Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Half Recap/Analysis?
(09-30-2022, 10:22 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They weren't 3-0 with Teddy Bridgewater as the QB, though.

True, but Teddy hit a deep ball to Hill that Tua couldn't make. Having him as your backup is about as good as it gets in this league.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too! I was like yes, finally

And then  Sick the rest of the night.

I'm going to have to re-watch some tape, but I am wondering if Mixon might need to trust his blocking a bit more.   He's seems accustomed to getting the handoff and having to make someone miss immediately. 
Reply/Quote
Mixon just doesn't push the pile. On the TD his o-line did it for him. He gets stoned and doesn't fall forward on a lot of these plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:26 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I'm going to have to re-watch some tape, but I am wondering if Mixon might need to trust his blocking a bit more.   He's seems accustomed to getting the handoff and having to make someone miss immediately. 

Agree

Joe is a big part of the problem. Is he like Zac playcalling overthinking it? Like I can't trust the blocking I have to make something big happen? I dunno?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just found out in another thread that Mixon tweaked his ankle against the Jets. That explains a few things from last night where he just looked slow.

Yea, that explains how he got chased down and caught from behind on a play that he broke off away from the line to the right (sometime in the 1st half)  When that happened, I was like "WTF?"
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:34 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, that explains how he got chased down and caught from behind on a play that he broke off away from the line to the right (sometime in the 1st half)  When that happened, I was like "WTF?"

Yessir, I remember that play as well. There were a couple like that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:22 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They weren't 3-0 with Teddy Bridgewater as the QB, though.

It’s not like Tua was out there manhandling the Bengals. He had a few good throws, and a really good drive that sputtered inside the 5, but overall, Bridgewater may have looked better.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’s not like Tua was out there manhandling the Bengals. He had a few good throws, and a really good drive that sputtered inside the 5, but overall, Bridgewater may have looked better.

Yeah, people are overvaluing Tua because of his 4th quarter against the ravens. Outside of that 4th quarter he has something like 4 TDs and 3 INT. Not some amazing individual.

Of note- Ravens have 32nd ranked defense, so that will be interesting next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: On the radio they were saying that Chase and Boyd were double teamed with their best corner in single coverage on Higgins mostly. 

and Higgins Tee'd off on them. 

Underscores the importance of having 3 superb receivers.   That was a tough game against a very good secondary, though I think Howard was playing hurt.
Reply/Quote

We were beating them when Tua was in the game too so we essentially beat 2 QB’s. Doesn’t matter which one they had, we beat them both individually if you break down the score based on just the time both QB’s played.
Reply/Quote
Just saw some highlights.

Regarding the long pass to Boyd early in the 4th quarter...
I LOVE that they used PLAY-ACTION and then ROLLED THE POCKET to Burrow's right.
What a well-designed play!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: True, but Teddy hit a deep ball to Hill that Tua couldn't make. Having him as your backup is about as good as it gets in this league.

Unless you're the Saints and Jameis Winston wins your trust enough to become your starter, only to revert to what earned him a demotion to backup in the first place..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’s not like Tua was out there manhandling the Bengals. He had a few good throws, and a really good drive that sputtered inside the 5, but overall, Bridgewater may have looked better.

Right

I feel sorry for Tua! He never should have been out there. But yes it wasn't like he was setting us on fire.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:22 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: 4- Don’t agree with ZTs playcalling especially the 4th and 1 sweep. Again Mixon has clearly lost a step and the stretch/sweeps are not great for him. I did love  the aggrassive play to Chase late in the game. Was hoping he would dial up one aggressive call and it paid off.

Zac's play calling is horrible and everyone see's it but him. But Zac is not the reason Mixon is sucking right now. He's dancing too damn much and trying to finesse the holes instead of hitting them. 

(09-30-2022, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just found out in another thread that Mixon tweaked his ankle against the Jets. That explains a few things from last night where he just looked slow.

I can agree here. He looks slower and weaker. As for the ankle tweak, not sure I accept that as anything but a fallible excuse. he looked fine but just not getting it done.

Reply/Quote

(09-30-2022, 10:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’s not like Tua was out there manhandling the Bengals. He had a few good throws, and a really good drive that sputtered inside the 5, but overall, Bridgewater may have looked better.

(09-30-2022, 10:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, people are overvaluing Tua because of his 4th quarter against the ravens. Outside of that 4th quarter he has something like 4 TDs and 3 INT. Not some amazing individual.

Of note- Ravens have 32nd ranked defense, so that will be interesting next week.

Tua was 0/1 with a 52.7 rating and Teddy was 1/1 with an 84.1 rating.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote