Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Nail Biter loses in a row.
Including the Superbowl, the Bengals have lost 3 Nail Biters in a row. I think this will be another Nail Biter. I only hope we win this one.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think they had one of (or the lowest) playoff point differential for a team who made the super bowl. Evan Mcpherson best player on team.
Reply/Quote
we've lost 3 nail biters in a row, but have played 7 nail biters in the last 8 games. Heart doctors around town are making big money off of the city fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 06:00 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Including the Superbowl, the Bengals have lost 3 Nail Biters in a row. I think this will be another Nail Biter. I only hope we win this one.

Interesting fact: Joe Flacco has over 600 passing yards in two games. He's 3rd in the league in yards.
He's 1st in attempts at 103.
He has a higher QB rating than Burrow, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr.

Corey Davis, rookie Garrett Wilson, and sophomore Eli Moore have made a respectable pass catching group.
Breece Hall and Michael Carter are a solid RBBC for them too, and both can catch.

They definitely have the firepower now to take a lead or come back from a deficit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting fact: Joe Flacco has over 600 passing yards in two games. He's 3rd in the league in yards.
He has a higher QB rating than Burrow, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr.

Corey Davis, rookie Garrett Wilson, and sophomore Eli Moore have made a respectable pass catching group.
Breece Hall and Michael Carter are a solid RBBC for them too, and both can catch.

They definitely have the firepower now to take a lead or come back from a deficit.

Maybe the Jets coaching staff will listen to the fans and sit Flacco for somebody else this week. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 07:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think they had one of (or the lowest) playoff point differential for a team who made the super bowl. Evan Mcpherson best player on team.

Still waiting for them to release a McPherson color rush jersey.
It's about the only one I'll buy unless they release custom ones.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 06:00 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Including the Superbowl, the Bengals have lost 3 Nail Biters in a row. I think this will be another Nail Biter. I only hope we win this one.

[Image: real-tears-tears.gif]
Reply/Quote
This offense is loaded with stars on rookie contracts. If not now, then when?

When Burrow and Chase are taking up half of the cap...this team will have issues if they can't field a team that wins now.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Still waiting for them to release a McPherson color rush jersey.
It's about the only one I'll buy unless they release custom ones.

I wonder how the Bengals will approach his contract extension when the time comes? Evan is going to be in line to get paid big dollars and perhaps become the highest paid kicker in the NFL. Will the Bengals balk or pay the dude?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder how the Bengals will approach his contract extension when the time comes? Evan is going to be in line to get paid big dollars and perhaps become the highest paid kicker in the NFL. Will the Bengals balk or pay the dude?

He kicked the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance. You pay the man 2nd most behind Tucker, and that’s just because Tucker has been dominant for so long.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting fact: Joe Flacco has over 600 passing yards in two games. He's 3rd in the league in yards.

That had to be one of the most stunning comebacks ever. I turned the game off with 1:55 left and the Jets down 13 and getting ready for the extra point. 

I can't imagine the meltdown we would have here if the Bengals melted down in the fashion the Browns did. Apparently, the Browns had a 99.9% chance of winning. And had the coaches reminded Nick Chubb to not go into the end zone, but just go down at the one, they would have won, because the Jets had no timeouts left. Then a missed extra point, a wide-open 66-yard touchdown, a recovered on-side kick. Extraordinary. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:51 AM)Nepa Wrote: That had to be one of the most stunning comebacks ever. I turned the game off with 1:55 left and the Jets down 13 and getting ready for the extra point. 

I can't imagine the meltdown we would have here if the Bengals melted down in the fashion the Browns did. Apparently, the Browns had a 99.9% chance of winning. And had the coaches reminded Nick Chubb to not go into the end zone, but just go down at the one, they would have won, because the Jets had no timeouts left. Then a missed extra point, a wide-open 66-yard touchdown, a recovered on-side kick. Extraordinary. 

I don't recall a player ever scoring a TD late costing a team a win...but yes...it did.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:50 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: He kicked the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance. You pay the man 2nd most behind Tucker, and that’s just because Tucker has been dominant for so long.

Even the highest paid kicker in the league doesn't make that much, relatively speaking.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:51 AM)Nepa Wrote: That had to be one of the most stunning comebacks ever. I turned the game off with 1:55 left and the Jets down 13 and getting ready for the extra point. 

We scored 22 in 50 seconds once (or something like that in the Burrow bowl).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They should be able to easily afford him and McPherson is great but slow your roll. He’s nowhere near the best player on this team even when they are playing like crap. There’s a reason even the best kickers are only mid round picks at best (except when Al Davis is picking).
He’s very good at his job but the other guys have to get him into position to even have any impact on the outcome. Even on his worst day Burrow is much more valuable and I don’t think anyone would ever take Evan over Chase, just to give you two obvious examples.

I love that they have a good, clutch kicker now but he’s nowhere near the best player on the team.
Reply/Quote
This is all my fault, my son was born in between the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl and he has yet to be alive for a Bengals win. He is cursed I say!
Reply/Quote

Yeah not going to lie, the Bengals have lost in some outrageous ways over the years. But that Browns game... holy.

As for the Bengals, yes 3 tight losses in a row. None of them such for the right reasons though. The Super Bowl... our offence just falls off a cliff the second we get that pick in the 3rd. We should win that game comfortably (enough) with one or two remotely decent drives after that point. Steelers... nail biter as we play like absolute trash for a half and still blow chance after chance to win that one. Cowboys.... one good drive all game.

Joe Flacco on his zimmerframe beating us would be a heck of a low, so fingers crossed we can come out on the right side this weekend. Basically in no loss territory for a while if we want to be a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 01:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is all my fault, my son was born in between the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl and he has yet to be alive for a Bengals win. He is cursed I say!

Same, mine was born a few weeks after.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote