Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-4-1 and In Dire Need Of A Bye Week
Back to the drawing board and time to mend some wounds and get some players more healthy. ....The good news is that Marvin did call a time out before Washington kicker made game winning kick, and in do over he missed it....Bengals are lucky they are not 3-5.....The offensive line and the defense just are not what they have been. What was a good defense now looks less than average. ....This team will need a major turnaround during bye week......We do have 5 AFC North Games left....If this team can get it together and go 5-1 in the AFC North.....but right now, that is a big if......This teams has a lot to figure out in the bye week.....Players still running around acting stupid like the end of the play-off game in January. Some fans may love it but it is a lack of focus and is what losers do. Teams like the Patriots would not tolerate it one second but Bengals history shows they like players running around like idiots. Something team must address if they ever want to win....I could use a week off from watching them implode on the field.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Marvin absolutely has no control or discipline with this team, he never has.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:26 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Marvin absolutely has no control or discipline with this team, he never has.

Plain and simple: It's an organizational culture thing.

The lack of discipline is on Marvin...but ownership allows him to be the head coach. It's organizational culture.

After 5 playoff losses in a row, how many other NFL teams would retain their coaching staff?
Reply/Quote
When I recall how many times over the years Marvin has talked about fixing this or that aspect, then seeing the same blatant mistakes over and over - it doesn't reinforce my faith they have the ability to improve in short order.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:05 AM)kevin Wrote: Back to the drawing board and time to mend some wounds and get some players more healthy. ....The good news is that Marvin did call a time out before Washington kicker made game winning kick, and in do over he missed it....Bengals are lucky they are not 3-5.....The offensive line and the defense just are not what they have been.  What was a good defense now looks less than average. ....This team will need a major turnaround during bye week......We do have 5 AFC North Games left....If this team can get it together and go 5-1 in the AFC North.....but right now, that is a big if......This teams has a lot to figure out in the bye week.....Players still running around acting stupid like the end of the play-off game in January. Some fans may love it  but it is a lack of focus and is what losers do.  Teams like the Patriots would not tolerate it one second but Bengals history shows they like players running around like idiots.  Something team must address if they ever want to win....I could use a week off from watching them implode on the field.

I would love to be wrong but as of now I'd have to say we nees to pack it up on the season. I agree the team running around like idiots is a major problem. However, its not something a bye week will fix. It's something a HC change could fix. Name me one disciplined team under Marvin that you can think of. I can't think of any. 

Just a couple other things I noticed from your post. We have 4 AFCN games left not 5 unfortunately. Also we were full strength for the Redskins game. We got Eifert back and he did make a difference. Unfortunatwly he is not on the defensive side of the ball. Our D-line gets no pressure and our DBs play soft coverage as evidenced on even the 3rd and longs yesterday that were uncontested. This is also the side of the ball where we usually get our personal fouls. The D is just not very talented and they don't play smart. Only way I see us making the playoffs is if the D has some self realization and turnaround in the next couple weeks. Otherwise OBJ and Eli are gonna have a field day and our season really will be over. 
Reply/Quote