Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Round WRs
Say we take all the guess work out of Rd1, and take Sewell. Who are the top prospect WRs in rd 2? Marshall, Bateman, ????

Is Rondale Moore, from Purdue, a good 2nd round wr to look at?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 02:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Say we take all the guess work out of Rd1, and take Sewell.  Who are the top prospect WRs in rd 2?  Marshall, Bateman, ????

Is Rondale Moore, from Purdue, a good 2nd round wr to look at?

Marshall might still be there.. im thinking Moore is gone by our pick.. but I like both.. Wallace from Okla. State as possible picks with 2nd round
Reply/Quote
I'm tracking the major Big Boards (PFF, PFN, TDN, NFLN, Kiper, McShay). As of March 27, the following guys were slated to possibly go in the second round:

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota. Average rank #22. RAS 9.13. 6' 190, 4.39. Primarily outside, with some experience in the slot.

Rondale Moore, Florida. Average rank #28. RAS 9.32. 5'7 181, 4.32. Slot. Some return experience.

Kadarius Toney, Florida. Average rank #31. RAS 9. 6' 190, 4.38. Slot. Return guy.

Terrace Marshall Jr, LSU. Average rank #38. RAS 9.94. 6'3 205, 4.38. Primarily in the slot, but also outside.

Elijah Moore, Ole Miss. Average rank #52. RAS 8.67. 5'9 178, 4.35. Slot. Return guy in 2018/9, not so much in 2020.

Dyami Brown, South Carolina. Average rank #63. RAS 8.41. 6' 189, 4.46. Primarily outside.

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State. Average rank #64. RAS 5.21. 5'11 194, 4.48. Outside.

Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC. Average rank #69. RAS 7.13. 5'11 197, 4.61. Slot. Return guy.

-

Then there's another group starting in the ~fourth.
Reply/Quote
The WRs that have a chance to be there at 38 that are arguably worth the selection are:
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr
Rashod Bateman
Dyami Brown
Elijah Moore
Rondale Moore
Amon-Ra St. Brown

Toney, Marshall and Bateman get some occasional first round hype, so they are least likely to be there, but Brown, the Moores and St. Brown are likely going to be available.

Among the four most likely to be there, I personally like Brown the most, followed by St. Brown. I don't think we'd draft either Elijah or Rondale Moore. They are probably restricted to the slot and, while they are fast, they are both under 5'9". The Bengals never draft small receivers like that.

Brown, on the other hand is 6'1" 190lb, so similar to Chad Johnson (or at least what he was listed at. Chad says he played in the 170s in defense of Devonta Smith recently) and still ran a 4.46. Obviously, not as prolific as the Moores, who ran in the 4.3 range, but fast enough to be a deep threat for this offense. Plus, Chris Simms loves the guy's tape. Says he is a legitimate deep threat in the NFL.

St. Brown is a little trickier and is someone I may consider more seriously in the later 2nd round or early 3rd round. He had a rough 2020, in which it looks like he regressed from his 2019 tape, in which he looked like everything we need in a WR. He is also the right size, measuring in at 5'11" 197lb. Our cut off is historically 6'0", but 5'11" is close enough, I think (cue the dating app jokes). He ran a 4.51 but he looks like a deep threat on tape.

I personally like the 2nd round OTs better than I like the 2nd round WRs, but it all depends on evaluation. If the Bengals think Brown is worth a 2nd round pick and fills their needs at WR, I could definitely see them going Sewell - Brown. If they have their reservations about 2nd round WRs like many of us do, then they may go Chase - Leatherwood.

It's going to be an exciting weekend :)
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 03:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The WRs that have a chance to be there at 38 that are arguably worth the selection are:
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr
Rashod Bateman
Dyami Brown
Elijah Moore
Rondale Moore
Amon-Ra St. Brown

Toney, Marshall and Bateman get some occasional first round hype, so they are least likely to be there, but Brown, the Moores and St. Brown are likely going to be available.

Among the four most likely to be there, I personally like Brown the most, followed by St. Brown. I don't think we'd draft either Elijah or Rondale Moore. They are probably restricted to the slot and, while they are fast, they are both under 5'9". The Bengals never draft small receivers like that.

Brown, on the other hand is 6'1" 190lb, so similar to Chad Johnson (or at least what he was listed at. Chad says he played in the 170s in defense of Devonta Smith recently) and still ran a 4.46. Obviously, not as prolific as the Moores, who ran in the 4.3 range, but fast enough to be a deep threat for this offense. Plus, Chris Simms loves the guy's tape. Says he is a legitimate deep threat in the NFL.

St. Brown is a little trickier and is someone I may consider more seriously in the later 2nd round or early 3rd round. He had a rough 2020, in which it looks like he regressed from his 2019 tape, in which he looked like everything we need in a WR. He is also the right size, measuring in at 5'11" 197lb. Our cut off is historically 6'0", but 5'11" is close enough, I think (cue the dating app jokes). He ran a 4.51 but he looks like a deep threat on tape.

I personally like the 2nd round OTs better than I like the 2nd round WRs, but it all depends on evaluation. If the Bengals think Brown is worth a 2nd round pick and fills their needs at WR, I could definitely see them going Sewell - Brown. If they have their reservations about 2nd round WRs like many of us do, then they may go Chase - Leatherwood.

I'd take Wallace over Rondale Moore and Brown in a heartbeat. I'm not sure why Wallace isn't getting much love on these boards. And don't say it's because he played in an air raid offense because they run the ball A LOT and can actually run ROUTES unlike a lot of others in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 03:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The WRs that have a chance to be there at 38 that are arguably worth the selection are:
Kadarius Toney
Terrace Marshall Jr
Rashod Bateman
Dyami Brown
Elijah Moore
Rondale Moore
Amon-Ra St. Brown

I am a big fan of St. Brown if we go Sewell. He projects as a Z and slot, so we could be flexible with Boyd and St. Brown. I would prefer Boyd in the slot and St. Brown at the Z. Crisp routes, strong hands and good acceleration.
Reply/Quote
I cooled on Bateman for some reason. Then saw his pro day the other day and went and watched some clips of him.

If we do what we did last year and just stand pat and make no trades. Sewell in 1 and Bateman in 2 would be super legit.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 12:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cooled on Bateman for some reason. Then saw his pro day the other day and went and watched some clips of him.

If we do what we did last year and just stand pat and make no trades. Sewell in 1 and Bateman in 2 would be super legit.

If Sewell is 1, then Bateman is the guy i really want in 2 but i don't know that he'll be there now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bateman and nico Collins are my 2 receivers in the 2nd
Reply/Quote