Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Filmmakers #BlackWhileAirbnb-ing Plan to Sue Police
(05-08-2018, 05:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: AirBnB launched in 2008 (according to Wikipedia). Up until last year, I never heard of it. Unless you're a frequent traveler, chances are unlikely you would have heard of it, either.

In ten years you never saw an ad or even heard of it?

that amazes me!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2018, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: In ten years you never saw an ad or even heard of it?

that amazes me!

It is not as well known as you might think.

Still think they should have got it straightened out in less than 45 minutes.
Maybe next time a white person waves at them they will respond with a friendly wave instead of thoughts of persecution.
(05-09-2018, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not as well known as you might think.

Still think they should have got it straightened out in less than 45 minutes.

I agree...I also think the amount of officers there seems a bit large.  But no one got hurt or killed (which makes me believe the three women were not being disrespectful to the officers) so they'll sort it out with the lawsuits.

But if there were seven cop cars there not one officer knew what airbnb was?  That's amazing to me.  Maybe I am just more aware of things over the last decade...lol. 
(05-09-2018, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: But if there were seven cop cars there not one officer knew what airbnb was?  That's amazing to me.  Maybe I am just more aware of things over the last decade...lol. 

There is a lot of crazy stuff about this story.

If there were already 7 cars there then why did they have to wait 20 minutes for a Sargent to show up?
(05-09-2018, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a lot of crazy stuff about this story.

If there were already 7 cars there then why did they have to wait 20 minutes for a Sargent to show up?

I do wonder if it was a sergeant or if it was just someone who took control of the situation.

They may not have known the rank...but I did see the photo/video with multiple cars there.
(05-09-2018, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree...I also think the amount of officers there seems a bit large.  But no one got hurt or killed (which makes me believe the three women were not being disrespectful to the officers) so they'll sort it out with the lawsuits.

Yeah, if they were rude or disrespectful then they cops would surely have beaten or killed them.  You actually think anyone believes you don't hate law enforcement?  Laughable. Hilarious
(05-09-2018, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, if they were rude or disrespectful then they cops would surely have beaten or killed them.  You actually think anyone believes you don't hate law enforcement?  Laughable. Hilarious

That's an interesting take you have.

If they were being rude you don't think the incident would have escalated to the point where someone could have been hurt?  Most of such incidents that happen the response has been "just do what the officer says and nothing goes wrong".  So nothing went wrong this time so I assume they just did what the officer said.

Funny how I can "hate" bad officers and that means I "hate" them all, but others can defend the good ones and not be defending them all.

But, if you say so.
(05-09-2018, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I do wonder if it was a sergeant or if it was just someone who took control of the situation.

They may not have known the rank...but I did see the photo/video with multiple cars there.

I'm guessing the film crew demanded to "speak to your supervisor".
(05-09-2018, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: In ten years you never saw an ad or even heard of it?

that amazes me!

Nope. Even after learning about it (from a news story) last year, I still haven't seen any ads for it.

(05-09-2018, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm guessing the film crew demanded to "speak to your supervisor".

Which might explain why it took 45 minutes.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/police-release-bodycam-footage-of-controversial-stop-outside-airbnb/#amp_tf=From%20%251$s

Police bodycam footage released shows police interacting with these kids in a courteous and professional manner, releasing the group after twenty-two minutes.  Looks like the initial narrative was complete BS.  Good luck with that lawsuit, kids.
(05-14-2018, 03:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/police-release-bodycam-footage-of-controversial-stop-outside-airbnb/#amp_tf=From%20%251$s

Police bodycam footage released shows police interacting with these kids in a courteous and professional manner, releasing the group after twenty-two minutes.  Looks like the initial narrative was complete BS.  Good luck with that lawsuit, kids.

Unfortunately, there is a population that gets sucked in by these frivolous stories and innocent people often pay the price. It's a shame the neighbor felt it necessary to hide her identity because of the backlash caused by this. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-14-2018, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately, there is a population that gets sucked in by these frivolous stories and innocent people often pay the price. It's a shame the neighbor felt it necessary to hide her identity because of the backlash caused by this. 

If anyone involved I this is to blame it's the owner of the property for not informing her neighbors the residence was being rented out.  If I'm a homeowner in that neighborhood I'd be thrilled that my neighbors were looking out for me.