Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Mock
(02-14-2017, 04:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great respect for OP but I think we need an edge rusher more than anything else.

Love the second round pick.

Would love the OSU center in third round.

Unless Garrett falls to us, I don't get a good feel for any of the other first round edge rushing prospects. Barnett and Thomas would both be reaches at 9. Those guys need to have stellar combines to sell me.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 10:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes Foster does fit. And just because it's not the MOST pressing need doesn't mean it should be off the table. If you only focus one your top need with each pick your draft will be nothing but reaches 

I never fill out my mock based on need, you never draft on need.  You always take the BPA IMO.

That being said, the most glaring needs on this team at this point in time (no free agents signed) are:

1.  Center (and it's not even close)
2.  Offensive Tackle
3.  Pass Rusher
4.  Offensive Guard

When you have a top 10 pick, you take the best player on the board or move back, you don't take a player based on need.
Reply/Quote
The only one that I'm not really crazy about is Adams. I think he has legit first round talent, but he has a lot of plays where he looks like he could not care less. Maybe he turns it on like Dunlap did or maybe he is another Jerel Worthy and he just bounces around for a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: We can get someone like mcmillan in the second. Foster isn't worth a number 9 pick. 

I'm with this...not a big fan of Foster at all...I'm surprised he is projected as a top 10 pick.  From what I saw, he rarely made plays when his line didn't win, big-time.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote