Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2ND HALF ADJUSTMENTS
I know we have complained over the last 2 years especially about lack of second half adjustments and lack of scoring and winning in the 2nd half. Well at least we are off to a great start after one game. We scored the last 24 points of the game, great job by the coaches and team in making the adjustments and plays to win the 2nd half. Lets hope this is more of a trend than a one game event.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I know we have complained over the last 2 years especially about lack of second half adjustments and lack of scoring and winning in the 2nd half. Well at least we are off to a great start after one game.  We scored the last 24 points of the game, great job by the coaches and team in making the adjustments and plays to win the 2nd half.  Lets hope this is more of a trend than a one game event.

This applauding the coaching staff will get very little traction, but yes, let's hope this continues.

BTW, it could have been much worse, we could have fired Marvin and hired this Detriot dude.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This applauding the coaching staff will get very little traction, but yes, let's hope this continues.

BTW, it could have been much worse, we could have fired Marvin and hired this Detriot dude.

Well im not just applauding the coaches.. the coaches don;t catch ball, make the tackles.. our players also have not made  enough keys plays over the last two years especially in the 2nd half.. so im applauding both
Reply/Quote
"Mixon said they made adjustments at the half that involved mixing up the inside and outside runs."

https://www.bengals.com/news/mixon-bengals-grind-for-win

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Obviously Marvin unveiled his secret fried chicken recipe.. Chicken, flour, salt and pepper and hot oil in a pan..  Amazing how that works, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This applauding the coaching staff will get very little traction, but yes, let's hope this continues.

Let’s wait more than one game to decide how Patrica will be as a HC...

It definitely could have been worse though, we could have Hue like all the rumors suggested was the plan. Wasn’t impressed with him one bit while watching Hard Knocks.

Reply/Quote
You could also see we started having a TE/RB in on passing downs to Andy's right backing up Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 03:54 AM)Joelist Wrote: You could also see we started having a TE/RB in on passing downs to Andy's right backing up Hart.

Which will have to be the game plan on every passing down this Thursday night.
Also have to give props to Lazor, for not going away from the running game when we were down.....
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 03:54 AM)Joelist Wrote: You could also see we started having a TE/RB in on passing downs to Andy's right backing up Hart.

I think that was the biggest adjustment made on offense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 08:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think that was the biggest adjustment made on offense.

That's not a hard adjustment to make.  My wife knows nothing about football and could see that dude (Hart) needed help!
Reply/Quote
Agree Essex.  It was refreshing to see those "journalistic jargons" come into play Sunday.  Also, as you noted, the players responded well to those adjustments and OWNED the 2nd half.  If they can continue the trend, we'll be a tough out for anyone in the league.  If we can manage to get up quickly on teams, they better watch out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This was probably the most refreshing thing about the win. We started out slow but ended the game the way winners do.

Been our biggest problem for years is lack of adjusting at Halftime. This gives me hope about winning a Playoff game finally.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 10:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I know we have complained over the last 2 years especially about lack of second half adjustments 

Last 2 years? We've been complaining about that for almost the entirety of the Merv era!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Last 2 years? We've been complaining about that for almost the entirety of the Merv era!

I did a thread researching the Bengals 2nd half flops history under ML and yes it's not just the last couple years. 

Having said that there's been a lot of changes this off season, out of the Bengal wheelhouse. Here's to hoping this change sticks to.

P.S. we still need more changes, RT for one.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I did a thread researching the Bengals 2nd half flops history under ML and yes it's not just the last couple years. 

Having said that there's been a lot of changes this off season, out of the Bengal wheelhouse. Here's to hoping this change sticks to.

P.S. we still need more changes, RT for one.

This just doesn't feel like the same old Bengals, does it?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Last 2 years? We've been complaining about that for almost the entirety of the Merv era!

the problem i had with that though during Green and Dalton time period is we actually were one the best teams to keep leads and when needed have 4th quarter comebacks during those first 5 years ..   we sometimes do what i call rinse and repeat as a fan as much as we argue coaches do the same in rinse and repeat and I don't believe that held water during Dalton and Green first 5 years. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: This just doesn't feel like the same old Bengals, does it?

Even since the FUBAR against the Squeelers my Bengal fandom of the ML/MB led Bengals has been under serious duress ! Not that I'm going to stop being a Bengals fan.

But yes the time after last season ended has just felt different. I still believe we're another year away but I have hope we can make some waves this season.

Here's to hoping  Cheers
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree Essex.  It was refreshing to see those "journalistic jargons" come into play Sunday.  Also, as you noted, the players responded well to those adjustments and OWNED the 2nd half.  If they can continue the trend, we'll be a tough out for anyone in the league.  If we can manage to get up quickly on teams, they better watch out.

There was a graphic during the game that stated we're 42-1-2 whenever we score 25+ points in games since the 2011 season.  Those 2 ties could have gone either way to 44-1 or 42-3, but either way 25+ seems to bode well for us ..or any other team for that matter. Only the Fins have a better % after 25+... Rename the team to the 25 pluses.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great adjustments and keeping a guy in there to help protect the right side. Something that has been missing for awhile.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Even since the FUBAR against the Squeelers my Bengal fandom of the ML/MB led Bengals has been under serious duress ! Not that I'm going to stop being a Bengals fan.

But yes the time after last season ended has just felt different. I still believe we're another year away but I have hope we can make some waves this season.

Here's to hoping  Cheers

I hear ya man.....I feel exactly as you do.  While I still believe the team is a year away from putting the entire puzzle together as you do, this past offseason, and even week 1 has me feeling better about the direction this team is headed.  I expect some lumps to be taken this season, but unless it's something utterly stupid, I'm not gonna sweat it too much.  The team just has a different feel to it....

(09-11-2018, 01:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: There was a graphic during the game that stated we're 42-1-2 whenever we score 25+ points in games since the 2011 season.  Those 2 ties could have gone either way to 44-1 or 42-3, but either way 25+ seems to bode well for us ..or any other team for that matter. Only the Fins have a better % after 25+... Rename the team to the 25 pluses.. 

I saw that stat too.  Here's to hoping that the offense continues to improve and doesn't have the errors it had Sunday to slow them down in the 1st half going forward.  We easily could have been closer to the Colts or actually had the lead at the half without the errors.

Reply/Quote