Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Risers....3 Falling
(09-25-2018, 03:28 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: Ross is a deep threat receiver only, Bengals are trying to turn him into baby AJ or Ocho Cinco. Take advantage of his speed going deep like they did with Chris Henry. Hes a buck 0 5 wet and you want him to run reverses and quick hits. Air the ball out and let him run under it, What Ninja  what you say Ninja ? We have a QB who cant throw accurately deep? well why the heck did we draft Ross then.

He's not a buck-five, he's actually closer to 190 lbs.  Our QB does throw the deep ball accurately.  He just didn't catch it.

Ross, though frustrating, isn't done here.  He is STILL shaking off the rust from being out of game action for nearly two years.  What I don't understand is why they aren't getting him involved earlier in the games with screens, sweeps, slants, quick-hitches, etc. to try and get him in to space.  Watch how KC uses Tyreek Hill.  All over the place.  That is the #1 offense in the NFL right now, and the line him up all over the place...and that includes some deep shots.  

They won't get more out of him by using him less.  With Green out, it is more important than ever to get him involved.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it was already mentioned, like you i was a bit concerned about Lawson, but he does seem to be very high on the pressures list, just not converting to sacks.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 04:20 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Boling? 

Surprised to see him on there. Think he's still our most consistently performing O Lineman.

He had a bad game against Carolina.  He got shoved backward on several rushing plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
For everyone penalizing the DEs like Lawson and Willis, the panty-waste scheme our DC is running allows the opposing QB quick strike, uncontested options. The DEs can't get home if the ball is out quickly. They were awesome against Baltimore until they played sissy ball the second half (typical Marv).

I just can't stand the "don't beat us deep, but here is the underneath, low-risk, shit all day long". It is as though we expect the QB to make errant throws to wide open players and have it go off their hands so we can pick it off where we are standing 5 yards behind the receiver.

I am so sick of our sissy defensive scheme. Get a coach with some balls and get after people. Your D might actually play more inspired if they do more than just tackle someone after a 10 yard gain.
Reply/Quote
My 3 rising would be Boyd, Hubbard, Bates. My 3 falling would be The, De, fense. It's still early and Burfict comes back soon. Hopefully they improve. I thought the D would be the strength of the team.
Reply/Quote
I'd add our QB to the rising category.  Yeah, I know, 4 INTs, but he has looked rather sharp from the first preseason game until now.  He's looking much better than the last two years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'd add our QB to the rising category.  Yeah, I know, 4 INTs, but he has looked rather sharp from the first preseason game until now.  He's looking much better than the last two years.

Agreed. I’ve been arguing with people on another (non-football) site about Dalton a lot this season. I get down on him at times but I see claims that he’s the “25th best QB in the league” and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a totally fair comparison...

I compared him more to Alex Smith and was told Smith “is miles better.”

Dalton 65-45-2 88.8 PR 175 TD 98 INT

Smith 90-63-1 87.7 PR 187 TD 97 INT

Seems close to me...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. I’ve been arguing with people on another (non-football) site about Dalton a lot this season. I get down on him at times but I see claims that he’s the “25th best QB in the league” and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a totally fair comparison...

I compared him more to Alex Smith and was told Smith “is miles better.”

Dalton 65-45-2 88.8 PR 175 TD 98 INT

Smith 90-63-1 87.7 PR 187 TD 97 INT

Seems close to me...

Seems like a legit comparison to me.  No way he's 25th.....last two seasons?  Closer to that, for sure those two seasons, but not when he has at least decent protection.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Rising:
Boyd, Vigil, AD, Lazor

Dropping:
Lawson, Dre K, Williams, Austin

Added an extra for coaches  Mellow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For everyone penalizing the DEs like Lawson and Willis, the panty-waste scheme our DC is running allows the opposing QB quick strike, uncontested options.  The DEs can't get home if the ball is out quickly.  They were awesome against Baltimore until they played sissy ball the second half (typical Marv).  

I just can't stand the "don't beat us deep, but here is the underneath, low-risk, shit all day long".  It is as though we expect the QB to make errant throws to wide open players and have it go off their hands so we can pick it off where we are standing 5 yards behind the receiver.

I am so sick of our sissy defensive scheme.  Get a coach with some balls and get after people.  Your D might actually play more inspired if they do more than just tackle someone after a 10 yard gain.

Me 2  :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For everyone penalizing the DEs like Lawson and Willis, the panty-waste scheme our DC is running allows the opposing QB quick strike, uncontested options.  The DEs can't get home if the ball is out quickly.  They were awesome against Baltimore until they played sissy ball the second half (typical Marv).  

I just can't stand the "don't beat us deep, but here is the underneath, low-risk, shit all day long".  It is as though we expect the QB to make errant throws to wide open players and have it go off their hands so we can pick it off where we are standing 5 yards behind the receiver.

I am so sick of our sissy defensive scheme.  Get a coach with some balls and get after people.  Your D might actually play more inspired if they do more than just tackle someone after a 10 yard gain.

Austn is nothing more than a Merv puppet. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Austn is nothing more than a Merv puppet. 

Bert and Ernie have been in the News lately.

Is Merv "just friends" with them ?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  They were awesome against Baltimore until they played sissy ball the second half (typical Marv).  

They did not change their scheme for the second half.
Reply/Quote
Jackson is probably being lulled to sleep because the opposing QB is always throwing at Dre.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: you are either getting better or worse.

heres my 3 of each

Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

yeah I said Lawson cause he hasnt done anything since preseason. no sacks no forced fumbles..

In my opinion Hardy Nickerson was/is on the bottom and cant really fall.  He's done nothing in his pro career except get run over when he's in the correct spot to make a tackle.

Yes Ross is falling like a rock which is unfortunate.  Im not sure we are using him properly and he may be best suited for some quick slants in space and let him go from there.  He doesnt look comfortable or confident on the deep balls.

Carl Lawson will be fine, the problem now is he's a known commodity and teams are using double teams to hold him in check.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Add Billings to the hit the ground list.

Sad
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to bump this so folks see how they did:

Think I nailed it with Bates/ Boyd/ Billings

Push with Boling/ WJIII

Missed with Hart

How'd you do?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to bump this so folks see how they did:

Think I nailed it with Bates/ Boyd/ Billings

Push with Boling/ WJIII

Missed with Hart

How'd you do?

I disagree with Billings he had a very good season. He was second in run stops by an interior defensive linemen in the second half of the year.

He's never going to be that "elite" guy because he's not a pass rusher and gets pulled on passing downs but as a 2 down nose he's solid.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: you are either getting better or worse.

heres my 3 of each

Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

yeah I said Lawson cause he hasnt done anything since preseason. no sacks no forced fumbles..

Wait, don't you have to be good to fall and bad to rise?  

Mixon was great even as a rookie.  Agree on Boyd but he had sophomore slumps.  Nickerson was not really that good.  And Lawson has been injured.

Then there is the conundrum of Ross. Some will say he only showed flashes during preseason, but nothing really during the regular season due to lack of snaps and injuries.   Ross did exhibit an exceptional TD-reception ratio.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 09:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wait, don't you have to be good to fall and bad to rise?  

Mixon was great even as a rookie.  Agree on Boyd but he had sophomore slumps.  Nickerson was not really that good.  And Lawson has been injured.

Then there is the conundrum of Ross. Some will say he only showed flashes during preseason, but nothing really during the regular season due to lack of snaps and injuries.   Ross did exhibit an exceptional TD-reception ratio.  

True, he did do that.  However, if you look at his targets/catch ratio, it points to a much different picture.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11699

Quote:ANALYSIS
Though he's dealing with the noodle arm of Jeff Driskel, Ross isn't blame-free for his poor catch ratio. In fact, Ross has the lowest catch percentage among qualified receivers for the season at 36.21 percent. Given how much time he's missed due to injury so far as a pro, some patience is warranted with Ross, but his Year 3 season in 2019 will be critical.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote