Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another indictment of Turner
(11-26-2020, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying anything about firing Turner, I'm just talking about this guy. Played D3 and Arena. If he was such a great lineman, wouldn't he have at least played D-1? If he was such a great coach, wouldn't he at least have an assistant level job in the NFL? He's a salesman criticizing someone who coaches well above any level he personally reached, probably hoping to get a job. 

Who cares what level he played? Some of the best coaches never played at a high level, and plenty of great players were terrible coaches. You can try and discredit the guy all you want, but again, he’s well respected in the field. It took me all of about a minute of research to get the scoop on the guy.

https://theathletic.com/1674861/2020/03/16/duke-manyweather-offensive-line-nfl-college-high-school-coach-trainer-ol-masterminds-twitter-instagram/

https://youtu.be/kPgdDwivhV8

I’m sure you wouldn’t be questioning his credibility had I posted that he talked up Adeniji.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who cares what level he played? Some of the best coaches never played at a high level, and plenty of great players were terrible coaches. You can try and discredit the guy all you want, but again, he’s well respected in the field. It took me all of about a minute of research to get the scoop on the guy.

https://theathletic.com/1674861/2020/03/16/duke-manyweather-offensive-line-nfl-college-high-school-coach-trainer-ol-masterminds-twitter-instagram/

https://youtu.be/kPgdDwivhV8

I’m sure you wouldn’t be questioning his credibility had I posted that he talked up Adeniji.

Uh, yeah, I would. And like I said, he's not even coaching at an assistant level. Why?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So why did he call Prince a thug? He hasn't called Hopkins, Hart, Jordan, Spain, Adeniji or any other linemen a thug as far as we know, and they are all African American. Could it be Prince was acting like a thug? I don't know a thing about Prince. (and thug has been around for a long time, with the definition of a violent person, especially a criminal...... long before someone decided it was a racist word)

Is there any length you won’t go to to defend this team? I’m shocked even the biggest homer would stick up for Jim Turner. Especially only a couple days after that story about the toxic culture here just broke.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, yeah, I would. And like I said, he's not even coaching at an assistant level. Why?

Maybe he makes more money doing his private thing? Maybe he doesn’t want to travel? Maybe he just hasn’t got the opportunity? How the hell should I know. The fact that he’s not a position coach in the NFL means nothing. NFL players obviously value what he does considering how many of them he trains.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is there any length you won’t go to to defend this team? I’m shocked even the biggest homer would stick up for Jim Turner. Especially only a couple days after that story about the toxic culture here just broke.

It's not about sticking up for Turner, I could really not give a flying flip about him. It's about being able to decipher BS and using reasoning. Out of all the AA linemen on this team, he calls only one of them a thug. Why, is it because of his skin color or is it because he was doing or saying something thuglike? And yeah, the unamed sources. Color me unimpressed with that story.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not about sticking up for Turner, I could really not give a flying flip about him. It's about being able to decipher BS and using reasoning. Out of all the AA linemen on this team, he calls only one of them a thug. Why, is it because of his skin color or is it because he was doing or saying something thuglike? And yeah, the unamed sources. Color me unimpressed with that story.

But there’s multiple other “stories” with Turner over the years. Guy is a POS.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But there’s multiple other “stories” with Turner over the years. Guy is a POS.

Not saying he isn't. I have no investment in Turner. I just call BS where I see it. The whole Prince deal smells to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not saying he isn't. I have no investment in Turner. I just call BS where I see it. The whole Prince deal smells to me.

Yet you're the only one willing to die on the hill defending the turd.  You've A: tried to crap on a private OL coach that literally got paid to help 20 percent of the linemen selected in the past draft on top of dozens of others in the league.  Not good enough for you though.  Not sure what your criteria for knowing football are, but maybe you need to get through to these couple of hundred OL that actually play at the highest level and warn them that this guy is just a poster on twitter stirring the pot.

And then B, you're wasting time on whitesplaining why thug isn't an offensive word to be used toward a black man in a professional environment.  Every HR department that gets paid to keep their companies from getting sued over things like this disagrees.  You may not find it offensive or like it, but that's the way it is, and a guy in that position should have the sense to know how it's going to look if it gets out into public view.  Unfortunately, Jim is an idiot.

All for Jim effing Turner, lol.  All to make sure we get to keep a total trash coach in the fold because Zac used to go to the titty bar with him in Miami, lol.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 01:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, yeah, I would. And like I said, he's not even coaching at an assistant level. Why?

Tom House has never coached in the league.  He's a baseball guy by trade.  Does that mean he's not a guy that qbs should go to for offseason training?  You're hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:19 PM)samhain Wrote: Yet you're the only one willing to die on the hill defending the turd.  You've A: tried to crap on a private OL coach that literally got paid to help 20 percent of the linemen selected in the past draft on top of dozens of others in the league.  Not good enough for you though.  Not sure what your criteria for knowing football are, but maybe you need to get through to these couple of hundred OL that actually play at the highest level and warn them that this guy is just a poster on twitter stirring the pot.

And then B, you're wasting time on whitesplaining why thug isn't an offensive word to be used toward a black man in a professional environment.  Every HR department that gets paid to keep their companies from getting sued over things like this disagrees.  You may not find it offensive or like it, but that's the way it is, and a guy in that position should have the sense to know how it's going to look if it gets out into public view.  Unfortunately, Jim is an idiot.

All for Jim effing Turner, lol.  All to make sure we get to keep a total trash coach in the fold because Zac used to go to the titty bar with him in Miami, lol.  

I'm not "whitesplaining" anything. I understand the definition of thug, and am well aware of it's "acquired" connotation. You fail to answer my question, did he call Prince a thug because he is A)  AA, or B) because he was doing or saying something thuglike? If it's the former, why doesn't he use it towards his other AA linemen, and if it's B, then who cares? And again, if they fire Turner I don't really care.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:25 PM)samhain Wrote: Tom House has never coached in the league.  He's a baseball guy by trade.  Does that mean he's not a guy that qbs should go to for offseason training?  You're hilarious.

Tom House coaches throwing motion. Tom House played in the Majors. Red Herring.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:19 PM)samhain Wrote: Yet you're the only one willing to die on the hill defending the turd.  You've A: tried to crap on a private OL coach that literally got paid to help 20 percent of the linemen selected in the past draft on top of dozens of others in the league.  Not good enough for you though.  Not sure what your criteria for knowing football are, but maybe you need to get through to these couple of hundred OL that actually play at the highest level and warn them that this guy is just a poster on twitter stirring the pot.

And you, and others, seemingly just jump on any story criticizing the Bengals without any critical thinking at all, because it just fits your narrative. You want all the coaches fired, so you are willing to take unnamed sources as credible, and listen to someone who's never done it critcize a man who's done it for years, and take what he says as gospel. And then, you get pissy when someone calls them out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And you, and others, seemingly just jump on any story criticizing the Bengals without any critical thinking at all, because it just fits your narrative. You want all the coaches fired, so you are willing to take unnamed sources as credible, and listen to someone who's never done it critcize a man who's done it for years, and take what he says as gospel. And then, you get pissy when someone calls them out. 

Because you calling him out is a joke.  He's respected and the respect comes in the form of dollars and continued growing base of clients.  He does not rely on favoritism as Turner does to earn his respect, which he seems to have around the league, save for a few remnants of the Jim Turner fan club, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tom House coaches throwing motion. Tom House played in the Majors. Red Herring.

Majors ie baseball, not football.  Never had a NFL job.  He's not even an assistant on any team's staff. You have clearly established this as very important.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Willie actually replied to that tweet. People will have up decipher what he meant (eyes emoji) for themselves...

I remember in 2017 he specifically said if asked to he'd love to coach the Bengals. He seems to love us, but for some reason the Brown family was hesitant to hire him.

But it's probably not fair to blame the Brown family on this one cause I believe they let the coach fully decide his own staff. So it's more accurate to say both Lewis and Taylor were hesitant to hire him.

Cause if I remember the Brown family actually wanted Del Rio, but Zac wanted to go with what was familiar in Lou.

The Brown family would actually probably love to have him in the fold. They better want to reward player's that actually love the franchise, otherwise I'm gonna have another issue with them.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote