Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Police Officers Dead in La.
(07-27-2016, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.

When a police officer is exposed to criminal behavior all the time it gives them super powers to recognize criminal behavior, but when a criminal defense attorney is exposed to lying cops all the time it just makes them stupid and assume innocent cops are guilty.

This is the most arrogant absurd logic I have ever seen.

"The exact same experience that gives me super powers makes other people stupid.  Police are just naturally superior to all other humans."

Police have no one but themselves to blame for everyone assuming they are crooked liars.  Everyone knows about the "Blue Wall".  If police were not so proud of their ability to lie to protect each other they might be given more of a benefit of a doubt from citizens.  And your bloviations about how superior police are to all other humans are more proof of the problem.  How can you really claim that it is impossible for police to become jaded and paranoid based on their exposure to criminal activity?  What is so special about them compared to every other human on earth?

My theory is that police here ea ch other lie so much about their inability to make mistakes that they eventually start to believe it.

No, no.  One time a couple years ago I posted a video of a cop shooting a guy.  I was damn sure it was a wrongful shooting. Everyone disagreed with me and given time I apologized and said I was wrong.  All of that equals anyone who questions a shooting (especially the guy who admitted he was wrong) is anti-cop that SSF has "figured out" and "understands" what we "really mean" when we post.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-27-2016, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.

When a police officer is exposed to criminal behavior all the time it gives them super powers to recognize criminal behavior, but when a criminal defense attorney is exposed to lying cops all the time it just makes them stupid and assume innocent cops are guilty.

Quite the most obtuse assessment of my statement that you could have conjured up from your fevered mind.  One of the best things about you is you never fail to ignore the entirety of a point when you have the option to latch on to one, intentionally misinterpreted, point that you can argue into the realm of minutiae.  It's a trait you share with your buddy.

Quote:This is the most arrogant absurd logic I have ever seen.

"The exact same experience that gives me super powers makes other people stupid.  Police are just naturally superior to all other humans."

The fact that you equate experience at a job with super powers leads me to believe you're not capable of participating in this conversation like a grown up. Mellow

Quote:Police have no one but themselves to blame for everyone assuming they are crooked liars.

That's it Fred, let the mask slip a little more.  Letting you and GMDabo dig your own graves is as easy as mentioning the word shovel.

Quote:Everyone knows about the "Blue Wall".  If police were not so proud of their ability to lie to protect each other they might be given more of a benefit of a doubt from citizens.

And the hole gets a little deeper and the mask slips a little more.

Quote:And your bloviations about how superior police are to all other humans are more proof of the problem.

Again, lack of reading comprehension can be a dangerous thing.

Quote:How can you really claim that it is impossible for police to become jaded and paranoid based on their exposure to criminal activity?  What is so special about them compared to every other human on earth?

Hahaha, I literally said some cops do in the post you just quoted.  Here, I'll show you since you clearly need the help.

(07-24-2016, 09:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I get it, you come across as having the same "disease" that some LEO's get.  They start to assume that everyone they deal with is bad due to the few civilians they deal with that are. 

Quote:My theory is that police here ea ch other lie so much about their inability to make mistakes that they eventually start to believe it.

"Theory".  You literally just said you have a theory that covers the entirety of a population.  I'll let that steamer speak to its own merits if you don't mind.

(07-27-2016, 09:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no.  One time a couple years ago I posted a video of a cop shooting a guy.  I was damn sure it was a wrongful shooting. Everyone disagreed with me and given time I apologized and said I was wrong.  All of that equals anyone who questions a shooting (especially the guy who admitted he was wrong) is anti-cop that SSF has "figured out" and "understands" what we "really mean" when we post.  

That was the beginning to be sure.  Your posts since then simply cemented that opinion.  You're like the racist guy who gets caught making a racist statement, then frequently talks about race and then wonders why people question his views on the subject.  Like I said, the mask keeps slipping and your wounds are self inflicted.
(07-27-2016, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That was the beginning to be sure.  Your posts since then simply cemented that opinion.  You're like the racist guy who gets caught making a racist statement, then frequently talks about race and then wonders why people question his views on the subject.  Like I said, the mask keeps slipping and your wounds are self inflicted.

(07-27-2016, 11:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry, no one is buying that.  Smirk
(07-27-2016, 11:33 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry, no one is buying that.  Smirk

Mellow

(07-27-2016, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Like I said, the mask keeps slipping and your wounds are self inflicted.

Rock On
[Image: latest?cb=20121216013139]
(07-27-2016, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The fact that you equate experience at a job with super powers leads me to believe you're not capable of participating in this conversation like a grown up. Mellow 

Here is what you said.  Your on job exposure to criminals made you smarter in your ability to judge criminal behavior while my on job exposure to criminals made me more stupid and gullible.

BTW when "grown ups" get shown up by the exposure of a huge contradiction in their logic they address the issue instead of just tossing out insults.

Care to continue the discussion like a grown up?
(07-27-2016, 11:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what you said.  Your on job exposure to criminals made you smarter in your ability to judge criminal behavior while my on job exposure to criminals made me more stupid and gullible.

BTW when "grown ups" get shown up by the exposure of a huge contradiction in their logic they address the issue instead of just tossing out insults.

That's not how i read it. 

"Sadly, experience in dealing with criminals gives you a definite feel for criminal behavior, a proposition you roundly mocked in another thread.  I get it, you come across as having the same "disease" that some LEO's get.  They start to assume that everyone they deal with is bad due to the few civilians they deal with that are.  You, quite clearly, have decided to lump all LEO's into the same group due to the few you've encountered who, rightfully perceived by you or no, have bent the rules.  You come across as one of those defense attorneys who start to identify with their clients.  It's sadly not uncommon but it's happily easy to spot."

The two bolded parts are not same, so they're not hypocritical. 

1. Experience in a field gives you insight into the actions of those you deal with.
2. Limited experience in a field--or maybe better stated, limited occurrences--can lead to assumptions that aren't necessarily the norm of those you deal with. (the bolded part being an opinion).

#2 can occur in #1, but in this case, the two are not mutually exclusive.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-27-2016, 11:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what you said.  Your on job exposure to criminals made you smarter in your ability to judge criminal behavior while my on job exposure to criminals made me more stupid and gullible.

Nope, not what I said.  I directly quoted myself in my response to you and that quote, taken directly from the post you responded to, completely blew your claim out of the water.  it's also why you carefully omitted that part when you quoted me, which is par for the course for you.  This kind of behavior from you, which oddly enough directly mirrors that of St. Lucie, is so common that it's surprising when you make a post without indulging in it.  I'm all for fifteenth chances though, so please feel free to go back, read what I actually wrote, which btw does not even remotely resemble your inane paraphrasing above, and try and come back and make a logical point.  I won't get too hopeful but I will try to hold onto some optimism. 

(07-28-2016, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not how i read it. 

"Sadly, experience in dealing with criminals gives you a definite feel for criminal behavior

The two bolded parts are not same, so they're not hypocritical. 

1. Experience in a field gives you insight into the actions of those you deal with.
2. Limited experience in a field--or maybe better stated, limited occurrences--can lead to assumptions that aren't necessarily the norm of those you deal with. (the bolded part being an opinion).

#2 can occur in #1, but in this case, the two are not mutually exclusive.

That's not how anyone without an agenda would read it which is why it was obvious to you and not so much to Freddy.  You'll notice how Fred routinely omits parts of posts that directly call out his glaring mischaracterizations or flat out refute his claims?  He's an agitator, nothing more.  
(07-27-2016, 11:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what you said.

(07-24-2016, 09:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I get it, you come across as having the same "disease" that some LEO's get.  They start to assume that everyone they deal with is bad due to the few civilians they deal with that are.  You, quite clearly, have decided to lump all LEO's into the same group due to the few you've encountered who, rightfully perceived by you or no, have bent the rules.  

Here's what you claimed I said.

Quote:Your on job exposure to criminals made you smarter in your ability to judge criminal behavior while my on job exposure to criminals made me more stupid and gullible.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing a real comparison here.  Hmmmmm.

Quote:BTW when "grown ups" get shown up by the exposure of a huge contradiction in their logic they address the issue instead of just tossing out insults.

Now let's watch and see if Fred can respond to the delicious irony.
Another one in San Diego:
https://gma.yahoo.com/1-cop-killed-another-injured-san-diego-shooting-111739454--abc-news-topstories.html#

No word on if it were planned.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-24-2016, 09:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sadly, experience in dealing with criminals gives you a definite feel for criminal behavior, a proposition you roundly mocked in another thread.  I get it, you come across as having the same "disease" that some LEO's get.  They start to assume that everyone they deal with is bad due to the few civilians they deal with that are.  You, quite clearly, have decided to lump all LEO's into the same group due to the few you've encountered who, rightfully perceived by you or no, have bent the rules.  You come across as one of those defense attorneys who start to identify with their clients.  It's sadly not uncommon but it's happily easy to spot.

How can I do anything but lump EVERY officer together when EVERY officer thinks he has special intuition based on nothing but his own beliefs.

You act like you are superior to other officers because you can see which officers don't have th skills, but the only problem is that EVERY officer thinks exactly the same way as you.  Not one single officer will admit that he is paranoid.  It is always "some other guy".

And that is what makes your claims, which are based on nothing but your own belief that you are right all tyhe time, so ridiculous.

I'll gladly start treating officers differently just as soon as you point out the ones that will admit they are just paranoid based on their job.  
(07-29-2016, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can I do anything but lump EVERY officer together when EVERY officer thinks he has special intuition based on nothing but his own beliefs.

You act like you are superior to other officers because you can see which officers don't have th skills, but the only problem is that EVERY officer thinks exactly the same way as you.  Not one single officer will admit that he is paranoid.  It is always "some other guy".

And that is what makes your claims, which are based on nothing but your own belief that you are right all tyhe time, so ridiculous.

I'll gladly start treating officers differently just as soon as you point out the ones that will admit they are just paranoid based on their job.  

Your ability to refuse to respond to direct refutation of your points borders on the inane.  I will once again leave the thread to everyone else to decide who is making a valid point as your pointless game of obfuscation and dodging is as boring as it is pointless.  Have fun with that broad brush though counselor. ThumbsUp
(07-29-2016, 02:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I will once again leave the thread to everyone else to decide who is making a valid point 

And I will once again thank you.
Many cops are bullies. They don't need to be targeted even though they target others. I have experienced a few cases of badge narcissism. It's a friggin joke. I respect many, I dislike many. Some use it for good, some use it to feel god like. Neither deserve to die. Many need retrained.

For additional information on what may have precipitated this act there is an article on the website listed in my signature. That is http://fightgangstalking.com - scroll down just a ways to see the articles. 

It should go without saying, but I do not condone the actions of the assassin who was responsible for this attack. I did not mention this article for the purpose of advocating or justifying this man's behavior. I mention this article because there is information contained within it that the public ought to be aware of, but most people are not.