Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Round of Playoffs We Go To Buffalo
If we take care of business and beat Baltimore twice and Buffalo beats the Pats then the Steelers/Dolphins. We are going to Buffalo. Chiefs get winner of Jags vs Chargers. Am I looking at this right?

I don't remember reading about a coin flip for the 2nd round game site?
Reply/Quote
Yes. If Buffalo beats New England, they are locked into the 2, and the Bengals are locked into the 3. They'd meet in the divisional round in Buffalo if both win their WC games.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't seem fair to me, should have been a neutral site imo. Rest assured, you guys would have a warm welcome in Buffalo. Too bad it didn't work out where Chiefs had to play both of us because we know that wouldn't have worked out too well for them
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we take care of business and beat Baltimore twice and Buffalo beats the Pats then the Steelers/Dolphins. We are going to Buffalo. Chiefs get winner of Jags vs Chargers. Am I looking at this right?

If we beat the Ravens twice and Buffalo first beats the Pats and NY beats Miami.

2nd seed Buffalo hosts the 7th seed Steelers in Wild Card round.

Would you root for the Steelers? Because if they won,  we would host the Divisional round against the winner of the Chargers vs Jags wildcard game. 

It would be Divisional Round -- 2nd Round

7th seed Pitt at 1st seed KC
4th/5th seed Jags at 3rd seed Cincy

Hmm
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 03:36 AM)kdiggz Wrote: Doesn't seem fair to me, should have been a neutral site imo. Rest assured, you guys would have a warm welcome in Buffalo. Too bad it didn't work out where Chiefs had to play both of us because we know that wouldn't have worked out too well for them

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Chiefs will end up facing neither of our teams, because Herbert and the Chargers could expose their defense in the divisional round.
Reply/Quote
We match up well against both the Bills and the Chiefs. I hope we have good games and the refs don't screw us.
Of all the playoff teams from AFC and NFC, I think we will have serious problems with the Chargers, 49rs and Cowboys (and to a certain degree the Pats but we beat them once so I'm not really worry). We always have problems with elite edge rushers and don't have enough information how Adenji will adjust with the O line.
Also we should take the Ravens in the playoff serious because division rival game is flukey.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we take care of business and beat Baltimore twice and Buffalo beats the Pats then the Steelers/Dolphins. We are going to Buffalo. Chiefs get winner of Jags vs Chargers. Am I looking at this right?

Exactly what I kept looking for in all of the scenarios laid out by the NFL. I noticed it did not address the divisional round, which likely ends up with the Bengals going to Buff. This is the exact game which ultimately should be played on a neutral site. The Bengals got downright hosed. I hope they absolutely storm the playoffs with their hair on fire. I don't think I have ever seen a Bengals offense make things look as seamless as they did in that 1st quarter against the Bills Monday night. My only hope is they carry that forward. It is the Bengals vs the NFL for the '23 Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 03:36 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If we beat the Ravens twice and Buffalo first beats the Pats and NY beats Miami.

Would you root for the Steelers? Because if they won,  we would host the Divisional round against the winner of the Chargers vs Jags wildcard game. 

Hmm

Still a no 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember the days when we never even discussed the divisional round because we were so concerned about just getting out of the wild card? Yes we could get upset in WC, but the fact that we are discussing Divisional and beyond is a good sign of this franchise.
Reply/Quote
We are defending AFC champs. Doing it again, beat all AFC teams who come at us. We are the best in the AFC no matter who and where.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 04:00 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I have a sneaking suspicion that the Chiefs will end up facing neither of our teams, because Herbert and the Chargers could expose their defense in the divisional round.

Then we end up hosting afccg and all is well 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 03:36 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If we beat the Ravens twice and Buffalo first beats the Pats and NY beats Miami.

Hmm

If the Steelers sneak in they will get rolled just like last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 03:36 AM)kdiggz Wrote: Doesn't seem fair to me, should have been a neutral site imo. Rest assured, you guys would have a warm welcome in Buffalo. Too bad it didn't work out where Chiefs had to play both of us because we know that wouldn't have worked out too well for them

Yeah I didn't think it was fair either. Playing Josh Allen in the playoffs is not something I would forward to and especially not in Buffalo. Hopefully someone upsets KC so if Buffalo and Cincy do meet whoever wins gets another home game.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:29 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I didn't think it was fair either. Playing Josh Allen in the playoffs is not something I would forward to and especially not in Buffalo. Hopefully someone upsets KC so if Buffalo and Cincy do meet whoever wins gets another home game.

Playing Bills in Buffalo, with that amped up crowd and extra support for Damar- will be the toughest stadium to play at all year, for any team.

I think it will be human nature for even 1 or 2 refs to give a couple calls their way throughout the playoffs. Playoff time, games come down to a couple plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 04:00 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I have a sneaking suspicion that the Chiefs will end up facing neither of our teams, because Herbert and the Chargers could expose their defense in the divisional round.

Chargers got everyone healthy at the right time, gonna be a tough out
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:55 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Playing Bills in Buffalo, with that amped up crowd and extra support for Damar- will be the toughest stadium to play at all year, for any team.

I think it will be human nature for even 1 or 2 refs to give a couple calls their way throughout the playoffs. Playoff time, games come down to a couple plays.

Yeah it was such a tragic scene last Monday night that game couldn't continue and I'm glad he's recovering so quickly. Just sucks because that was the Bengals chance to move that game to cincy and that may be the difference in going home or advancing. At least it's not the 1st playoff game in Buffalo but I'm sure it will still be electric if it ends up happening. You are right I think in the playoffs with teams being so good the bounce of the ball or a call or two can make all the difference. Or being in Buffalo maybe even an errant snowball.
Reply/Quote
Idc when we play who

Iv already accepted we are going to have to go through Buffalo and the Chiefs to get back to the big game so when you’ve been mentally preparing for those guys, i don’t think you can be afraid of anyone.

It also had to be said that Buffalo looked overmatched in that 1st quarter. We just looked bigger and faster
-Housh
Reply/Quote

It is not. There should be a neutral site/coin flip situation for a Bills/Bengals game. It being the most obvious and direct game where the no contest impacts the seeding.  But the NFL wanted to punish the teams for not finishing the game. They cannot punish you guys for it because of how bad it would look, so they went after us instead. Only explanation that makes sense. 

Classy of you to stop by and say so, though. Kudos! 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:07 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Exactly what I kept looking for in all of the scenarios laid out by the NFL. I noticed it did not address the divisional round, which likely ends up with the Bengals going to Buff. This is the exact game which ultimately should be played on a neutral site. The Bengals got downright hosed. I hope they absolutely storm the playoffs with their hair on fire. I don't think I have ever seen a Bengals offense make things look as seamless as they did in that 1st quarter against the Bills Monday night. My only hope is they carry that forward. It is the Bengals vs the NFL for the '23 Playoffs.

If Tua is healthy, the Dolphins can give the Bills a run. They beat them once and almost twice (in nasty weather the 2nd time). 
Reply/Quote

Hmm

No way I'd root for the Stools....
Reply/Quote