Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 years ago today...
Damn I was 9 years old. That sucks man. I may never get to witness a bengals Super Bowl win, or a playoff win for that matter. It sucks to even think about.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 06:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I had literally just gotten home from San Francisco and the Navy. Didn't even watch the game just to much going on. I was 26

I did get to enjoy the Reds going wire to wire though.

Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago !

When you put it into that sort of context, both the Reds and Bengals have been on the skids for over a generation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you put it into that sort of context, both the Reds and Bengals have been on the skids for over a generation.

Yep, that was the last time Cincinnati has been, well relevant in the Sports world.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 06:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I had literally just gotten home from San Francisco and the Navy. Didn't even watch the game just to much going on. I was 26

I did get to enjoy the Reds going wire to wire though.

Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago !

Ahh yes, I remember this, Swept Oakland in 4. I actually bet my stepdad $100 the Reds would sweep the A's. He took the bet and never paid the debt. Such a bag! Oh well, I kicked his butt anyway about a year later for getting drunk and having a crazy idea he could punch me in the face and get away with it. I should have pulled his wallet out and took my 100 bucks while he was laying on the floor waiting on the ambulance. LOL

Reply/Quote
My most vivid memory of that game is James Brooks dislocating his thumb.  THe camera showed the thumb several times prompting Bob Trumpy to say something to the effect of "Can you quit showing that?"
Reply/Quote
Only Mike Brown could put a black eye on the 90's, aka the goat decade.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I was born October 1 1991 9 months after so I’ve never been alive for one maybe I’m the curse
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 08:08 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I was born October 1 1991 9 months after so I’ve never been alive for one maybe I’m the curse

You know what you have to do...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
That was the day before my 40th birthday.
Reply/Quote
I think that they go with a current Rams employee. 
Reply/Quote
I was coming up on 1 year and 6 months old.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ahh yes, I remember this, Swept Oakland in 4. I actually bet my stepdad $100 the Reds would sweep the A's. He took the bet and never paid the debt. Such a bag! Oh well, I kicked his butt anyway about a year later for getting drunk and having a crazy idea he could punch me in the face and get away with it. I should have pulled his wallet out and took my 100 bucks while he was laying on the floor waiting on the ambulance. LOL

And then said BTW, you lost..........the bet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 10:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And then said BTW, you lost..........the bet

He was in the hospital for 3 days. He paid his debt in full. But yes, would have been an apocalyptic Arnold Schwarzenegger statement if I had thought of it at the time. The bag actually had no job and no place to live a few short years after when my mom finally said she’d had enough. I put him up and got him a job. It was a forgiveness thing. Not for him, but for me.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was recalled to active duty for this. Shipped to New Jersey and then Virginia for refresher training and then shipped to Mainz Germany with the 4/11 Cav. Ground war started, they started surrendering by the thousands, I was shipped back home. Boots never hit the sand. Worked on Cobra and Apache attack helicopters back then. Still kick myself in the butt for not taking advantage of the training I had in the civilian world instead of coming back to this small little town with nothing to offer. Or at least staying in till retirement, although I hated running during PT and also had as much AFN I could stomach. I was 23 then. Hard to believe I'm 51 and no playoff win since then. Hussein cursed the Bengals.

Ya know Harley, had you moved to this small town, you could have worked on those birds here as a contractor and made bank. :andy:

Thanks for your dedication to our country....same goes for bfine and '74 as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 08:14 PM)jason Wrote: You know what you have to do...

Someone put up a cross outside the stadium we’ll do this the old school way it’ll really send a message
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
I was 20 years old when the Bengals won their last playoff game. Just crazy to think about sometimes.

Whoever the next head coach is, hopefully he can put an end to this damnable streak!   Mellow

I was like 7, crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I  was like 7, crazy.

I was a freshman in high school.  I went from cheering for a team that was getting in the postseason, winning some, and going to Super Bowls to not being able to watch them by the start of college due to the black out rules of the era.  THAT's crazy.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was a freshman in high school.  I went from cheering for a team that was getting in the postseason, winning some, and going to Super Bowls to not being able to watch them by the start of college due to the black out rules of the era.  THAT's crazy.

It is, pretty crazy i became a Bengal fan when we played Frisco in the Superbowl only to go through those terrible 90's. Fell off a cliff once i became a fan.

Maybe i am the problem Wyche lol

But hey, Marv's gone, so there is that.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is, pretty crazy i became a Bengal fan when we played Frisco in the Superbowl only to go through those terrible 90's. Fell off a cliff once i became a fan.

Maybe i am the problem Wyche lol

But hey, Marv's gone, so there is that.

Nah man......the curse is Mike Brown.  That's all there is to it.....*maybe* a small percentage of Bo Jackson.... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:02 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Someone put up a cross outside the stadium we’ll do this the old school way it’ll really send a message

A shining beacon of accountability...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote