Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
3 Site Simulation no trades
I ran a simulation on three different simulators, Pro Football Network, Mock Draft Database, and Fan Speak (did not use PFF because you now must subscribe to do a 7 round simulation). No trades took place in these simulations to see how similar or different they turned out. I used the classic or regular settings for each simulator and on Fan Speak I used the Joe Goodberry Big Board and Steve Shoup team needs. Following is how each turned out.
Reply/Quote
Pro Football Network

Reply/Quote
Mock Draft Database

Reply/Quote
Fan Speak

Reply/Quote
Love the PFN (very much) and Fanspeak, Bengals hardly trade anyways. I really believe the biggest difference maker for our championship team is improving our pass rush. Especially with our fellow AFC North buddies stocking up on big name receivers. Van Ness dropping to us is a gift, Forbes is super bonus gravy!!! And then getting a good TE and RB and Redmond..... man, I hope this happens. Good job!
Reply/Quote
I really dig the PFN mock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: I really dig the PFN mock.

I do as well but I don't believe that any of them would really upset me.
Reply/Quote
PFN can get obscene results. Here is one where I came up at #28, Nolan Smith, Wright, Kancey, Mayer, Kincaid, and Forbes were ALL still there. I traded down twice (to #30 and then #35) to pick up 2 extra picks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

#35: Wright, OT
#60: Forbes, CB
#79: LaPorta, TE
#90: Mingo, WR
#94: Miller, RB
#131: Tice, CB
#163: Zavala, OG
#206: Diaby, EDGE
#256: Strange, TE

I know I broke the trade rule, but I just thought the options presented were unnaturally good. I got 7 guys who are top 100 guys in my book (and ESPN's) + Zavala & Diaby. In real life I'd have just ran to the podium and taken Wright.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: PFN can get obscene results. Here is one where I came up at #28, Nolan Smith, Wright, Kancey, Mayer, Kincaid, and Forbes were ALL still there. I traded down twice (to #30 and then #35) to pick up 2 extra picks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

#35: Wright, OT
#60: Forbes, CB
#79: LaPorta, TE
#90: Mingo, WR
#94: Miller, RB  
#131: Tice, CB  
#163: Zavala, OG
#206: Diaby, EDGE
#256: Strange, TE

I know I broke the trade rule, but I just thought the options presented were unnaturally good. I got 7 guys who are top 100 guys in my book (and ESPN's) + Zavala & Diaby. In real life I'd have just ran to the podium and taken Wright.

Oh I certainly agree with you and I run most of my simulations on MockDraftDatabase as I think their prospect rankings and the draft simulations are about the most realistic out there. PFF seems to consider their rankings far too much over the consensus of others and they also cut their simulator off to 7 round mocks at times unless you subscribe. Guess Chris needs some more money.

I would ecstatic with the MDD results that the Bengals ended up with in this trio.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh I certainly agree with you and I run most of my simulations on MockDraftDatabase as I think their prospect rankings and the draft simulations are about the most realistic out there. PFF seems to consider their rankings far too much over the consensus of others and they also cut their simulator off to 7 round mocks at times unless you subscribe. Guess Chris needs some more money.

I would ecstatic with the MDD results that the Bengals ended up with in this trio.

The new ESPN mock draft simulation is interesting in that for every pick you make, they present you with percentage odds the player would be available at that pick and the odds that would be available for the next round.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 10:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: The new ESPN mock draft simulation is interesting in that for every pick you make, they present you with percentage odds the player would be available at that pick and the odds that would be available for the next round.

ESPN has definitely updated for the most realistic draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:48 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Fan Speak

All of these are more than decent and make us better.

Zavala and Sanders are the only 2 that may be unrealistic, which is great considering 3 full drafts.  Im a huge Sanders fan, we get him we could go back to a true 4-3.

Trice could be a killer in zone, definitely not a man replacement for Awuzie next year. We might be one of the few teams that actually keep him at CB.

Reply/Quote