Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Things Bengals new Regime Needs to do
I think they need to bring both TE's back and perhaps draft one early. I hate to say this, and I know we all agree, but you just can't count on Eifert next year. I don't think Kroft and Uzomah are going to break the bank either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 12:21 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think they need to bring both TE's back and perhaps draft one early. I hate to say this, and I know we all agree, but you just can't count on Eifert next year. I don't think Kroft and Uzomah are going to break the bank either.

I hate to say it too, but it's true.  It sucks.  The guy is a GREAT talent, wanted to come back here, and did so rather cheaply considering the talent level, and make it up to the team and the fans.  I really and truly hate it for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Vigil is not star, but he is a starter on most teams.

hahahha.  We have the worst LB's in the NFL and hes not even what I would say is a starter on our team.  He wasnt slated for a starting role fo us last year.  How would he start anywhere else?  If we cut him tomorrow I bet he would get into somebodys camp but I wouldent even bet on him making a roster.  This dude is not a starter and if he is a starter on your team than your defense is likely to be terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 04:11 PM)mikey6866 Wrote:  
hahahha.  We have the worst LB's in the NFL and hes not even what I would say is a starter on our team.  He wasnt slated for a starting role fo us last year.  How would he start anywhere else?  If we cut him tomorrow I bet he would get into somebodys camp but I wouldent even bet on him making a roster.  This dude is not a starter and if he is a starter on your team than your defense is likely to be terrible.

Well thanks for proving how much you really know about Vigil and playing LB.
Nick played at least 97% of the snaps in 8 of his ten games in 2018.  So in your "expert" LMAO opinion why is he "not even what you would say is a starter" for the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well thanks for proving how much you really know about Vigil and playing LB.
Nick played at least 97% of the snaps in 8 of his ten games in 2018.  So in your "expert" LMAO opinion why is he "not even what you would say is a starter" for the Bengals?

No thank you for proving my point.  He.played those snaps and was essentially "starting" due to injuries/ burfict being suspended to start season so we were in a position where he would be starting.  Had we not had so many injuries/ issues a lb he would not have been starting. Just like every other 4-3 team out there pretty much everybody in the nfl base defense has moved to the nickle which means that we had burfict and brown as the starters and vinny rey, vigil, and evans fighting for snaps off the bench. Most teams are in some sort of nickle d over 70 percent of the time. Btw how did he do playing 97 percent of the snaps? Lol.  He was dreadful.  Teams targeted our lb core and ate our lbs up every game.  We couldnt cover any backs and couldent stop the run because our lbs were so bad.

Here is our "starting" lineup last year. Just let me know where vigil fits in.

DE: Carlos Dunlap
DT: Geno
DT: Billings
DE: Johnson
LB: Burfict
LB: Brown
CB: Dre
CB: wjIII
CB: Dennard
S: Bates
S: Williams

Thats 11 and I dont see Vigil listed. Explain to me how Vigil was slated to be a starter. Was he starting over brown or burfict? Nah. Either that or you dont consider Dennard a starter when all 3 of our CBS are on the field almost every play. Where a strong side backer may only get about 30% of the snaps. By your logic I guess Driskel is a starter too cause Dalton got hurt so now he's a "starter". He played over 97% of snaps for like 6 weeks.

I just realized you were the ben mcadoo supporter. I cant take you seriously anymore. Hopefully vigil and mcadoo can link up in the xfl so you can continue to enjoy horrible players and coaches. Lol
Reply/Quote
tl;dr?

1. Win
2. Win
3. Win
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 12:13 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Explain to me how Vigil was slated to be a starter.  Was he starting over brown or burfict?  Nah. 

Wrong.

Game 5 was the only one where Burfict, Vigil, and Brown all played the full game.  Vigil played more snaps (45) than Brown (42) or Bufict (35)

Vigil and Brown both played in games 1 and 4 before Burfict returned.  Brown played 46 snaps in each of those games while Vigil played 80 and 70.

By an amazing coincidence Burfict and Brown combined to play almost exactly the same number of snaps (673) as Vigil (672).  Vigil had 84 tackles and 5 Tackles for loss.  Burfict and Brown combined for 75 tackles and 1 tackle for loss.

As for pass coverage none of them looked good.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

Game 5 was the only one where Burfict, Vigil, and Brown all played the full game.  Vigil played more snaps (45) than Brown (42) or Bufict (35)

Vigil and Brown both played in games 1 and 4 before Burfict returned.  Brown played 46 snaps in each of those games while Vigil played 80 and 70.

By an amazing coincidence Burfict and Brown combined to play almost exactly the same number of snaps (673) as Vigil (672).  Vigil had 84 tackles and 5 Tackles for loss.  Burfict and Brown combined for 75 tackles and 1 tackle for loss.

As for pass coverage none of them looked good.

You keep coming back to his snaps.  He was not and did not start over burfict or brown based on him being a better player and your arguement is silly.  I guess ill have to rehash this one more time.  Brown got hurt week 1 so of course vigil got the snaps as outlined to you several times already.  Vigil was not starting over brown or burfict.  Burfict was never the same last season and missed a ton of snaps and that is why vigil saw the field more.  Its not a secret as to why vigil saw so many snaps last year.  He was terrible with the snaps he was given as were every single lb on the roster.  This does not make vigil a starting lb in the league.  You can quote how many snaps he plays each game as much as you want...the sad part is it does nothing to solidify any part of your arguement.  Anybody who is a bengals fan already knows why he had to play so much last year... except you I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 05:34 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: You keep coming back to his snaps.  He was not and did not start over burfict or brown based on him being a better player and your arguement is silly.  I guess ill have to rehash this one more time.  Brown got hurt week 1 so of course vigil got the snaps as outlined to you several times already.  Vigil was not starting over brown or burfict.  Burfict was never the same last season and missed a ton of snaps and that is why vigil saw the field more.  Its not a secret as to why vigil saw so many snaps last year.  He was terrible with the snaps he was given as were every single lb on the roster.  This does not make vigil a starting lb in the league.  You can quote how many snaps he plays each game as much as you want...the sad part is it does nothing to solidify any part of your arguement.  Anybody who is a bengals fan already knows why he had to play so much last year... except you I guess.

Now you are just talking gibberish.  You claim Burfict played less than Vigil becuase Burfict was terrible last year, but somehow that proves that Burfict was better than Vigil and starting ahead of him?  That makes no sense at all.

No one cares if Burfict used to be better than Vigil.  He wasn't last year and neither was Brown.

Vigil had 84 tackles and 5 tackles for loss in just 10 games.  Projected over a full 16 games that is 134 tackles and 8 tackles for loss.  Only 5 LBs had more than 134 tackles and only 11 had more than 8 TFL.

I am not saying Vigil is a star, but he starts on most NFL teams.

And you may not agree with my numbers, but so far you have posted ZERO numbers to back up your claim. Why should your opinion carry any weigth?  What are your credentials that give any value to your opinion?
Reply/Quote
Last year was such a huge hit with injuries. Guys like Lawson and Glawgow were only getting better. Nick Vigil is a good rotational OLB and backup. We can all agree that the last two years with a new LB coach probably hurt him and hopefully they can get some more production out of him with better coaching. Obviously, LB is the biggest need on this team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now you are just talking gibberish.  You claim Burfict played less than Vigil becuase Burfict was terrible last year, but somehow that proves that Burfict was better than Vigil and starting ahead of him?  That makes no sense at all.

No one cares if Burfict used to be better than Vigil.  He wasn't last year and neither was Brown.

Vigil had 84 tackles and 5 tackles for loss in just 10 games.  Projected over a full 16 games that is 134 tackles and 8 tackles for loss.  Only 5 LBs had more than 134 tackles and only 11 had more than 8 TFL.

I am not saying Vigil is a star, but he starts on most NFL teams.

And you may not agree with my numbers, but so far you have posted ZERO numbers to back up your claim. Why should your opinion carry any weigth?  What are your credentials that give any value to your opinion?
My goodness is this unbearable.  I gotta bow out at this point.  Discussing basics is above your head my man.  Btw just curious have you ever been wrong before?  Youre right vigil would start on most teams..I guess only time will show you how wrong you are.

Ps arent you the fella that told everybody over and over how well respected paul alexander was around the league and how great of a coach he was.  Hows that lookin??
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 07:43 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Ps arent you the fella that told everybody over and over how well respected paul alexander was around the league and how great of a coach he was.  Hows that lookin??

I am the guy who said Paul Alexander had to go after the 2017 season after the failures of Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine wrecked our O-line.

And Paul Alexander was well respected enough around the league to immediately get a new job.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am the guy who said Paul Alexander had to go after the 2017 season after the failures of Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine wrecked our O-line.

And Paul Alexander was well respected enough around the league to immediately get a new job.

His level of respect was revealed by how long he lasted in said job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 11:25 AM)McC Wrote: His level of respect was revealed by how long he lasted in said job.

His efficiency at his job the last few years is the reason he did not last long.  But there is no denying that his success throughout his career had earned respect.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His efficiency at his job the last few years is the reason he did not last long.  But there is no denying that his success throughout his career had earned respect.

There's also no denying how his own failure destroyed that respect.  Who cares if he was respected years ago?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:30 PM)McC Wrote:  Who cares if he was respected years ago?

I do if people are yapping at me for respecting him years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do if people are yapping at me for respecting him years ago.

The fact that it was years ago does kind of diminish its relevance in the here and now, don't you think?  Maybe put it in the hot button drawer for a nice long rest and walk out into the sunshine of a new day.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 07:43 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: My goodness is this unbearable.  I gotta bow out at this point.  Discussing basics is above your head my man.  Btw just curious have you ever been wrong before?  Youre right vigil would start on most teams..I guess only time will show you how wrong you are.

Ps arent you the fella that told everybody over and over how well respected paul alexander was around the league and how great of a coach he was.  Hows that lookin??

Reps my good man and yes Fred ALWAYS apologized for PA and Marv more than anyone....

He thinks every coach in the NFL is smarter than every one of us peasant fans who live, breath, sweat and bleed to pay our hard earned money to watch this game every year. I know, i don't get paid millions of dollars to coach but i damn sure would give it my all and would know more than to teach Lineman just to know how to pour ketchup than to run block.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:51 PM)McC Wrote:  Maybe put it in the hot button drawer for a nice long rest and walk out into the sunshine of a new day.

Why you telling me?  I wasn't the one who brought him up. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why you telling me?  I wasn't the one who brought him up. 

Vigil had 17 tackles week 17.  Projected over the entire year that would be 272 tackles!!! Like that somehow justifies that he is a good player.  Statistacally the 17 tackle game would look great on a stat sheet unless you actually watched the game and see he had so many tackles because ben identified him as such a big weakness he consistantly isolated and targeted vigil to complete easy passes over and over.  He had so many tackles because of how bad of a liability he is in the 1st place.
Reply/Quote