Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd half defense
Deserve their own thread. Just outstanding.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Deserve their own thread. Just outstanding.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

Incredible!! Congratulations Bengals fans!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I have no words for what they've pulled off this offseason.

Mahomes was absolutely destroying them in the first half. No answer to it. But that's an all-time elite offence they have.

Defence in the most critical of times, gets two crucial turnovers and limits them to 3 points across a half and a drive.

I believe in Burrow, but defence won this game for us. And we've rode the defence through this postseason. Unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
I really thought the offense was gonna have to win this game. The 1st half really cemented that and I really thought we dug ourselves into too big of a hole. This defense probably played the greatest 2nd half I've ever seen with how big of a stage this was.
Reply/Quote
6 total 2nd half points to the bad guys in both games!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Don't let Lou leave.

I said before the game that Defense was going to be the difference. The Chiefs played damn good Defense all game long
but our Defense is much better as a whole and we fight for everyone on the team. Our D sucked in the first half letting the
Chiefs do what they wanted, the Defensive 2nd half adjustments were amazing and the reason we won and are going to the
Superbowl. Congrats to Lou Anarumo and the 2nd half Defense.

You just cannot ever count our guys out. Our Offense with Burrow when he is protected is the best and our Defense is
opportunistic and will never give up. MAD HEART!!!

MAD HEART. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Lou is THE man!!!!!!! I was hoping they would come out and play like they did before in the 2nd half against the Chiefs and boy did he ever come through again.
Reply/Quote
After Apple missed that INT, I was beginning to have a flashback of Billups 30 yrs ago... but thankfully that was put in the shelf in my mind on the next play.
Reply/Quote
Just like the first matchup with KC

Defense stepped up HUGE in the 2nd half
Reply/Quote
If defense wins championships, well then hey! Cool We good because WE DEY!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Someone tell Lou he can call the 2nd half defense against the Chiefs in the first half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone tell Lou he can call the 2nd half defense against the Chiefs in the first half.

I had to chuckle, but I concur. Let Lou be brilliant in both the first and second half during the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:03 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: After Apple missed that INT, I was beginning to have a flashback of Billups 30 yrs ago... but thankfully that was put in the shelf in my mind on the next play.

Lol same here announcers even brought it up.

Idk why Lou came out playing soft zones in the 1st half of both games then switched to tight man to man for most of 2nd half both games but he must know something I don't because it worked. For the life of me I cant explain why after doing it the 2nd half of week 17 holding em to 3 he didn't come out today and play it early or at least after the 2nd drive but he switched at the half and shut em down again. 

How big was that Eli Apple tackle right before the half. The td by perine then holding them to 0 there changed the Bengals whole energy. You could see the Bengals players get hype after and that energy and the switch on defensive calls in 2nd half brought it home. 

Perine needs to get his shit together. Had a nice td on the screen but he screwed up at least 2 routes today. 1 on a screen he went to the wrong side and another on a throw to Sample he ran the wrong route. He was the underneath dump off on the play and he was right by sample which brought another defender to sample burrow wasn't expecting to be there. Then last week he let that ball hit his hands for a pick that almost cost the game. Not gonna lie on his td I saw mixon running off and him running on and I got a little mad and said man get his ass off the field then he scored lol. He still needs to get  his shit together, can't have those mistakes 2 weeks from now.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:54 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I have no words for what they've pulled off this offseason.

Mahomes was absolutely destroying them in the first half. No answer to it. But that's an all-time elite offence they have.

Defence in the most critical of times, gets two crucial turnovers and limits them to 3 points across a half and a drive.

I believe in Burrow, but defence won this game for us. And we've rode the defence through this postseason. Unbelievable.

Amen !!

I need to eat crow bc I asked for Lou’s head in the 1st half
Reply/Quote
I thought our offense gave us a chance to go deep in the playoffs. Never in my wildest dreams thought our defense would play like this.

Turnovers can be a lot about luck, but we shut down the Chiefs the entire second half and overtime.

Unbelievable!
Reply/Quote
The second half defense had to be the most shocking part of this whole entire game.I don’t know if I ever remember such a stark contrast in defensive play from one half of football to the next.I don’t think Mahomes even knew what to make
Of it.It’s not easy to rattle Mahomes,but he may have been temporarily rattled a little bit there when it came down to crunch time.
Reply/Quote
I thought the defense adjusted at some point to the fact the referees were not calling defensive holding on the receivers. After the Chiefs got away with several key holds, the Bengals defense seemed to learn and I could see several defensive holding plays they also got away with, including one in the end zone at the end of the first half. I honestly did not think they would adjust, given they were the least penalized team in the NFL, but they did learn.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: I thought the defense adjusted at some point to the fact the referees were not calling defensive holding on the receivers. After the Chiefs got away with several key holds, the Bengals defense seemed to learn and I could see several defensive holding plays they also got away with, including one in the end zone at the end of the first half. I honestly did not think they would adjust, given they were the least penalized team in the NFL, but they did learn.

Absolutely, KC is known as being the most handsy team in the league paired up with the crew that threw the least amount of defensive holding calls and being the AFC championship they had to get out of that soft zone bs because being in it didn't give them an opportunity to get their hands on KC recievers. Same adjustment they made in week 17 when they shut em down in the 2nd half. When this defense is being aggressive playing man up they're a very good defense, they showed that whole year pretty much. Had lapses at times mostly when they were in zones and not getting pressure with front 4. If you can't get to the qb with 4 quickly zone defense is gonna get shredded. These playoff games when they played man and aggressive they've been great. All 3 games the defense stepped up. Their 2nd half and ot performance today was nothing short of outstanding.
Reply/Quote