Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Round: D Line, interior O-line, or CB?
(12-06-2020, 12:52 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals do trade back I expect it's because they are targeting Gregory Rousseau. 

Daviyon Nixon is exploding into the spotlight this year. He is the most disruptive IDL in college football but even if he declares he only has the one year starting. I'm working on my December mock and have him at 35. Spoiler Alert lol.

Looking forward to the mock and insight. 

Our boy Nixon was in the opponent's backfield again yesterday. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Opting out really isn't any different than a year off due to injury. Except that you don't have a repaired body part, starting out. 

Unless you consider heart a body part. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless you consider heart a body part. 

Is opting out really any different than declaring early?
Reply/Quote
Hard to say what you do in round 2 this early, but you always go BPA.

Would you take Josh Jones over Tee Higgins last year?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless you consider heart a body part. 

What about the brain? Cause the kids that opted out definitely used that.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What about the brain? Cause the kids that opted out definitely used that.

They definitely put themselves over their teammates. I guess that's wise. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They definitely put themselves over their teammates. I guess that's wise. 

It’s a game. People are dying out there.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a game. People are dying out there.

You got your A for the day in drama class. There's no outbreak of college football player dying from Covid. The constant testing and protocols make it quire safe. 

Obviously you don't see it as a negative, I do. Much like when a prospect sits out a Bowl game. As I said: It doesn't make me take someone off the wish list, but it is a factor I consider. 

Reply/Quote
Right now patrick jones is projected as late 1st / early 2nd rounder...if he were there he's the pick. Sadly by the time draft rolls around I think he will end up going top 20 / early 20's. I'd love to be able to get him in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t mind replacing one Carlos with another (Basham). We did pretty well with our last Wake Forest pick.

There's a lot to like about Carlos Basham Jr. He has size that he can play 3-4 DE when the Bengals are in that formation along with playing 4-3 DE.
He is well-rounded, contributing well to the run game as well as the pass rush.
With that said, there are probably a handful of other guys expected in the same range that I think offer a better pure pass rush ceiling than what Basham offers.
So if you want a solid starter who will be good stuffing the run and rushing the passer, go Basham. But if you want a potentially more elite pure pass rusher, you may want to go with someone else.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We will need a boundary corner if William Jackson leaves, and badly. The FA class is meh. The guys on the roster like Phillips and Alexander (if they bring him back) are slot guys. I think they may be forced into taking a CB by necessity. Wade is falling around where we pick in mocks. I don't love him, and he's probably a slot guy, too.

Ugh. We might be SOL here. Jackson is going to get bank from someone due to the need for corners league-wide. We're going to pay through the nose if we are forced to re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:42 PM)samhain Wrote: We will need a boundary corner if William Jackson leaves, and badly. The FA class is meh. The guys on the roster like Phillips and Alexander (if they bring him back) are slot guys. I think they may be forced into taking a CB by necessity. Wade is falling around where we pick in mocks. I don't love him, and he's probably a slot guy, too.

Ugh. We might be SOL here. Jackson is going to get bank from someone due to the need for corners league-wide. We're going to pay through the nose if we are forced to re-sign him.

That Waynes contract is going to come back to bite us. We’ll either have a huge amount of money tied up in 2 CB’s, or have to draft one early.

Reply/Quote
Mentioned this in GenPop, and I know there will be haters, but OSU guard Wyatt Davis (beast) if he falls and if not center Josh Myers. Give me Sewell and one of them and I'll be thrilled.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 02:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think WR or TE should be off the table in the 2nd, but out of the positions in the OP I’d prefer a pass rusher.

Depends what happens with WJ3 though. If he walks CB becomes a big need, but pass rush is already a big need.

I would prefer to address IOL in FA.

I've got my eye on Zaven Collins out of Tulsa. I know he's an LB, but he'd be great to replace Bynes. Plus, he's guy you can line up anywhere on the field. I've seen tape of him playing more of an edge role for Tulsa. He can rush the passer. And he's great in coverage.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 05:56 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I've got my eye on Zaven Collins out of Tulsa. I know he's an LB, but he'd be great to replace Bynes. Plus, he's guy you can line up anywhere on the field. I've seen tape of him playing more of an edge role for Tulsa. He can rush the passer. And he's great in coverage.

I’ll have to check him out when they play UC this weekend.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 06:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll have to check him out when they play UC this weekend.

I’ve heard Zaven being the best player on defense all year in college. I’d love to see him fall to the 2nd but I don’t see that being a thing.

I’ve been going Sewell/Humphrey in my first 2 picks. I was a really good/great offensive line and I think Humphrey is an immediate upgrade to Hopkins. His intelligence is off tge charts and he used to be a wrestler. He loves moving nose tackles off there points. Great at picking up blitzes and calling out the MIKE. He’s a left handed snapper though so Burrow would need to adjust to the different spin he puts on the ball.

I’d love that addition.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 11:49 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ve heard Zaven being the best player on defense all year in college. I’d love to see him fall to the 2nd but I don’t see that being a thing.

I’ve been going Sewell/Humphrey in my first 2 picks. I was a really good/great offensive line and I think Humphrey is an immediate upgrade to Hopkins. His intelligence is off tge charts and he used to be a wrestler. He loves moving nose tackles off there points. Great at picking up blitzes and calling out the MIKE. He’s a left handed snapper though so Burrow would need to adjust to the different spin he puts on the ball.

I’d love that addition.

Yeah, I'm with IOL as well.  Best available, guard or center. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 07:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: OL, DL, OL, DL, OL, DL, OL...

it all hinges on what they do in FA again...hopefully MB isnt gunshy now after all the injuries to the FAs signed this yr.
But at face value...heavy dose of O Line, D line/edge, + TE, CB   
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 02:52 PM)Synric Wrote: While they need a lot of areas but Defensive Line is a huge problem right now and the front makes the back-end look better.

This looks like a good year for second and third round defensive linemen.

I view this as a bigger area of weakness than the offensive line, assuming they get Sewell.  I would consider going DT in Rd 2 and Rd 3 if the talent is there.  Washington is a competitive team right now, not just because of Chase Young, but the beasts in the middle of that line from Alabama.  

I want two young studs to surround Reader, and hopefully Wren or Tupou comes back and is a force at NT.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looking forward to the mock and insight. 

Our boy Nixon was in the opponent's backfield again yesterday. 

Dayvion Nixon is now getting top 20 talks lol. We knew he wouldn't stay off people's radar for long...He just reminds me so much of Quinnen Williams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote