How often does this team actually fire coordinators after a few games other than last year?  And who would they replace him with ?  I could see a real mess even worse than it is now replacing the coordinator after just 4 games in unless Marv himself decided to call defensive snaps which might not be such a terrible idea after all ,but it ain't gonna happen at least this season . We're stuck with Austin for at least this one season .

Maybe he is mocking the game day threads gramps?
Reply/Quote
There are a ton of points being scored in the first 4 games.

These stupid new roughing passer rules aren't helping things.

QBs are basically in 'bubble wrap'!
Reply/Quote
Is it me, or does it seem like there's been a ton of 400+ yard passing games already this year?
Reply/Quote
Damn horrible. Let's see how Vontaze improves it. I bet he counts for at least 7 per game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Is it me, or does it seem like there's been a ton of 400+ yard passing games already this year?

And yet our own has never had one (yet) in his illustrious career...  :andy:
Reply/Quote
I am not feeling it with the new Defensive Coordinator. Not feeling it at all. Linebackers even with Brown are not strong without Burfict. Dre is inconsistent and it would not surprise me one bit if they draft another first round CB next draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It could be worse. The Browns just scored 42 points and LOST!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Is it me, or does it seem like there's been a ton of 400+ yard passing games already this year?

Not sure about that but tons of points scored so far in the league.
Reply/Quote
Our defense in general usually looks quite different without one of the best players on our team on the field. He really needs to figure out how to stay on the field this year. I think one thing's for sure, he won't be allowing huge gashing runs all game.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, but also seemed Jackson is struggling.

But, Falcons may be the best offense in the NFL, Gio did great, but we also had to throw 41 times with no Mixon. The TOP was lopsided so our defense who continues to play poor 3rd down defense was on the field a long long time

It seems a lot of the guys are struggling with Austin's zone scheme.  Hopefully, they can shore it up as the season moves along.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:47 PM)bengals73 Wrote: First thing I'd do is find a replacement for Dre Kirkpatrick, this guy is just awful

McRae will replace him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 28.25

Let that number sink in, because it’s the amount of points the Bengals have allowed per game on average in 2018.  That’s awful and Cincinnati is one of the worst scoring defenses in the league.  Now sure, playing Carolina and Atlanta can skew the scoring defense statistic because those teams can score a ridiculous amount of points but come on!  

Yes, Cincinnati is 3-1 and for that I’m glad, especially with Vontaze Burfict out.  But this defense, um, it’s terrible.  Coverage on the back end is loose, the linebackers are nowhere to be found, and even the defensive line gets gashed a lot.

This defense may well be a work in progress but I wonder what Teryl Austin has in mind.

Nah.. I disagree, our defense is good, we wouldn't be 3 - 1 if we had the defense we have now.  Definitely not one to brag about, but what you probably didnt notice, eventhough we give up lots of 3rd downs and lots of points per game, they always seem to put a stop when it counts and have come up clutch to get us a win. Dre does need replacing though.
Reply/Quote
Let's see how they look against a fairly flaccid Miami offense and with the heart and soul of the D back. The NFL is different now, you don't see dominant defense. The rules don't allow it. You have to make big plays and win on 3rd down to be a good D. I still feel like the pass rush will improve and we will be ok.
Reply/Quote