Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Mock
Here's my 2nd mock using On The Clock with Matt Millers Rankings.

RD1 Pick 9
Reuben Foster, LB Alabama

***This is my pick. Fills an immediate need, and instantly upgrades our linebacking corps. If he's there at 9 and we don't pick him I'll boycott this whole draft.

RD2 Pick 41
Montravius Adams, DL Auburn

***Between him and Billings I think we have enough to let Peko go.

RD3 Pick 73
Pat Elflein, C OSU

*** Honestly I went with Elflein over Pocic here only because of Pat's versatility to play C/G. If for some reason we cant resign Zeitler, we could throw Pat at RG and suffer Bodine at Center for another year. Honestly I think a top priority in this draft is finding a replacement for Bodine.

RD4 Pick 114
Tarrell Basham OLB/DE, Ohio

***Ive seen some boards having him ranked as a 2nd rounder and some ranked as a 5th. Small school prospect, I think he falls to us in the 4th, but he can help with depth on the edges.

RD4 Pick 137
Josh Reynolds WR, Texas A&M

***Steady contributor for A&M, and can get late separation and win those contested balls.

RD4 Pick 144
Lorenzo Jerome S, Saint Francis

*** Another small school prospect who is generating a buzz. Needs to have a good combine to boost his stock.

RD5 Pick 154
Zach Banner OG, USC

***Versatile run blocker who could play tackle or move into guard

RD6 Pick 194
Donnel Pumphrey RB, San Diego St

***Ive seen a lot of people on here wanting him, so im pleasing the masses with this pick. Plus he adds insurance if Burkhead leaves.

RD6 Pick 218
Storm Norton OT, Toledo

***Two year starter at LT, for an offensive line that had one of the lowest sack counts in the country.

RD6 Pick 221
Jake Elliot K, Memphis

***Because Bullock wont be our kicker in 2017

RD7 Pick 230
Devonte Fields DE/OLB, Louisville

***Character problems but is a talented athlete. Id take him in the 4th round but he was there in the 7th.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 10:35 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Here's my 2nd mock using On The Clock with Matt Millers Rankings.

RD1 Pick 9
Reuben Foster, LB Alabama

***This is my pick. Fills an immediate need, and instantly upgrades our linebacking corps. If he's there at 9 and we don't pick him I'll boycott this whole draft.

RD2 Pick 41
Montravius Adams, DL Auburn

***Between him and Billings I think we have enough to let Peko go.

RD3 Pick 73
Pat Elflein, C OSU

*** Honestly I went with Elflein over Pocic here only because of Pat's versatility to play C/G. If for some reason we cant resign Zeitler, we could throw Pat at RG and suffer Bodine at Center for another year. Honestly I think a top priority in this draft is finding a replacement for Bodine.

RD4 Pick 114
Tarrell Basham OLB/DE, Ohio

***Ive seen some boards having him ranked as a 2nd rounder and some ranked as a 5th. Small school prospect, I think he falls to us in the 4th, but he can help with depth on the edges.

RD4 Pick 137
Josh Reynolds WR, Texas A&M

***Steady contributor for A&M, and can get late separation and win those contested balls.

RD4 Pick 144
Lorenzo Jerome S, Saint Francis

*** Another small school prospect who is generating a buzz. Needs to have a good combine to boost his stock.

RD5 Pick 154
Zach Banner OG, USC

***Versatile run blocker who could play tackle or move into guard

RD6 Pick 194
Donnel Pumphrey RB, San Diego St

***Ive seen a lot of people on here wanting him, so im pleasing the masses with this pick. Plus he adds insurance if Burkhead leaves.

RD6 Pick 218
Storm Norton OT, Toledo

***Two year starter at LT, for an offensive line that had one of the lowest sack counts in the country.

RD6 Pick 221
Jake Elliot K, Memphis

***Because Bullock wont be our kicker in 2017

RD7 Pick 230
Devonte Fields DE/OLB, Louisville

***Character problems but is a talented athlete. Id take him in the 4th round but he was there in the 7th.
great mock. Not  Fan of Foster but otherwise really good draft. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 06:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: great mock. Not  Fan of Foster but otherwise really good draft. 

He's an immediate upgrade at MLB, unless we slide Burfict inside, we don't have answer at MLB.
Reply/Quote
Pocic has versatility to play both OG and C too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 10:40 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's an immediate upgrade at MLB, unless we slide Burfict inside, we don't have answer at MLB.

We can get someone like mcmillan in the second. Foster isn't worth a number 9 pick. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: We can get someone like mcmillan in the second. Foster isn't worth a number 9 pick. 

Yes Foster is definitely worth the #9 pick. Just because he isn't an elite pass rushing DE/LB hybrid does not mean he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick. Your line of thinking results in reaching for a less talented player when a more talented player at a position of need is available 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes Foster is definitely worth the #9 pick. Just because he isn't an elite pass rushing DE/LB hybrid does not mean he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick. Your line of thinking results in reaching for a less talented player when a more talented player at a position of need is available 

1. It's not a position of need imo. We play 2 lb more than 70 percent of the time and vigil played really good. 2. If u watch his actual game film and not his highlights, you will see what I'm talking about. He relies on his athletic ability to help him out due to his insanely slow read/react time. Also plays hesitant a lot. If u don't know how to watch game film or what not just watch the voch Lombardi breakdown. He's not worth a first round pick imo. If he is its late 20s. 3. A second rounder in McMillan would be a steal not a reach. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 10:40 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's an immediate upgrade at MLB, unless we slide Burfict inside, we don't have answer at MLB.

Who is our middle linebacker?  Do we truly have one since we are playing nickel a majority of the time?  Does Foster really fit into the scheme?

(02-13-2017, 04:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes Foster is definitely worth the #9 pick. Just because he isn't an elite pass rushing DE/LB hybrid does not mean he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick. Your line of thinking results in reaching for a less talented player when a more talented player at a position of need is available 

I think the team has more pressing needs than LB>  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. It's not a position of need imo. We play 2 lb more than 70 percent of the time and vigil played really good. 2. If u watch his actual game film and not his highlights, you will see what I'm talking about. He relies on his athletic ability to help him out due to his insanely slow read/react time. Also plays hesitant a lot. If u don't know how to watch game film or what not just watch the voch Lombardi breakdown. He's not worth a first round pick imo. If he is its late 20s. 3. A second rounder in McMillan would be a steal not a reach. 

McMillan in the 2nd is far from a STEAL.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 08:29 PM)pulses Wrote: McMillan in the 2nd is far from a STEAL.

Agreed, McMillan in the back half of the 3rd is a good selection.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. It's not a position of need imo. We play 2 lb more than 70 percent of the time and vigil played really good. 2. If u watch his actual game film and not his highlights, you will see what I'm talking about. He relies on his athletic ability to help him out due to his insanely slow read/react time. Also plays hesitant a lot. If u don't know how to watch game film or what not just watch the voch Lombardi breakdown. He's not worth a first round pick imo. If he is its late 20s. 3. A second rounder in McMillan would be a steal not a reach. 

1. It is a position of need, we haven't had more than one good LB for years and it has always come back to bite us. 2 I've watched plenty of film on him, he is worth a top 10 pick without a doubt. 3. I love McMillan (buckeye fan) I've watched every snap he played in college and many from high school (because I follow both my college and pro teams far more than I should). He's a great player, very smart and tough, reminds me of burfict in that manner. Unfortunately we need some speed and coverage ability, and he doesn't begin to match up with Foster in those areas. He'd be a fine 2nd rounder, but Foster is a rare talent and future pro bowler. If he's still there at 9 and one of the top 2-3 rushers aren't, then he's got to be seriously considered. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who is our middle linebacker?  Do we truly have one since we are playing nickel a majority of the time?  Does Foster really fit into the scheme?

Yes Foster does fit. And just because it's not the MOST pressing need doesn't mean it should be off the table. If you only focus one your top need with each pick your draft will be nothing but reaches 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 08:29 PM)pulses Wrote: McMillan in the 2nd is far from a STEAL.

Yeah ur right he's not a steal shouldn't have said that but he's not a reach. He's late first early second right now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 10:14 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1. It is a position of need, we haven't had more than one good LB for years and it has always come back to bite us. 2 I've watched plenty of film on him, he is worth a top 10 pick without a doubt. 3. I love McMillan (buckeye fan) I've watched every snap he played in college and many from high school (because I follow both my college and pro teams far more than I should). He's a great player, very smart and tough, reminds me of burfict in that manner. Unfortunately we need some speed and coverage ability, and he doesn't begin to match up with Foster in those areas. He'd be a fine 2nd rounder, but Foster is a rare talent and future pro bowler. If he's still there at 9 and one of the top 2-3 rushers aren't, then he's got to be seriously considered. 

To me his tape is very inconsistent. When it's a running play he looks very hesitant at times and also he is very slow to react. I just don't think lb is a need at 9. We can have differing opinions it's what makes the board great. I like wr (Williams) and cb/safety at 9(only if it's lattimore bc I think he's the next revis/bailey). Thomas isn't great from a DE position and not a fan of Barnett so I think it comes down to foster, Williams, lattimore, hooker imo. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 11:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: To me his tape is very inconsistent. When it's a running play he looks very hesitant at times and also he is very slow to react. I just don't think lb is a need at 9. We can have differing opinions it's what makes the board great. I like wr (Williams) and cb/safety at 9(only if it's lattimore bc I think he's the next revis/bailey). Thomas isn't great from a DE position and not a fan of Barnett so I think it comes down to foster, Williams, lattimore, hooker imo. 

That we can agree on. I would love a great pass rusher at 9 but don't think there will be one on the board rated highly enough. I'd be thrilled with Foster, Williams, or Hooker (wouldn't care which one we picked if all were options). Love lattimore but having followed him pretty closely in college too, his hamstrings are a real concern for me. I know we could bring up injury questions for everyone, but his are real imo 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 11:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah ur right he's not a steal shouldn't have said that but he's not a reach. He's late first early second right now. 

I think people will be surprised who we pick at number 9.....if we don't trade back a few spots.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who is our middle linebacker?  Do we truly have one since we are playing nickel a majority of the time?  Does Foster really fit into the scheme?

Center or oline would be the only position id take over a linebacker at 9, but I don't see the value of taking a center at 9. Garrett will be gone, and Barnett or Thomas would be a reach in the top 10.
Reply/Quote
Nice mock! Really like most of the picks as there are starters mixed in with good depth.

PS. Foster is my number 1 choice for us as he fits one of our biggest needs and would help improve more than just the LB position.
Reply/Quote
Great respect for OP but I think we need an edge rusher more than anything else.

Love the second round pick.

Would love the OSU center in third round.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 04:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great respect for OP but I think we need an edge rusher more than anything else.

Love the second round pick.

Would love the OSU center in third round.

Hoping we get an extra second round pick so we can go edge rusher and center in second. Don't think elflien will  be there  by third. For me it's demarcus Walker/tanoh kpassagnon like Walker more though. And pat elflien.
Reply/Quote