Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 more draft picks sign
Tycen Anderson, Cam Taylor-Britt, and Jeffrey Gunter have all agreed to contracts. Carter and Volson left to go.

I do not miss the days of prolonged and stressful contract negotiations

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: Tycen Anderson, Cam Taylor-Britt, and Jeffrey Gunter have all agreed to contracts.   Carter and Volson left to go.

You mean like first round picks holding out as if they were actually all worth more than they thought they were worth? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: Tycen Anderson, Cam Taylor-Britt, and Jeffrey Gunter have all agreed to contracts.   Carter and Volson left to go.

Holding out all through most of preseason, then immediately breaking their foot wasn't fun?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: I do not miss the days of prolonged and stressful contract negotiations

To this day, that is the only achievement that I will openly give praise to Roger Goodell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 03:53 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: To this day, that is the only achievement that I will openly give praise to Roger Goodell.

Same. Everything else is bogus pretty much but this was a great move by the NFL and him.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 03:53 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: To this day, that is the only achievement that I will openly give praise to Roger Goodell.

(05-21-2022, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same. Everything else is bogus pretty much but this was a great move by the NFL and him.

I really don't because any person with a shred of common sense would have had it done years ago.

Just go to the NFLPA and say "do you want to keep letting rookies sign contracts making a lot more money than you before even taking a snap while also taking up salary cap space, so robbing you of opportunities to make more money?"

I am glad that it got done and that rookies are getting to work sooner and there's no drama (relatively speaking).
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I really don't because any person with a shred of common sense would have had it done years ago.

Just go to the NFLPA and say "do you want to keep letting rookies sign contracts making a lot more money than you before even taking a snap while also taking up salary cap space, so robbing you of opportunities to make more money?"

I am glad that it got done and that rookies are getting to work sooner and there's no drama (relatively speaking).

Yeah, good point. Just saying at least they did it. Not a badge of honor or anything for Goodell as he has pretty much tried to 
destroy the NFL since he got in and made tons of dough in doing so. The NFLPA probably was the reason it got done anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, good point. Just saying at least they did it. Not a badge of honor or anything for Goodell as he has pretty much tried to 
destroy the NFL since he got in and made tons of dough in doing so. The NFLPA probably was the reason it got done anyways.

I agree. 

It makes no sense why the vets didn't push for it sooner because rookies for the reasons I mentioned (making more money than them before taking a snap and taking up salary cap space that could be used for vets).
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 12:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Holding out all through most of preseason, then immediately breaking their foot wasn't fun?

At least we will always have that shirtless 40
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: At least we will always have that shirtless 40

Every time i get that image washed from my memory, you people pull me back in! Rant 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote