Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3 players stock up and stock down from KC game
(08-12-2019, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Billings looked out of shape and slow. Even for a big man. They gave Tupou a ton of snaps, so I wonder the starting job is still up for grabs.

Also, Dunlap played. He actually took a costly penalty.

If you are getting a ton of snaps in preseason 1 and you aren't a rookie, or there aren't a bunch of injuries, it probably means the opposite.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you are getting a ton of snaps in preseason 1 and you aren't a rookie, or there aren't a bunch of injuries, it probably means the opposite.

That could be true too. He’s only played in 7 NFL games though, so it’s not like there’s a lot of tape on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Stock up:
Quinton Flowers---One thing that coaches harp on is being a "complete" back. None of the backup RB's distinguished themselves running, but Flowers had 2 absolutely beautiful blitz pickup blocks on one series. One was an outside blitz that he stoned....the other was an inside blitzer....that he PANCAKED. Unless one of the backups looks lights out on ST or with the ball in their hands, I think Flowers might block his was onto this team's 53.

Michael Jordan---he's quick off the ball and was 100% effective in neutralizing defenders on the second level and doesn't get pushed back in his lateral movement. Had a little trouble with his anchor and balance in pass pro but was effective more than not in that. I could see him stealing a OG starting position.

Auden Tate-- looks more confident in his routes and solidified his reputation in pulling down high throws and contested catches. Was also the best blocking wideout.

Stock Down

Jefferson--doesn't belong in the NFL....Makes Hardy Nickerson look good.

Lippett--playing his way off this team as well.

Jordan Evans--His speed and stature and fluid movement look so good, like a Mike Shazier.....but just doesn't translate that to production. Maddening.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 10:20 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Stock up:
Quinton Flowers---One thing that coaches harp on is being a "complete" back.  None of the backup RB's distinguished themselves running, but Flowers had 2 absolutely beautiful  blitz pickup blocks on one series.  One was an outside blitz that he stoned....the other was an inside blitzer....that he PANCAKED.   Unless one of the backups looks lights out on ST or with the ball in their hands, I think Flowers might block his was onto this team's 53.

Michael Jordan---he's quick off the ball and was 100% effective in neutralizing defenders on the second level and doesn't get pushed back in his lateral movement.  Had a little trouble with his anchor and balance in pass pro but was effective more than not in that.  I could see him stealing a OG starting position.

Auden Tate--  looks more confident in his routes and solidified his reputation in pulling down high throws and contested catches.  Was also the best blocking wideout.

Stock Down

Jordan Evans--His speed and stature and fluid movement look so good, like a Mike Shazier.....but just doesn't translate that to production.  Maddening.

Flowers has no shot at the 53 outside of an injury unfortunately. Mixon/Gio/Williams/Anderson will be your 4 backs.

Who is Mike Shazier?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Billings looked out of shape and slow. Even for a big man. They gave Tupou a ton of snaps, so I wonder the starting job is still up for grabs.

Also, Dunlap played. He actually took a costly penalty.

Billings looked just fine and broke through the STARTING oline twice, to disrupt and flush Mahomes; as I mentioned the other day (yesterday?), that if it was any pocket guy like a Brady or a Manning, etc., that would've been a sack or, barring a fluke play, OB throw.

Think Billings will have another good year (if healthy) and hopefully we can lock him up long-term, as it appears the light has gone on.

Too bad about Dunlap; he played what, 6 snaps? One of the was the penalty (though Glasgow/Billings/whomever it was, jumped at the same time as well).

Not worried about that jump though; our guys have been quite disciplined for hard counts, since the gaffe in 2010 by Sims (MJ in 2017 against the Packers was NOT offside, but they called it anyways).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Never understood that. Someone says "maybe this 7th rounder they took a flyer on can turn into a bit of a weapon with his size" and people are all like "EVERYBODY SAID HE WAS GONNA BE A STAR BUT HE WASN'T WHAT A BUM". Hooray for reading comprehension!

Maybe you are the one who needs to work on reading comprehension.

(07-31-2018, 08:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Michael Thomas is a good comparison to what Auden Tate reminds me of.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 02:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Stock up:
Drew Sample - He blocked well and was getting open in the passing game.

O'Shea Dugas - He gave up a couple pressures but was the best of the backup linemen I wonder if he will get a shot at LG.

Andrew Brown - The Chiefs couldnt keep him out of the backfield.

Stock Down:

John Jerry - In one word...Slow
Malik Jefferson - He looked lost.
Christian Ringo - Lots of snaps with zero penetration.

But, but, but PFF has Jerry as the one of the best grades for the Bengals in this game
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Billings looked just fine and broke through the STARTING oline twice, to disrupt and flush Mahomes; as I mentioned the other day (yesterday?), that if it was any pocket guy like a Brady or a Manning, etc., that would've been a sack or, barring a fluke play, OB throw.

Think Billings will have another good year (if healthy) and hopefully we can lock him up long-term, as it appears the light has gone on.

Too bad about Dunlap; he played what, 6 snaps? One of the was the penalty (though Glasgow/Billings/whomever it was, jumped at the same time as well).

Not worried about that jump though; our guys have been quite disciplined for hard counts, since the gaffe in 2010 by Sims (MJ in 2017 against the Packers was NOT offside, but they called it anyways).

Dunlap also got a QB hit on the first play of the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:58 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dunlap also got a QB hit on the first play of the game.

Yeah, love the hard push he did; a trademark of him and Geno (more of Geno).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 10:20 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: Stock up:
Quinton Flowers---One thing that coaches harp on is being a "complete" back.  None of the backup RB's distinguished themselves running, but Flowers had 2 absolutely beautiful  blitz pickup blocks on one series.  One was an outside blitz that he stoned....the other was an inside blitzer....that he PANCAKED.   Unless one of the backups looks lights out on ST or with the ball in their hands, I think Flowers might block his was onto this team's 53.

Michael Jordan---he's quick off the ball and was 100% effective in neutralizing defenders on the second level and doesn't get pushed back in his lateral movement.  Had a little trouble with his anchor and balance in pass pro but was effective more than not in that.  I could see him stealing a OG starting position.

Auden Tate--  looks more confident in his routes and solidified his reputation in pulling down high throws and contested catches.  Was also the best blocking wideout.

Stock Down

Jordan Evans--His speed and stature and fluid movement look so good, like a Mike Shazier.....but just doesn't translate that to production.  Maddening.

With Jerry looking bad and Westerman looking meh...I'd be giving Jordan a strong look as the starter.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: But, but, but PFF has Jerry as the one of the best grades for the Bengals in this game

Wow. I didn't look at the PFF grades yet. That's questionable.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: But, but, but PFF has Jerry as the one of the best grades for the Bengals in this game

He made the PFF team of the week with a 77 grade.  Phillips also made it with an 86.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: He made the PFF team of the week with a 77 grade.  Phillips also made it with an 86.

Maybe we can trade him while he stock is so high for a good Guard?
Reply/Quote
Mack Wilson ranked 97.7. 2 int's on 3 targets.
Reply/Quote
RT Orlando Brown Jr., Baltimore Ravens
78.6 Overall Grade, 38 Offensive Snaps
A third-round draft pick out of Oklahoma a year ago, Brown looks likely to man the right tackle spot for the Ravens once again in 2019. He was impressive in their win against the Jacksonville Jaguars, allowing zero sacks, hits or hurries from 22 snaps in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe we can trade him while he stock is so high for a good Guard?

I didn't get to watch the game, but it's funny to see PFF grade him so high after virtually every Bengals outlet trashed him.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mack Wilson ranked 97.7. 2 int's on 3 targets.

I thought Wilson was a pretty good prospect, but a bunch of stuff came out about him having conflicts with coaches before the draft.
Reply/Quote
Stock up:
1) Browns
2) Ravens
3) Steelers

Sorry, had to troll. At least I made the Steelers 3rd.
Reply/Quote

pff Wrote:LG JOHN JERRYCINCINNATI BENGALS

77.4 Overall Grade, 32 Offensive Snaps
Jerry didn’t allow a sack, hit or hurry from 21 pass-blocking snaps on Saturday night in the Bengals preseason opener. One of the highlights for the team on offense, Jerry joins the Bengals coming off of five straight seasons of PFF offensive grades of 66.0 or higher between 2013 and 2017.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I did hear Jerry didn't look great. But if he didn't allow a sack, hit, or hurry as indicated by PFF, their grading has some logic behind it.

I also know Phillips got a very favorable grade even though he had some bad gaffes at PR. One has to assume ST wasn't factored into Phillips' grade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought penalties impacted pff grades
Reply/Quote