Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round trade up or back?
(04-22-2021, 02:19 PM)Burma Wrote: This logic is just flat out baffling to me:
"it's a deep offensive line class" = skip getting the best of a great pool at a position of great need and go with the 2nd tier because we need our 3rd receiver to have the potential to become our #1 WR over our current potential #1 WR because our QB used to know him and I really get off when the scoreboard lights up. FML

Chase would be the week 1 WR1.

O-line is a poisition where depth matters more than stars. 5 average guys will do better than 2 stars and 3 donkeys. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:20 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Chase would be the week 1 WR1.

O-line is a poisition where depth matters more than stars. 5 average guys will do better than 2 stars and 3 donkeys. 

I gotcha, not bagging on your specifically.  I just hate that "X is deep" line of thinking. To me it's like being at one of those best pizza in town events and just choosing to eat the mid tier stuff because there is a lot of choice. No! Give me the best of the best!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 03:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If they take Chase, then one route could be to go with Eichenberg at 38...and then trade back up into the 2nd for Davis if he's still on the board around 49/50. Eichenberg could be plugged in at RT - as Daniel Jerimiah and SI's Draft Bible have mentioned - or even be tried at LG, while Davis would compete for the RG spot.

That scenario adds 2 linemen with day one starting capability, with both bringing scheme diversity and experience.

I'd put money on the draft going Ja'Marr Chase - Wyatt Davis - Milton Williams in the first 3 rounds.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay. You are the GM.

We take Chase in round 1.

1) In round two you use the 2 and 3 to trade up and take Darrisaw

2) Stay and take Eichenberg (or leatherwood or Cosmi) AND Quinn M in the 3rd.

3) Trade to the back of the 2nd for an extra 3rd and take Walker Little, Quinn M, and Milton Williams.
Reply/Quote
I would use some of the picks i got from trading back @ 5 to move back up into the end of Round 1 for an extra 5th year option
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 05:03 PM)yang Wrote: Okay.  You are the GM.

2) Stay and take Eichenberg (or leatherwood or Cosmi)  AND Quinn M in the 3rd.

3) Trade  to the back of the 2nd for an extra 3rd and take Walker Little, Quinn M, and Milton Williams.

Option 3
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The 4th is the chip, 72pts gets you back into the end of the 1st rd. I think I'd do that for Jenkins as a stud guard that can play tackle, or Marshall Jr for the Burrow chemistry and skill.

I'd go the other way if there isn't a clear cut player in the 2nd to add picks. I'm fine with taking a true guard and a tackle later, there just has to be improvement to the OL. The extra pick let's you hedge your bet and take BPA.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:20 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Chase would be the week 1 WR1.

Agree completely, though 5 stars on the OL would be far preferable to 5 stars at WR imo.  
Reply/Quote

3) Trade  to the back of the 2nd for an extra 3rd and take Walker Little, Quinn M, and Milton Williams.

What if I don't like Darrisaw, Meinerz, or Milton Williams?

Guy who doesn't do 5 step drops, guy who looks like maybe Kyle Cook with worse pass blocking, workout warrior who disappears against subpar competition.
Reply/Quote

3 fo sho
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 06:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: What if I don't like Darrisaw, Meinerz, or Milton Williams?

Guy who doesn't do 5 step drops, guy who looks like maybe Kyle Cook with worse pass blocking, workout warrior who disappears against subpar competition.

If you mean Christian Darrisaw doesn't do many vertical pass sets that is because Quick Sets are the staple of College Spread Offenses and neither does Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, or Teven Jenkins. If you want to get technical Darrisaw has done more vertical sets than most of the high ranked Tackle Prospects.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 07:06 PM)Synric Wrote: If you mean Christian Darrisaw doesn't do many vertical pass sets that is because Quick Sets are the staple of College Spread Offenses and neither does Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, or Teven Jenkins. If you want to get technical Darrisaw has done more vertical sets than most of the high ranked Tackle Prospects.

Not just his sets - I was under the impression(from reading scouting reports) that the Virginia Tech offensive scheme takes the West Coast philosophy of getting the ball out to an extreme.  It seems like when they don't throw it quickly, it's some sort of a run or designed rollout.  I forget who it was, but this evaluator made the assertion that Darrisaw's pressure and sack stats might be a product of the offense.  I haven't watched them a ton, nor do I have the data in front of me, just found it interesting.  Between that and his lack of typewriter feet, I wouldn't be at all shocked if he's a guard at the next level.  
Reply/Quote