Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3/24 Mock
Based upon what the Bengals have done in free agency, I could see the actual draft looking something like this.  Some may question my WR selection in the 5th round, until they realize that this guy is a punt return dynamo with an innate gift of short area quickness and ability to make people miss.  Darren Simmons likely breathes much easier with the addition of Ronnie Bell.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 02:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Based upon what the Bengals have done in free agency, I could see the actual draft looking something like this.  Some may question my WR selection in the 5th round, until they realize that this guy is a punt return dynamo with an innate gift of short area quickness and ability to make people miss.  Darren Simmons likely breathes much easier with the addition of Ronnie Bell.

I have been watching some tape on Carvin and he is a really solid guard prospect. Another one that could be a priority undrafted free agent or late selection is Zavala from North Carolina State.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 02:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Based upon what the Bengals have done in free agency, I could see the actual draft looking something like this.  Some may question my WR selection in the 5th round, until they realize that this guy is a punt return dynamo with an innate gift of short area quickness and ability to make people miss.  Darren Simmons likely breathes much easier with the addition of Ronnie Bell.

Whatever sim has Bijan Robinson falling to 60th, I'll have what it's having  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whatever sim has Bijan Robinson falling to 60th, I'll have what it's having  Smirk

I've been running sims on the 3 varieties, sometimes a few per day, multiple times each week.  This was the very first time that I saw the #12 prospect available at #60, you'd better believe that if the football gods are going to drop one in my lap that I am going to welcome it with open arms.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:06 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have been watching some tape on Carvin and he is a really solid guard prospect. Another one that could be a priority undrafted free agent or late selection is Zavala from North Carolina State.

Honestly, I don't know much about Carvin.  I just saw the huge Guard with an average selection number well higher than my 7th round number, so I gave him the 7th round flyer.  I figured Tennessee puts out fairly competitive OL, why not?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, guess you HAVE to take Bijan at 60 in that scenario LMAO!!! Hilarious

Can you see sarcasm in my post? Mellow

I will just switch Bijan and Spears to make it look more realistic to me and I am all good. Mellow

Love all the picks. Expecting something similar with TE and RB thin right now and would love this.

First I have heard of Carvin, sounds like a good one from what OSUfan is saying.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I don't know much about Carvin.  I just saw the huge Guard with an average selection number well higher than my 7th round number, so I gave him the 7th round flyer.  I figured Tennessee puts out fairly competitive OL, why not?

the OL from Chattanooga the other McClendon is a HUGE man we should consider late in the draft as well he has 35 inch arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I don't know much about Carvin.  I just saw the huge Guard with an average selection number well higher than my 7th round number, so I gave him the 7th round flyer.  I figured Tennessee puts out fairly competitive OL, why not?

If you get a chance watch some film on him. I originally noticed him while I was watching tape on Wright then I started watching him and there is a lot to like about him. Big, strong mover who appears to have pretty decent athleticism. Same with Zavala.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 11:20 PM)pulses Wrote: the OL from Chattanooga the other McClendon is a HUGE man we should consider late in the draft as well he has 35 inch arms.

The reports I have read on him seem to point toward a practice squad candidate who has some serious technique issues to clean up. Carvin and Zavala seem to be far more NFL ready and I would not be shocked to see either or both on 53 man rosters in '23.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whatever sim has Bijan Robinson falling to 60th, I'll have what it's having  Smirk

There is no way he's at 60. Hell, I think he might go top 10!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 10:41 AM)OSUfan Wrote: The reports I have read on him seem to point toward a practice squad candidate who has some serious technique issues to clean up. Carvin and Zavala seem to be far more NFL ready and I would not be shocked to see either or both on 53 man rosters in '23.
He's not near as bad as you make him sound and has a 6th round grade just right below Zavala. and his pass blocking grade was 98% and run blocking was 91%.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/McClendon-Curtis-OL-Chattanooga
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 06:46 PM)pulses Wrote: He's not near as bad as you make him sound and has a 6th round grade just right below Zavala. and his pass blocking grade was 98% and run blocking was 91%.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/McClendon-Curtis-OL-Chattanooga

Oh I am not saying he is terrible just saying there is work to be done in developing him but that can be expected coming from the FCS. He has a good build and some anchor to him but I am not sure he is exactly ready to take on NFL defensive linemen but he has the tools to get there for certain.

Quote:Guard prospect with the build of a long-armed offensive tackle. Despite his traits, Curtis has too many holes in his game to trust he will be ready to step up in competition early on. His struggles in trying to separate and sustain against Illinois’ interior defenders really shined a bright light on the work he needs to do to get stronger and more technically sound. Despite these concerns, Curtis is capable in pocket protection and is likely to be viewed as a Day 3 prospect requiring a plan and coaching to help him develop.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mcclendon-curtis/32004355-5267-7287-57b1-b2dca6786cfc
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 07:12 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh I am not saying he is terrible just saying there is work to be done in developing him but that can be expected coming from the FCS. He has a good build and some anchor to him but I am not sure he is exactly ready to take on NFL defensive linemen but he has the tools to get there for certain.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mcclendon-curtis/32004355-5267-7287-57b1-b2dca6786cfc

It seems we are liking the BIGGER guys so he may be nice to have to develop. The others have not panned out recently.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 09:47 PM)pulses Wrote: It seems we are liking the BIGGER guys so he may be nice to have to develop. The others have not panned out recently.

Makes sense as the leaner, more athletic style OL don't match up as well versus the defensive fronts we'll be facing in our own division.  Besides keeping Joe clean, having the power to line up and get a yard when you need a yard is a good thing to be able to do.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 08:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Makes sense as the leaner, more athletic style OL don't match up as well versus the defensive fronts we'll be facing in our own division.  Besides keeping Joe clean, having the power to line up and get a yard when you need a yard is a good thing to be able to do.
Yes sir it is ! I was wondering what took them so long.
Reply/Quote