Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd half points
Anyone know how many the Bengals have scored?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
we have zero, zilch, notta half time adjustments and get killed every second half.......

this is all on Marvin, happens every year and every game!!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: we have zero, zilch, notta half time adjustments and get killed every second half.......

I believe that’s just journalistic jargon right there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: we have zero, zilch, notta half time adjustments and get killed every second half.......

They can't adjust because the offensive line can't block. Seriously what adjustments could they make?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They can't adjust because the offensive line can't block. Seriously what adjustments could they make?

This isn't just this year.....remember when San Diego put up 42 on us in the second half?  This has gone on forever......Look at Marvin second half in his years here in Cincy.......we get beat like a red headed step child
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

The defense adjusted
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
2nd half points:

Game:
Bal = 0
Hou = 3
GB = 3
Cle = 10
Buf = 10
Pit = 0

Total of 26 points in 12 quarters
2.2 points per quarter
which would be 8.8 points per "game"

The last place offense in the NFL is currently Miami with 12.2 points per game
So...basically our 2nd half scoring is operating at 72% of the worst offense in the NFL.

(I didn't double check this, so I could be wrong)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 2nd half points:

Game:
Bal = 0
Hou = 3
GB = 3
Cle = 10
Buf = 10
Pit = 0

Total of 26 points in 12 quarters
2.2 points per quarter
which would be 8.8 points per "game"

The last place offense in the NFL is currently Miami with 12.2 points per game
So...basically our 2nd half scoring is operating at 72% of the worst offense in the NFL.  

(I didn't double check this, so I could be wrong)

True Story, why do sooooo many on here not believe

#ITSMARVINSFAULT
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)corpjet Wrote: True Story, why do sooooo many on here not believe

#ITSMARVINSFAULT

Denial is not just a river in Egypt  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They can't adjust because the offensive line can't block. Seriously what adjustments could they make?

Change personnel, two TE sets, extra OT, lead fullback to improve run game and I’m not even a coach making six figures.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are averaging scoring 6.7 second half points against the steelers in the last seven regular season games !

Add in the 16 fourth quarter points in the playoff game and it goes up to 7.8 second half points.

Take out one complete garbage TD at the end of the Dec. 13th 2015 game - Steelers were up 33-13 and we scored a TD with 1:03 left. And a very near garbage TD near the end of the Sept. 18th 2016 game - Steelers were up 24-9 and we scored a TD with 3:25 left.

And the average drops to 4.7 !

We've been shut completely out in the 2nd half in the last two games. And scored 7 points or less in 4 of the last 7 games in the 2nd half.

The Steelers have totally owned us after halftime. TOTALLY
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Change personnel, two TE sets, extra OT, lead fullback to improve run game and I’m not even a coach making six figures.
No run Jeremy Hill up the middle, throw to Lafell more than Aj, bench your best runner Mixon for darn near the entire second half, yeah that will get a win Hilarious . These coaches are comedy! I'm still waiting for Gio and Mixon to be on the field at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)corpjet Wrote: True Story, why do sooooo many on here not believe

#ITSMARVINSFAULT

Marvin absolutely killed are momentum at the end of the first half by not being aggressive, down 17 to 14 with around 2 minutes left we ran three passive 1 or 2 yard plays, why? Marvin was content with going into the half only down 3 ( loser mentality), Pittsburgh gets the ball 25 yard down field plays why? Thomlin not content going into the half only up 3 (winners mentality).
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:06 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Marvin absolutely killed are momentum at the end of the first half by not being aggressive, down 17 to 14 with around 2 minutes left we ran three passive 1 or 2 yard plays, why? Marvin was content with going into the half only down 3 ( loser mentality), Pittsburgh gets the ball 25 yard down field plays why? Thomlin not content going into the half only up 3 (winners mentality).

The last couple minutes of the first half is where the game hinged.

Staple of ML coached Bengals in big games.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Change personnel, two TE sets, extra OT, lead fullback to improve run game and I’m not even a coach making six figures.

The coach makes seven figures...big difference.  And a huge waste of money...
Reply/Quote
After they tied the game at 14 all, we managed only 19 yards on 23 plays. Disgraceful
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The coach makes seven figures...big difference.  And a huge waste of money...

I was referring to the coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:06 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Marvin absolutely killed are momentum at the end of the first half by not being aggressive, down 17 to 14 with around 2 minutes left we ran three passive 1 or 2 yard plays, why? Marvin was content with going into the half only down 3 ( loser mentality), Pittsburgh gets the ball 25 yard down field plays why? Thomlin not content going into the half only up 3 (winners mentality).

God forbid we try to score before the end of the half and then get the ball back to start the 3rd and try to score again. Been going on for a while. Remember Last year vs. Cleveland? We try running out the clock before the half then Gio has a huge run and the coaching staff is like hey we might be able to score. Then they go no huddle but they already wasted so much clock , crowd starts booing then AJ Green bails out our coaching staff with a hail Mary TD catch.
Reply/Quote

They need to adjust there QB only throwing for 37 yards in second half.  How can you win a game throwing for 37 yards in a half.  That's not on coaching that's on Andy Dalton!!  Both picks were poor throws that receivers were lucky to even get a hand on. There's many issues with this team and Andy Dalton is one of them.
Reply/Quote