Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round pick #33
(02-26-2020, 09:18 AM)Benton Wrote: We can (and should) pick up a guard through FA. Hell, trade Dalton for a guard. I wouldn't pick a guard in the second this year, not with the need at wr, lb and needing replacements soon on the DL. 

That would be a great trade, Dalton for a proven Guard? Sign me up.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:50 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We’ve all beaten the dead horse with all the Burrow threads. For a team that builds through the draft and with all our needs I feel like pick 33 is just as important as the 1st pick ,we need to land a legit starter with that pick. We get a chance to reset our board and should have a talented group of players to choose from.  Assuming the Bengals pick Burrow 1st what position would you target in round 2 and why. You can name a position or a player you think might be there at pick 33. I’m leaning towards the corner back position which is a premium position and a must have in this league. The more I look at the roster it’s a huge need with Dennard being a free agent , Jackson III in a contract year with his play regressing and with Kirkpatrick in his 30’s and on a bad contact. I think it’s less expensive to sign a free linebacker then a top free agent CB. Linebacker has been a huge need but I feel if we fix linebacker at pick 33 and have no corners next year it won’t matter.

Trade up from 33 and move back into the 1st and pick the BAP that will help Burrow, OL, WR, TE, etc....
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 04:01 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Trade up from 33 and move back into the 1st and pick the BAP that will help Burrow, OL, WR, TE, etc....

At 33 the Bengals are still in the first round in terms of quality of remaining players.  Trading up is OK if they see a prize they really want.  Since they only have 7 picks this year I doubt they will do much trading up.  Now trading down, I could see that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 04:15 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: At 33 the Bengals are still in the first round in terms of quality of remaining players.  Trading up is OK if they see a prize they really want.  Since they only have 7 picks this year I doubt they will do much trading up.  Now trading down, I could see that.

Hopefully a top prospect falls from the top 10 into the 2nd round and the Bengals snag them. That would be ideal and well a dream but isn't this the time to dream big before reality sets in. 
Reply/Quote
I saw a mock draft by the reporters for each team (Hobspin).

Our pick @ 33, he had us taking Terrell Lewis OLB/EDGE from Alabama.

I don't care for this pick in the least. If we go LBer at all in the 2nd I'm hoping Patrick Queen from LSU falls in our lap...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:14 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I saw a mock draft by the reporters for each team (Hobspin).

Our pick @ 33, he had us taking Terrell Lewis OLB/EDGE from Alabama.

I don't care for this pick in the least. If we go LBer at all in the 2nd I'm hoping Patrick Queen from LSU falls in our lap...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eh, I wonder what Hobspin is thinking but I do lots of the time so...

Terrell Lewis is a good edge rusher when healthy, problem is he has a big time injury history and is not the type of player we need
right now at 33. We need a Linebacker that is versatile, we already have Carl Lawson as our backup edge. Lewis doesn't fit what we
need at this juncture. We need a LB that is good in coverage and can tackle, a Guard, OT or a WR at 33.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I wonder what Hobspin is thinking but I do lots of the time so...

Terrell Lewis is a good edge rusher when healthy, problem is he has a big time injury history and is not the type of player we need
right now at 33. We need a Linebacker that is versatile, we already have Carl Lawson as our backup edge. Lewis doesn't fit what we
need at this juncture. We need a LB that is good in coverage and can tackle, a Guard, OT or a WR at 33.

Agree, I'd like a true LB.
Reply/Quote
I would first sign FA Schobert (Wisconsin) LB an then trade or up if needed but draft Zach Baum LB Wisconsin.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I wonder what Hobspin is thinking but I do lots of the time so...

(02-26-2020, 08:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Agree, I'd like a true LB.

WhoDey2 A true LBer would be good, but I'm hoping to get the LBer in FA.

At 33, I'd like to get AJ's eventual replacement. A Big, fast, sure-handed WR....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 09:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 A true LBer would be good, but I'm hoping to get the LBer in FA.

At 33, I'd like to get AJ's eventual replacement. A Big, fast, sure-handed WR....

Could happen, Ogletree is now on the market along with the rest of the Linebackers that have been mentioned.

Tee Higgins could very well be there at 33.
Reply/Quote
Chase Claypool at 33
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 01:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Chase Claypool at 33

Damn this is a deep WR class. Shocked
Reply/Quote

I'm starting to wonder if this team isn't going to more of a 3-4 look when it's not in nickel.

That being said, with Hubbard, Lawson and Dunlap, I don't see much of a need for a premium pick on a pass rusher, maybe a situational guy in the rounds 4-7.

I could however see a DT picked fairly early.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if this team isn't going to more of a 3-4 look when it's not in nickel.

That being said, with Hubbard, Lawson and Dunlap, I don't see much of a need for a premium pick on a pass rusher, maybe a situational guy in the rounds 4-7.

I could however see a DT picked fairly early.

Well if we do go to more of a 3-4 Lewis is much more likely and if he is the pick at 33 we know we are.

My first thought was, we don't play in a 3-4 often so why Lewis when we need a sideline to sideline LB on Defense.

Agreed on DT, Geno won't be around forever and we better re-sign Billings.
Reply/Quote