Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-12-1
Sadly I think this is what this team finished at, and I hope Marvin is drained enough to call it quits.

That still leaves Mike Brown with the slim to none chance that he brings in new blood and let's him pick his staff, but I'm not holding out hope for either.

Probably the best shot we have is for Brown not to extend him beyond next year!
Reply/Quote
Even if Marvin leaves, what are the odds Brown lets the new coach pick his own staff?

We're ****** either way.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The new coach is likely Guenther. They'd slide Coyle to DC.
Reply/Quote
Such a record would mean the Bengals get better draft choices, but I hope the Bengals get it together enough to take out some frustrations and put a beatdown against at least one of the remaining teams, like Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The new coach is likely Guenther. They'd slide Coyle to DC.

That's my worst nightmare... I've been saying anybody but Marv for years but that... That is just an awful thought
Reply/Quote
Id love to see the browns get their lone win against the bengals next week
Reply/Quote
We'll be the stains only win this season and Mikey boy will send Marvin a bonus and a turkey.
Reply/Quote
As long as no more major injuries. Offseason can't get here quick enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: dey_who2_zps6lbezkmi.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Even if Marvin leaves, what are the odds Brown lets the new coach pick his own staff?

We're ***** either way.

A million to one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:05 PM)bjf123 Wrote: A million to one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
That means we finish ahead of the Browns!

[Image: 4518170.jpg?t=1367337600]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well, that tie game made a big difference didn't it?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: That's my worst nightmare... I've been saying anybody but Marv for years but that... That is just an awful thought

I wouldn't be happy with it either...but we know how the Bengals operate. Chances are the next HC comes from inside...unless Hue gets fired by Cleveland or Zimmer...but I doubt that happens unless they totally collapse. Very, very small chance of Zimmer being available.
Reply/Quote
I say they hire Coughlin, and then Katie and Co. get Mike Brown the State Farm gig to get him away from the team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mff8afb4ad9b625333fff44116b221...=256&h=171]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I say they hire Coughlin, and then Katie and Co. get Mike Brown the State Farm gig to get him away from the team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mff8afb4ad9b625333fff44116b221...=256&h=171]

Maybe he could sell wine coolers.  He's got the wardrobe for it.

[Image: bartles-jaymes-wine-coolers-ads.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sadly I think this is what this team finished at, and I hope Marvin is drained enough to call it quits.

That still leaves Mike Brown with the slim to none chance that he brings in new blood and let's him pick his staff, but I'm not holding out hope for either.

Probably the best shot we have is for Brown not to extend him beyond next year!

Top 5 pick maybe?  I can barely get interested in that.  Honestly, if I am losing interest in this team, after 35 plus years of fandom, then I bet a lot of other people are too, and the Bengals are in trouble.  I expect them to come back with the same coaches, Nugent at kicker, and Bodine at Center, and when they do I don't know if I will even bother to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Maybe he could sell wine coolers.  He's got the wardrobe for it.

[Image: bartles-jaymes-wine-coolers-ads.jpg]

LMAO.  Why not?  He's still living as if he was in that era.  Bartles & James is probably his go to joy juice.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I love how frugal Mikey boy is with his money. He's 166 years old. Unless he's tom hanks in disguise from the green mile his seasons are fading fast. He would rather save a buck then to live out what we want and what his dad would want. I'm sure there is resentment there somewhere so he punishes us because daddy didn't love him enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Top 5 pick maybe?  I can barely get interested in that.  Honestly, if I am losing interest in this team, after 35 plus years of fandom, then I bet a lot of other people are too, and the Bengals are in trouble.  I expect them to come back with the same coaches, Nugent at kicker, and Bodine at Center, and when they do I don't know if I will even bother to watch.

I've said it before, I don't think anything changes until Brown passes the baton.  Marvin has had two 4-12 seasons and didn't get fired this will be no different. He might be weary and retire, but Brown is still in charge.
Reply/Quote