Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Risers....3 Falling
(02-02-2019, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree with Billings he had a very good season. He was second in run stops by an interior defensive linemen in the second half of the year.

He's never going to be that "elite" guy because he's not a pass rusher and gets pulled on passing downs but as a 2 down nose he's solid.

Fair enough and most likely because of the high expectations I had for him. Watched the kid dominate in college. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, he did do that.  However, if you look at his targets/catch ratio, it points to a much different picture.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11699

My point is was Ross ever consider good to begin with (outside of the TD-Reception ratio)?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hardy Nickerson falling is laughable, he's always been at rock bottom, he can't get any further down
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough and most likely because of the high expectations I had for him. Watched the kid dominate in college. 

Me too... I guess he fell to the fourth for a good reason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Out of curiosity, how can Nickerson have falling stock if he never had any to begin with? John Ross has stock being selected way too high. His only hope is Taylor comes in and uses him the right way. Ross needs to be running deep slants like hill. There’s no reason he can’t be as effective as him with the speed he has.
Reply/Quote
This might get some boos, but I think we have to consider Nick Vivil on the rise. Granted, our LBs were awful this year, but Vigil was leading the team in tackles before he got hurt, and I think he led over the remainder of the games after his return.

Also, I think Hubbard's only going to get better, and he played well this season. He reminds me a little of Howie Long. Hope he has that kind of career.

Also, keep the safety Henderson, the kid out of Hawaii, on your radar. He showed some real promise last preseason before his injury returning an interception against the Colts. He could push Shawn Williams for his job in 2-3 years.Kid looked impressive.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:35 PM)sonofstat Wrote: RISING  :   Tyler Boyd and Mixon I agree with.

I would suggest Redmond on offense - i actually preferred Westerman at RG pre season. These are his first games as a starter so he's done well the odd penalty aside....still plenty to come.

On defense - Bates definitely ...better than expected as a rookie for me.   I would have also considered Glasgow - he's a limited player but had been contributing before he went dow.

Hubbard - maybe not right now but he needs more time and I think he can be a riser 2nd half.

FALLING :  Honestly i cannot say Ross as I was not expecting a whole lot anyway ..he's where he was last year right now.

Carl Lawson I agree with for now - he's still got the raw talent but its just not coming together - i think he turns it around 2nd half...he could easily go on big run of sacks.

Jordan Evans - with his athleticism he should be a lot more visible and with Brown and Burfict out I kinda feel like he's missed an opportunity at start of season.

WJax is a tough one - i think he's a stud but he's given up two real soft TD's by sitting back too deep and giving an easy inside option last 2 games...he's better than that but needs to show it....slow start.

good idea to review these now...

I'm a big Westerman fan so why I had Redmond as a riser i do not know!....got that wrong anyways.

Hubbard and Bates definitely delivered beyond even beyond their rookie promise.

Jordan Evans I'll stick with as a faller - if ever there was a year for a LB to go and nail down a starting spot it this one but more questions than answers right now
Reply/Quote