Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 games
(01-11-2016, 10:49 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Yes that's very true. To be honest, I wouldn't be mad if the Bengals let him go. The ironic thing is next man up behind Burfict is PJ Dawson, who they described as basically another Vontaze Burfict Ninja ...

Don't know if  PJ could be described as another Burfict. He's got some athleticism, but Burfict has that special edge that came out in his rookie year.  PJ couldn't break into the 2nd string at LB and was regulated to special teams.  I wonder if something just hasn't clicked for Dawson as he transitioned from college to the NFL.  I made comparisons between Dawson and Nico Johnson earlier this year and was boo'd some.  Now as we are done.  I really didn't see much difference between the two in their rookie years.   Maybe things will click for Dawson in 2016.  
Reply/Quote
Deserved, but hopefully some additional equally deserved suspensions to follow.  Looks like the NFL is going to make an example of the Steelers-Bengals games this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:55 PM)mroudfly Wrote: It'll be appealed I'm sure. 3 games is the wrong play by the NFL. Harrison was the biggest repeat offender, and the most he got was what? 1 game in 2011?

The hit was a penalty - wont argue that. If AB doesn't duck into it, he hits him in the waist area and by no means was he trying to injure him. But then again, the NFL is the most corrupt organization in the country for a reason. So the odds now of the Bengals playing the Steelers in the first 3 weeks will go up after Rooney blows Goodell.

Rooney isn't like that. I'm sure he prefers to toss his salad.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burfict got benched in college for this kind of thing and blamed his coaches for his failures. I have to assume the Bengals have been addressing this behind the since they signed him, and he still hasn't learned. Every player is going to bait him and the refs are going flag everything he does wrong plus anything he does they just don't like. He was a huge risk to sign, but it doesn't cost anything to cut a UFDA. That's different than continuing to support him after all he does. Not to mention his actions late in games led to 2 of the 5 losses this season. At this point, it would be harder for the Bengals to keep him around.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This is Burfict 10th offense. He's on his rookie contract. Harrion's suspension came on his 5th or 6th offense, and he's still at 6.

It's because he's old and sucks since his 6th.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
When Burfict tried to take out Matt Barkley's knees in high school, was he still committed to USC (the same school as Barkley), or was that after he committed to ASU?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:55 PM)mroudfly Wrote:  Harrison was the biggest repeat offender,

He was a Bengal when he did some of that wasn't he?
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:00 AM)Vambo Wrote: He was a Bengal when he did some of that wasn't he?

Harrison didn't do anything in Cincinnati. Penalty-wise or other
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:35 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Harrison didn't do anything in Cincinnati. Penalty-wise or other

He taught Burfict to be (more) nasty and helped Rey M get past some of his mental hurdles.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:21 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Burfict got benched in college for this kind of thing and blamed his coaches for his failures. I have to assume the Bengals have been addressing this behind the since they signed him, and he still hasn't learned. Every player is going to bait him and the refs are going flag everything he does wrong plus anything he does they just don't like.  He was a huge risk to sign, but it doesn't cost anything to cut a UFDA. That's different than continuing to support him after all he does. Not to mention his actions late in games led to 2 of the 5 losses this season. At this point, it would be harder for the Bengals to keep him around.

yeah harrison had been a bengal like burfict you'd be saying the same thing about him. truth is the truth isn't told very often. even you steeler fans know that much. not that it's simply an imperfect world. it's just a dumbass place to live. really. just is what it is. also we're all thugs in bengal and steeler land according to ev1 else around football land. fist mouf.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:01 AM)WildCat Wrote: yeah harrison had been a bengal like burfict you'd be saying the same thing about him. truth is the truth isn't told very often. even you steeler fans know that much. not that it's simply an imperfect world. it's just a dumbass place to live. really. just is what it is. also we're all thugs in bengal and steeler land according to ev1 else around football land. fist mouf.

Harrison was a Bengal and he didn't get flagged for anything and no one called him dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This is Burfict 10th offense. He's on his rookie contract. Harrion's suspension came on his 5th or 6th offense, and he's still at 6.

Speaking of ignoring facts.

Burfict must have one hell of an agent to get the kind of money he's gotten on his rookie contract. 
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Speaking of ignoring facts.

Burfict must have one hell of an agent to get the kind of money he's gotten on his rookie contract. 

Without looking up the numbers I had read yesterday the Bengals got him a little on the cheap side?  Same with Pacman?

I'll have too find that if I can, but I don't know what his contract is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Speaking of ignoring facts.

Okay, he's 1 year into his second contract, but his rookie contract was only a 3 year deal.
Reply/Quote
What's crazy is some of the Bengals fans comprehension. Many think he was suspended only because of the hit on AB.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: Without looking up the numbers I had read yesterday the Bengals got him a little on the cheap side?  Same with Pacman?

I'll have too find that if I can, but I don't know what his contract is.

He's on a new contract. 

3 games is a lot so hopefully the Steelers can quit crying now.  Well at least until they have to play the big meanie again.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's on a new contract. 

3 games is a lot so hopefully the Steelers can quit crying now.  Well at least until they have to play the big meanie again.  

I'm pretty sure the Steelers love playing against Burfict. He's like Heath Miller - an easy first down when the Steelers need it the most.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Steelers love playing against Burfict. He's like Heath Miller - an easy first down when the Steelers need it the most.

No.  Since being a Steeler fan makes you as tough as a Steeler, and you guys have been crying like little girls for going on three days, I have to do that A=B, B=C then A=C thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's on a new contract. 

Pointing out that the Bengals best player is also a knucklehead who can't control his emotions is crying?

Did I stumble in to JN?
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Pointing out that the Bengals best player is also a knucklehead who can't control his emotions is crying?

Did I stumble in to JN?

No but I suggested making a Steeler equivalent so you guys could console each other in private.  It's OK.  The big mean man won't be around again for at least 8 months.

Reply/Quote