Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd and 1
Not sure what is was yesterday but think it was like 5 times we were in 2nd and 1. It was not good when we were in this position either. I know we won 41-17 but have to bark about something lol. Each play on 2nd and 1 we were stuffed. And I’m pretty sure Ravens knew exactly what we were doing in this situation. We take chase, Boyd, and Higgins out and put Uzomah, Sample, Prince, and Auden Tate into the game. No risk of us doing anything but run. 2nd and 1 the playbook should be wide wide open. Shouldn’t be sneaking the QB to maybe get the yard needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:29 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Not sure what is was yesterday but think it was like 5 times we were in 2nd and 1. It was not good when we were in this position either. I know we won 41-17 but have to bark about something lol. Each play on 2nd and 1 we were stuffed. And I’m pretty sure Ravens knew exactly what we were doing in this situation. We take chase, Boyd, and Higgins out and put Uzomah, Sample, Prince, and Auden Tate into the game. No risk of us doing anything but run. 2nd and 1 the playbook should be wide wide open. Shouldn’t be sneaking the QB to maybe get the yard needed.

You sure?

WTS, the mentality should be: We can get 1 yard even when the D knows what we're doing. I hope it's something they work on. Maybe go back to the DT lead block:
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure wouldn't mind seeing Play Action in these situations at times. It is a predictable set but I understand putting in
your blockers and just getting the first on 2nd and short, but it didn't work so need to be less predictable and not take
out your weapons in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:29 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Not sure what is was yesterday but think it was like 5 times we were in 2nd and 1. It was not good when we were in this position either. I know we won 41-17 but have to bark about something lol. Each play on 2nd and 1 we were stuffed. And I’m pretty sure Ravens knew exactly what we were doing in this situation. We take chase, Boyd, and Higgins out and put Uzomah, Sample, Prince, and Auden Tate into the game. No risk of us doing anything but run. 2nd and 1 the playbook should be wide wide open. Shouldn’t be sneaking the QB to maybe get the yard needed.

2nd and 1 twice.

Converted 1 (on 4th down) and punted on the other.

Easy with the hyperbole.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202110240rav.htm

As Bfine said (and I said yesterday), if you execute correctly, nobody is even mentioning it today.

Work on execution, as that is more important.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind running it 2nd and 1 but the QB sneak at 2nd at 1 was absolutely horrible.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

No, it's actually a made up phrase that get's repeated again and again because people think it sounds cool. Sorry it's one of my major pet peeves, mainly because it isn't actually true factually but also it's not true in every day life.

To the thread, 2nd and 1 is where you take a shot downfield. I would have liked to see more shot plays in the situation but I also would have been okay with checks to smoke screens and let Chase attempt to make a man miss.
Reply/Quote
2nd and 1 is perfect for a jet motion handoff.
Tate could have took that for a easy 1st down.
Reply/Quote

I personally would like to attack on 2nd and 1 situations. But I don't hate just trying to run and get the 1st either. We just need to keep evaluating what works. I would also just take QB sneak off the table for the time being it isn't working and it's probably one of the top plays I don't like asking Burrow to do with his knee.
Reply/Quote

Surprised Joe did not auible at times, also we passed on a few 3 and shorts was not all runs 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So far this year Mixon has converted a first down on 5 of 6 carries on 2nd and 1.

We have also attempted a pass play 4 times on 2nd and 1.

So what is your point?
Reply/Quote
On 3rd and 1 we have called 10 pass plays and ran the ball 11 times.

Burrow has thrown for 3 first downs and 3 tds. But we have only converted 3 times running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, it's actually a made up phrase that get's repeated again and again because people think it sounds cool. Sorry it's one of my major pet peeves, mainly because it isn't actually true factually but also it's not true in every day life.

To the thread, 2nd and 1 is where you take a shot downfield. I would have liked to see more shot plays in the situation but I also would have been okay with checks to smoke screens and let Chase attempt to make a man miss.
I actually think you will see something down field later out of that package. I might be when we need something big to happen.
Reply/Quote
Mixon's 40 yard TD reception was on a 4th and 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You sure?

WTS, the mentality should be: We can get 1 yard even when the D knows what we're doing. I hope it's something they work on. Maybe go back to the DT lead block:

Tyler Shelvin coming through!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You sure?

Peko crushing people on lead blocks was a sight to behold

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tyler Shelvin coming through!!!!

Would love to see this! Cool
Reply/Quote