Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Police Officers Dead in La.
So, what happens now?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/07/17/reports-baton-rouge-police-officers-shot/87218884/
Reset the counter to zero and wait for the next one. Hope you're not there. Rinse. Repeat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Police will continue being on edge around black people and quick to pull the trigger. Homicide will continue to be the leading cause of death for black men age 18-35 and the vast majority if those homicides will be committed by other black men.

I guess "violence doesn't solve anything" is a forgotten concept.
Police stop responding to certian calls or show up late. Take notes, then tell them that you would love to help find the perp, but your too busy attending funerals for your fellow officers and that takes precedence.
It takes a special breed to be a loyal LEO these days. Your every move is monitored and questioned by those that do not understand your reasoning and training. You constantly have to defend your actions when dealing with those breaking the law. You are considered a racist simply because of your occupation. You have elected officials (including POTUS) fanning the flames every chance they get. You have an organization created just to slur you and your occupation. You have folks calling for you to die NOW. And now ambushing you is the new trend.

LEOs have my respect and the families of these victims have my prayers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

It's amazing how little some people regard life anymore, even their own.
(07-17-2016, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It takes a special breed to be a loyal LEO these days. Your every move is monitored and questioned by those that do not understand your reasoning and training. You constantly have to defend your actions when dealing with those breaking the law. You are considered a racist simply because of your occupation. You have elected officials (including POTUS) fanning the flames every chance they get. You have an organization created just to slur you and your occupation. You have folks calling for you to die NOW. And now ambushing you is the new trend.

LEOs have my respect and the families of these victims have my prayers.

I would also add that this organization is also aided by people that constantly excuse them for their behavior and defend their actions.

"Oh, they killed cops?  Well slavery and Jim Crow and segregation and and and."

Of course they will claim "No one ever said that" yet any time you defend criminals by making up excuses for their bad behavior then you are aiding these people.

I wonder which catch phrase or bumper sticker slogan we will hear to defend BLM now?
(07-17-2016, 01:44 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, what happens now?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/07/17/reports-baton-rouge-police-officers-shot/87218884/

Those who did it will get caught and either killed during the capture or jailed forever.

Nothing will change otherwise.

People who have easy access to weapons and hate cops will kill cops.

Cops will continue to put their lives on the line because a few bad ones give them a bad rap and, in general, american citizens are low educated and well armed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The first thing I saw on Facebook this morning.

'Three more dead cops and four more in critical condition. This is Obama's legacy.'
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

This is the kind of bullshit that is going to get Trump elected.
--------------------------------------------------------

I wonder why they aren't the releasing what the races are of the murdered officers and the dead shooter?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-17-2016, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder why they aren't the releasing what the races are of the murdered officers and the dead shooter?

Personally the race of the shooter(s) matters very little to me and the race of the Officers is totally irrelevant. The most important thing is the motivation; this is what I hope we discover. I have heard that the shooter(s) was not even local, given I have zero proof of this.

This is similar to my views on international terror when folks say "This one doesn't count because they were from...." It is the ideology that is the true threat. 

(07-17-2016, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally the race of the shooter(s) matters very little to me and the race of the Officers is totally irrelevant. The most important thing is the motivation; this is what I hope we discover. I have heard that the shooter(s) was not even local, given I have zero proof of this.

I heard some rumored connection to "Sovereign Citizens"....First I have heard of that group, but they number up to 300k in the US and law enforcement considers them among the biggest domestic terrorist threats we face.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-look-at-the-sovereign-citizen-movement/1/
Pretty alarming stuff.  I've heard of few, if any, of these incidents.
--------------------------------------------------------

Bad enough when police aren't respected. When they become targets for murder, all hell is breaking loose. And when the box is opened, it is awfully hard to get closed again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-suspects-information/
The Shooters name is Gavin Long from Missouri.
(07-17-2016, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: Bad enough when police aren't respected.  When they become targets for murder, all hell is breaking loose.  And when the box is opened, it is awfully hard to get closed again.

Here's the thing and what brings much respect to our police officers is that no matter what, they will show up to work and do their job to the best of their abilities. They won't be slow to respond, they won't call in sick, they won't belittle or look for revenge. They will continue to do the job the best they can.

The one thing I worry about though is that our police officers around the country will be weary and on gaurd whenever they come into contact with African-Americans. I have a feeling that there will be more police shootings of African-Americans because in the back of the police officers mind is that every encounter is an ambush.

This is my opinion of course, but I just seem to not think it. It's going to be even worse if anything happens in Cleveland this week. I can see stupid, racist rednecks "lookin' fer sum payback". Then you got this BLM guy threatening a violent coup of our own if Trump is elected.

It is a mess and there are some really dumb people out there, it's scary really.
My question is: Do LEOs really have that hard of a time recognizing if shots are coming from one source or multiple?

(07-17-2016, 08:32 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-suspects-information/
The Shooters name is Gavin Long from Missouri.

This is not protest.  This is cold blooded cowardly murder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Not that most of you care, but we aren't the only ones having problems with PO's getting killed in public...

https://www.rt.com/news/351790-shooting-almaty-police-kazakhstan/

5 killed, 7 injured in Almaty terrorist attack on police station (GRAPHIC)

At least five people were killed and seven injured in a suspected Islamist attack on a police station in Almaty, Kazakhstan’s largest city. President Nursultan Nazarbaev has announced that it was a terror act.

The figure was announced by the city’s counterterrorism headquarters. Authorities had reported earlier that three policemen and one civilian had been killed in the attack. The three murdered police officers, who were 24, 28 and 42-year old, were all reportedly married with children.
(07-18-2016, 12:06 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Here's the thing and what brings much respect to our police officers is that no matter what, they will show up to work and do their job to the best of their abilities. They won't be slow to respond, they won't call in sick, they won't belittle or look for revenge. They will continue to do the job the best they can.

This is not true at all. In fact many experts blame the rise in violent crime this year on the fact that police are not working as hard just because they were facing some criticism.