Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3 players stock up and stock down from KC game
(08-11-2019, 03:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: I’m not sure how much a stock up/down means right now. Especially on defense where it seemed (and ZT confirmed and was NOT happy about it) they were playing tentative and way too far off the ball. but...

Falling:

Nickerson
Jefferson
Shawn Williams

Rising:

Price
Phillips at CB
Finley
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:52 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Jefferson was down before the game so not really any further down. He is clearly a bust at this point.

Must’ve been too much free Pizza Hut. lol
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Stock up
Hopkins
Tate
Finely

stock down
Driskel
Jerry
Phillips.

Phillips was terrific at DB just horrible as punt returner.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stocks Rising:

Tate
A. Brown
Finley

Stocks Falling:

Jefferson (needs to be released, maybe someone else can fix him)
Jerry (this year's Redmond)
Driskel (Sell now!)
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Rising:
McRae
Brown
Finley

Falling:
Driskel
Lou
Simmons

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 04:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rising:
McRae
Brown
Finley

Falling:
Driskel
Lou
Simmons

insult to injury....we passed on Mack Wilson and watching him blow things up for Brownies.....
need to move on from Jefferson and the other obvious no expected improvement guys.
Better players  will be available during final cut down week. How did Devon Bush do??
Glad too see Andrew Brown coming along...had high hopes for him.   

Reply/Quote
Rising
MJ - He should be the starting LG
Andrew Brown - He has surpassed Willis
Finley - Time to get him almost all of the #2 snaps

Falling
Jerry - Two penalties is a bad start, no upside to ride that type of shit out.
Lippett - Not doing himself any favors, this may be his last go round
Justin Evans - So bad he is blowing his chance to even make the practice squad
Reply/Quote
First PS game doesn't really tell us a whole lot. They're still just moving beyond the opening of training camp for the most part. I think give em another game or two and then reevaluate.. That said, I didn't watch the game. Instead I watched the Reds trounce the Cubs only to fail today.. Oh well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Malik should go ahead and take a bus to the nearest practice squad.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: In a game full of backups you picked Dalton.  Amazing.

If he plays well, no one's allowed to say it?   People talked about great Mahomes was and half our defense was backups.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:19 PM)McC Wrote: If he plays well, no one's allowed to say it?   People talked about great Mahomes was and half our defense was backups.

I’m sure in Kansas City among Chiefs Forums Mahomes was stock up. Lol
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Up:

Ryan Finley
Auden Tate
Andrew Brown

*honorable mention to Nickerson for the INT. Bright spot of some VERY poor LB play.

Down:
Darrius Phillips
Malik Jefferson
Andrew Billings

I'm not about to gloat about what i think and have said about Tate because he's not made the team yet or done anything in a meaningful game...

But i bet i don't see too many sarcastic, mocking posts about him this week.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a shame about his muffed punts, I was really hoping that he would emerge as an exciting return man.  His highlight reel from college was full of electrifying big plays on INT returns, and as a return man.

He was probably just trying too hard to make an impression.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was probably just trying too hard to make an impression.

Oh, he made an impression alright, a bad one..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But i bet i don't see too many sarcastic, mocking posts about him this week.  Mellow

Never understood that. Someone says "maybe this 7th rounder they took a flyer on can turn into a bit of a weapon with his size" and people are all like "EVERYBODY SAID HE WAS GONNA BE A STAR BUT HE WASN'T WHAT A BUM". Hooray for reading comprehension!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Stock up
Hopkins
Tate
Finely

stock down
Driskel
Jerry
Phillips.

Love threads like this one, and your choices are dead on.  I will try to do someone different:

Stock up:

Hubbard- Didn't get home on any but looked like a beast.  Was straight up bull-rushing and was closing that edge very well.  I think he is going to have a huge season and end up being the steal in last year's draft.  

Billings-  Thought there was nothing in the middle, and he didn't have Geno next to him.  Actually flushed Mahommes out of the pocket a couple times.  This, as NT.  This, also, without Geno or Dunlap to help finish.

Tony McRae- Quality CB that held his own all game.  That position needs depth and the Bengals have it.  

Honorable Mention:  Drew Sample.  This guy is going to be our Swiss Army Knife.

Stock down (hard to drill down to just three):

John Jerry- Hope he is just an incentive to get more out of Westerman and he got the nod game 1 out of veteran status.

Malik Jefferson-  You aren't supposed to sell when a stock is low, but he looks lost and tentative.  At least he wasn't alone.

Mason Shreck-  Probably behind Jordan Franks and Cethan Carter.  Doesn't look like he worked out at all in the offseason.  Pudgy and slow.  Nice job pissing away an opportunity.  Buh-bye.  

Honorable Mention:  Lou Anarumo.  I am not buying the crap "we didn't want to show anything".  Your scheme looked beyond vanilla and your defense played with the aggression of a snail.  It was like Mediocre Marv and his inspirational addresses never left (on defense anyways)
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Stock Up:  Billy Price, Auden Tate, Stanley Morgan

Stock Down:  Darius Phillips (only as a PR; his stock is neutral as a DB), Drew Sample (only as a receiver; his blocking and route running were stock neutral), John Jerry

Stock Crashed: Jeff Driskel

Stanley Morgan is a good call.  He looks very natural catching the ball and has excellent route-running.  It is going to be very tough between him and Tate, Core, and Malone...and maybe even Willis.  I know special teams will have something to say about it, but from a contract and veteran status standpoint, Tate and Morgan are better values than Core and Malone, who will be up for new contracts next year.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a shame about his muffed punts, I was really hoping that he would emerge as an exciting return man.  His highlight reel from college was full of electrifying big plays on INT returns, and as a return man.

True, but one game does not a season make.  At least that is what I am telling myself about Anarumo. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 05:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love threads like this one, and your choices are dead on.  I will try to do someone different:

Stock up:

Hubbard- Didn't get home on any but looked like a beast.  Was straight up bull-rushing and was closing that edge very well.  I think he is going to have a huge season and end up being the steal in last year's draft.  

Billings-  Thought there was nothing in the middle, and he didn't have Geno next to him.  Actually flushed Mahommes out of the pocket a couple times.  This, as NT.  This, also, without Geno or Dunlap to help finish.

Tony McRae- Quality CB that held his own all game.  That position needs depth and the Bengals have it.  

Honorable Mention:  Drew Sample.  This guy is going to be our Swiss Army Knife.

Stock down (hard to drill down to just three):

John Jerry- Hope he is just an incentive to get more out of Westerman and he got the nod game 1 out of veteran status.

Malik Jefferson-  You aren't supposed to sell when a stock is low, but he looks lost and tentative.  At least he wasn't alone.

Mason Shreck-  Probably behind Jordan Franks and Cethan Carter.  Doesn't look like he worked out at all in the offseason.  Pudgy and slow.  Nice job pissing away an opportunity.  Buh-bye.  

Honorable Mention:  Lou Anarumo.  I am not buying the crap "we didn't want to show anything".  Your scheme looked beyond vanilla and your defense played with the aggression of a snail.  It was like Mediocre Marv and his inspirational addresses never left (on defense anyways)

I thought Billings looked out of shape and slow. Even for a big man. They gave Tupou a ton of snaps, so I wonder the starting job is still up for grabs.

Also, Dunlap played. He actually took a costly penalty.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not about to gloat about what i think and have said about Tate because he's not made the team yet or done anything in a meaningful game...

But i bet i don't see too many sarcastic, mocking posts about him this week.  Mellow

No....the two in this thread just zeroed in on the positive comment about Dalton. Mellow 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote