Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Things Bengals new Regime Needs to do
(01-27-2019, 03:00 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Vigil had 17 tackles week 17.  Projected over the entire year that would be 272 tackles!!! Like that somehow justifies that he is a good player.  Statistacally the 17 tackle game would look great on a stat sheet unless you actually watched the game and see he had so many tackles because ben identified him as such a big weakness he consistantly isolated and targeted vigil to complete easy passes over and over.  He had so many tackles because of how bad of a liability he is in the 1st place.

He did have 9 tackles on completed passes, but I don't know how many times he was targeted.  Four of the nine were for five yards or less and only 2 of the 9 were for greater than 7 yds.  So he was giving up completions, but he was keeping everything in front oif him.

ALL our LBs struggled in pass coverage.  I am looking forward to seeing some numbers, but FootballOutsiders doesn't release their almanac until the summer. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Vigil is a 4th LB on alot of teams.
he couldnt start for any other AFC North team.
if Vigil is your best LB then thats a red flag.
hes improved his open field tackling. but his coverage skills lack and he struggles to shed. hes not a game change ala Odell Thurman
I let Kroft walk. resign Uzomah. get Eifert on the cheap but draft a TE that can give you serious YAC.
Id even sign FA TE..ask the Steelers and Colts how that method worked out.
Totally disagree on Vigil, he would be 2nd best LB on Browns and better than Bostic steelers, and right there as 4th best ravens
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
TEs don't seem to play a pure pass catching role in the Ram's offense, from what I understood. Im not saying Z.Taylor runs the same offense, but...

Tyler Higbee had 24 receptions
Everett had 33
Mundt had 1

Uzomah had 43.... so worrying about TEs would not be a priority in my book. And as I said in a previous post, Eifert doesn't seem to fit the mold of a blocker 1st, pass catcher 2nd.
Reply/Quote