Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Plays
I couldn't watch the game, so I was following play-by-play on my phone...

From what I saw, there were three CRUCIAL plays in this game.

1. 4th and goal from the 1 - running GIO instead of HILL. WHY?
2. 3rd and long for Patriots - "illegal contact" penalty (Dre Kirk?), 5 yards AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN.
3. ANOTHER 3rd and long for Patriots - "defensive holding" (Burfict?) 5 yds AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN.

BOTH of those drives resulted in NE TOUCHDOWNS.

NOW, I've always said that it's SO EASY for refs to subtly influence the outcomes of games.
Those "5 yds AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN" penalties are "get-out-of-jail-free" cards for referees.
I believe there was NO WAY, NE was NOT going to pick up 1st downs there - it seems already pre-determined.
For those that doubt me... HOW MANY OTHER TIMES WERE THOSE PENALTIES CALLED ON OTHER DOWNS?

I seriously don't know how much longer I can watch the NFL.
It could have been 3rd and 50, and "5 yards automatic 1st down?" - it's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
I had the same comments on #1 while it was happening.

I think #2 was questionable but he did it live, can't remember though.

I don't remember Burfict holding, but he is no good in coverage so it could have happened, lol.

Cincy Offense can't score enough....
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can't always blame the Refs.

The Bengals had opportunity. They just squandered them. Plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
1. Really not sure. Think a QB sneak there would have been better, However, on 3rd and goal the previous play Peko completely whiffed on a block that would have allowed Gio to score easily.
2. I don't believe that should have been a hold called on Dre. Very weak call in my opinion.
3. The one I think you're referring too was a hold called on Pacman when he was covering Hogan. Call was correct I think but the way Pacman reacted resulted in the defense not being ready for the following play and cost us a timeout. Very poor decision on his part to react the way he did and slam himself on the ground and throw a fit.
Reply/Quote
Gio vs Hill I dont have a problem with. Gio was showing he could run inside all day. What I question is what has happened to Fisher at FB in the jumbo package like we did all last year? We ran the jumbo twice inside the 5 on that series with Peko at FB and he missed his block both times.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: Gio vs Hill I dont have a problem with. Gio was showing he could run inside all day. What I question is what has happened to Fisher at FB in the jumbo package like we did all last year? We ran the jumbo twice inside the 5 on that series with Peko at FB and he missed his block both times.

You know, I think they figured that play out...let him come in unblocked, (which they did) and concentrate on the ball handler...(which they did)

Out coached in every facet of the game. 

Stale. 

Going in, just hoping we wouldn't be embarrassed....coaching was embarrassed. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i think one of the last plays Ced was in for was also critical..the hold on Ninkovich (?) aftfer Andy hit Green for a long first down which backed us up...then Hill went outside the guard rather then inside to pick up the blitzer and we atake a safety and that was it.

Bizarrely I was vaguely encouraged by what i saw...we did not get massively outplayed as such but had those handful of bad plays/mental errors which let the Pats off the hook at key points
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:30 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I couldn't watch the game, so I was following play-by-play on my phone...

From what I saw, there were three CRUCIAL plays in this game.

1. 4th and goal from the 1 - running GIO instead of HILL.  WHY?
2. 3rd and long for Patriots - "illegal contact" penalty (Dre Kirk?), 5 yards AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN.
3. ANOTHER 3rd and long for Patriots - "defensive holding" (Burfict?) 5 yds AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN.

BOTH of those drives resulted in NE TOUCHDOWNS.

NOW, I've always said that it's SO EASY for refs to subtly influence the outcomes of games.
Those "5 yds AUTOMATIC 1st DOWN" penalties are "get-out-of-jail-free" cards for referees.
I believe there was NO WAY, NE was NOT going to pick up 1st downs there - it seems already pre-determined.
For those that doubt me... HOW MANY OTHER TIMES WERE THOSE PENALTIES CALLED ON OTHER DOWNS?

I seriously don't know how much longer I can watch the NFL.
It could have been 3rd and 50, and "5 yards automatic 1st down?" - it's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Me too. I'm ready to give up on the NFL.
Reply/Quote
The safety was what killed us. They took all the momentum with that play, and we never got it back.

Reply/Quote
Lost my mind on 3rd and goal when they lined up in shot gun didn't even give the defense the illusion that we were even going to attempt to run the ball then proceed to throw a low percentage completion pass into the corner of the end zone
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:45 PM)sonofstat Wrote: i think one of the last plays Ced was in for was also critical..the hold on Ninkovich (?) aftfer Andy hit Green for a long first down which backed us up...then Hill went outside the guard rather then inside to pick up the blitzer and we atake a safety and that was it.

Bizarrely I was vaguely encouraged by what i saw...we did not get massively outplayed as such but had those handful of bad plays/mental errors which let the Pats off the hook at key points

That was the phantom hold; had him inside the shoulders and pushed him down in a beautiful pancake. But because he fell too, he, "tackled his man," when that didn't happen in the slightest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I had the same comments on #1 while it was happening.

I think #2 was questionable but he did it live, can't remember though.

I don't remember Burfict holding, but he is no good in coverage so it could have happened, lol.

Cincy Offense can't score enough....

Don't remember Burfict, but I do remember Og's phantom hold on a first down and big gain, that led to the safety, I believe.
Reply/Quote
playing calling in the red zone just magnafies why Zampese must go
Eifert or not there's no excuse not to punch it especially their best player on defense
is watching from the sidelines.
putting in Peko told the whole defense ITS A RUNNING PLAY!!!
THE MLB SHIFTED TO THAT SIDE AND PEKO WHIFFED BIG TIME
I would have faked the off tackle play and had Dalton do a backside bootleg option run pass with
the TE chipping down and then releasing to the right
the Pats would have bit big time .
Reply/Quote
I totally agree those 5 yard penalties such as, illegal contact and defensive holding, should not be automatic first downs. It should just be the 5 yards, so if it is 3rd and 18 then next play should be 3rd and 13. 

The way it is now gives refs too much power in their hands to keep offensive drives going, and influence the outcomes of games.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:01 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I totally agree those 5 yard penalties such as, illegal contact and defensive holding, should not be automatic first downs. It should just be the 5 yards, so if it is 3rd and 18 then next play should be 3rd and 13. 

The way it is now gives refs too much power in their hands to keep offensive drives going, and influence the outcomes of games.

In the post game presser Marvin said Gio ran it because Hill has a chest injury.

Here's a stat that's damning for Zampese: In the first half the Bengals ran 11 plays in New England territory compared to New England only being able to run 5 on the Bengals side..... And the Pats were up 10-7 at the half.
Reply/Quote
The biggest play of the game was the holding call on Kirkpatrick(which was a soft call) . We force. Punt there get a field goal score on the opening drive of second half boom were up by 10 in the third.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The safety was what killed us. They took all the momentum with that play, and we never got it back.

You know what led to that safety? A BS holding call that backed them up. Pretty much every score for the patriots while the game was close was influenced by the refs.
Reply/Quote
That's the beautiful thing about holds. The refs can intentionally miss 17 in the Steelers game, and then call phantom ones, since it "happens every play".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The problem is the complete inconsistency by part time officials who do not study game film full time or get critiqued full time.

Dre made contact but you see the same thing ten or twenty times a game and it is not called. AJ got held, pushed on several occasions with no call including a pass in the end zone on third down before we kicked a FG.

Jones held the WR by grabbing his shirt. No question it was a correct call. But again, many time during the game yesterday identical plays by NE DBs were not called.

Holding on our RT was a weak call but this guy is so bad he probably got away with two or three holds that were not called. I am sure the officials do make up calls when they think they may have missed something.

I think the officials in NFL are the worst. We got critical fouls called on us that were not called on NE.

But we lost to better team. Complete domination of our D line in second half because of adjustments in blocking scheme made by NE with no response by Bengals.
Reply/Quote