Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3 players stock up and stock down from KC game
(08-12-2019, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mack Wilson ranked 97.7. 2 int's on 3 targets.

Holy smoke. He’s been amazing in practice too. The pass coverage linebacker we’ve been looking for.

I did want to draft this guy in the first two rounds due to his subpar year n attitude. Good thing I’m not a scout.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you are the one who needs to work on reading comprehension.

Your whole schtick on here is mis-reading what people write so a big lol at you calling anyone out.

...but sure, sorry I didn't remember (or read) a single post someone else made 2 weeks ago. One guy evidently thinks the world of him and I'm sure he's flattered you had nothing better to do with your time than to dig that post up. Now I guess we can go back to pretending that nobody ever over exaggerates anything on here. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mack Wilson ranked 97.7. 2 int's on 3 targets.

(08-12-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: RT Orlando Brown Jr., Baltimore Ravens
78.6 Overall Grade, 38 Offensive Snaps
A third-round draft pick out of Oklahoma a year ago, Brown looks likely to man the right tackle spot for the Ravens once again in 2019. He was impressive in their win against the Jacksonville Jaguars, allowing zero sacks, hits or hurries from 22 snaps in pass protection.

This makes me sick...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI, I didn't follow the team closely last season due to being too busy and partly due to the team/organization as a whole. Going into the preseason, I did not have a good pulse on the team but after catching up I'm slightly optimistic that the team will outperform expectations. On one hand, I still don't know what the offense will be like - looking at the Rams it will be similar to that of a Urban Meyer offense pre-Haskins with RPO and some other pro concepts. On the other, the offensive line is still a question mark even with one game done (which they did not look too bad). As others have said, the new offense should mask some of the o-line issues in the pass game. I don't know how to describe the defensive formations from last night other than there seemed to be a lot of nickle/4-3 with a safety lined up in the box or near the los. The biggest thing that popped out to me was the free safety playing almost angel safety - I don't know if this is the norm or if it works (it didn't in Cleveland, but Bates is different than Peppers).

Stock Up:
Andrew Billings - got more pass rush than expected. Was not 100% baller, but if he can play up he will fill a much needed role on the DL. Weight is still an issue, but it is for all bigger DT.
Germaine Pratt - a little fidgety, but his pass coverage is superior already to any linebacker on the team. I expect his run game will mature as he gets more experience. All in all a quiet game, but I still have very high expectations and think he will have a better career than Mack Wilson (even though it would be nice to have both) and what he showed probably fits what the defense will be playing better than other lb on the team.
Bobby Hart - expectations were so low already that I think his stock could only go up (and it did seem like he was doing well).

Stock Down:
Trayveon Williams - only putting him here because I wanted to see him have a bigger game but more than excited to see what he can do with more touches/experience.
Nick Vigil/Other LB - I don't know whats going on. From the film I saw from last year, my takeaway was that the LB were constantly misaligned which I chalked up to the DC. But that seems like a continuation to this year. Difference between Pratt and others was that Pratt made a decision and went whereas other LB seemed lost in zone/allowed plays on the outside. A total mess/need more communication.
Shawn Williams - A lot of issues. Didn't seem prepared for the multiple looks in the flats.

The problem with preseason is that there isn't enough snaps/lack of true tests to figure what is going on (also, starters not playing). The Chiefs played with their true first team offense for a quarter while the Bengals were sitting starters. It's also entirely possible certain players were playing out of position or the coaches were experimenting with playcalls (same for other team). I personally think this team is better than advertised and will surprise on offense. The big question is whether the defense will improve from their issues from last year which I am a little hesitant to say they will considering the alignment issues to unconventional formations that a lot of the top offenses are running. Is this an IQ thing, organization thing, etc. I don't know.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Driskel is a dumpster fire.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:35 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Just an FYI, I didn't follow the team closely last season due to being too busy and partly due to the team/organization as a whole. Going into the preseason, I did not have a good pulse on the team but after catching up I'm slightly optimistic that the team will outperform expectations. On one hand, I still don't know what the offense will be like - looking at the Rams it will be similar to that of a Urban Meyer offense pre-Haskins with RPO and some other pro concepts. On the other, the offensive line is still a question mark even with one game done (which they did not look too bad). As others have said, the new offense should mask some of the o-line issues in the pass game. I don't know how to describe the defensive formations from last night other than there seemed to be a lot of nickle/4-3 with a safety lined up in the box or near the los. The biggest thing that popped out to me was the free safety playing almost angel safety - I don't know if this is the norm or if it works (it didn't in Cleveland, but Bates is different than Peppers).

Stock Up:
Andrew Billings - got more pass rush than expected. Was not 100% baller, but if he can play up he will fill a much needed role on the DL. Weight is still an issue, but it is for all bigger DT.
Germaine Pratt - a little fidgety, but his pass coverage is superior already to any linebacker on the team. I expect his run game will mature as he gets more experience. All in all a quiet game, but I still have very high expectations and think he will have a better career than Mack Wilson (even though it would be nice to have both) and what he showed probably fits what the defense will be playing better than other lb on the team.
Bobby Hart - expectations were so low already that I think his stock could only go up (and it did seem like he was doing well).

Stock Down:
Trayveon Williams - only putting him here because I wanted to see him have a bigger game but more than excited to see what he can do with more touches/experience.
Nick Vigil/Other LB - I don't know whats going on. From the film I saw from last year, my takeaway was that the LB were constantly misaligned which I chalked up to the DC. But that seems like a continuation to this year. Difference between Pratt and others was that Pratt made a decision and went whereas other LB seemed lost in zone/allowed plays on the outside. A total mess/need more communication.
Shawn Williams - A lot of issues. Didn't seem prepared for the multiple looks in the flats.

The problem with preseason is that there isn't enough snaps/lack of true tests to figure what is going on (also, starters not playing). The Chiefs played with their true first team offense for a quarter while the Bengals were sitting starters. It's also entirely possible certain players were playing out of position or the coaches were experimenting with playcalls (same for other team). I personally think this team is better than advertised and will surprise on offense. The big question is whether the defense will improve from their issues from last year which I am a little hesitant to say they will considering the alignment issues to unconventional formations that a lot of the top offenses are running. Is this an IQ thing, organization thing, etc. I don't know.

First, welcome to the best NFL Forum in the league.  Second, I think if you take away the drop punts that led to 14 points by the Chiefs, the game, at least by the score, would have given a different impression regarding the overall performance.  Third, I am worried regarding the backer and safety positions.  Williams is more of in-the-box safety and I am not certain the "new" defensive schemes fit the personnel.  Finally, although Pratt may show promise, not many fans are comfortable regarding the Bengals linebacker position talent as a group.  The fact that the coaching staff is still experimenting with O-Line configurations and personnel has me worried.  Dalton has to make that throw to Malone and similar throws during the regular season in the future for this team to have a chance.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This makes me sick...

Lol. Yeah. I guess fans are as good as some GMs. Especially The Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: No....the two in this thread just zeroed in on the positive comment about Dalton. Mellow 

My question is: Why have only 2 zeroed in on those positive comments?

A QB entering his 9th year plays one series in a PS game where he completes 7 passes and misses a wide open TD pass and his stock goes up.

A 4th round pick comes in for his first ever NFL action, one who many have been saying an UDFA looks better than, looks much better than our current backup, and completes the only TD pass of the game . But that does earn "stock up" in that thread. 

Could it be maybe, just maybe the problem lies with the bias of the poster rather than those that replied? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No.

It just means that some of us don't feel the need to discuss every single thought that enters our heads. It's called a filter.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Malik Jefferson down too. He was terrible.

Yea none of the linebackers stood out to me. Same situation as last year. If Preston, Pratt or Vigil go down we're in deep doo doo.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Billings looked out of shape and slow. Even for a big man. They gave Tupou a ton of snaps, so I wonder the starting job is still up for grabs.

Also, Dunlap played. He actually took a costly penalty.

Did you really expect him to catch Mahommes?  He flushed him out of the pocket and did a damn good job in pursuit.  I don't think there are any DTs, let alone defensive linemen, that can catch that guy.  He was moving forward all night.  Good sign.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: In a game full of backups you picked Dalton.  Amazing.
That under throw was just too glaring to ignore. This team can't afford that. Seen it before. Many images of AJ Green wide open and having to slow down and almost backpedaling waiting for Daltons under throws.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:17 AM)John Shaft Wrote: That under throw was just too glaring to ignore. This team can't afford that. Seen it before. Many images of AJ Green wide open and having to slow down and almost backpedaling waiting for Daltons under throws.

I have 0 issue with the under throw; as it was the first preseason game and Andy was throwing to someone other than his "regulars". I'm just not willing to assert that it caused his stock to rise.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:17 AM)John Shaft Wrote: That under throw was just too glaring to ignore. This team can't afford that. Seen it before. Many images of AJ Green wide open and having to slow down and almost backpedaling waiting for Daltons under throws.

No QB in the league has great accuracy on deep passes.  Look up the numbers and you will see that Dalton is as good as most on deep throws.

I think the problem is that fans just see the highlights of other games when QBs hit on long td passes, but the highlights never show all the ones they miss.
Reply/Quote

The harping on the throw is what I'm getting lost on. Unless you guys don't watch a lot of other games, because it happens quite often in the NFL. Fact of the matter is, Dalton's deep throw stats are as good if not better than some of the best. 

It was underthrown. Could've been better. It was also a great play by a defender (seriously, he barely tipped it). 

What I liked was Dalton not being shaken, coming back out and throwing down the field to Tate. We need a confident Dalton and I think we are seeing it with this new offense. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 12:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: The harping on the throw is what I'm getting lost on. Unless you guys don't watch a lot of other games, because it happens quite often in the NFL. Fact of the matter is, Dalton's deep throw stats are as good if not better than some of the best. 

It was underthrown. Could've been better. It was also a great play by a defender (seriously, he barely tipped it). 

What I liked was Dalton not being shaken, coming back out and throwing down the field to Tate. We need a confident Dalton and I think we are seeing it with this new offense. 

This.  It was an unfortunate throw.  Bad throws happen to every quarterback in the league - including the best.   It was a bad throw, it was bad he got caught flat footed and didn't adjust.  No way around the fact that it was a bad through to a wide open receiver.

I agree with Crusader.  One of the things that defines a good QB is that they are mentally tough enough to come back after a mistake and make a play.

Do we really think that great QBs don't make bad throws?   Especially in the first live action of the pre-season?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 01:27 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  It was an unfortunate throw.  Bad throws happen to every quarterback in the league - including the best.   It was a bad throw, it was bad he got caught flat footed and didn't adjust.  No way around the fact that it was a bad through to a wide open receiver.

I agree with Crusader.  One of the things that defines a good QB is that they are mentally tough enough to come back after a mistake and make a play.

Do we really think that great QBs don't make bad throws?   Especially in the first live action of the pre-season?

People overlook bad throws of elite QB's because of their track record.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? One series in a preseason game and Andy's stock is up. You must not have thought much of his play before that game. 

Well he did it without his 5 top playmakers.... AJ/Eifert/Mixon/Gio/Ross....

So I guess his stock is up as hes not surrounded by great talent right?  and considering everyone here says our OL is still trash...

lol...
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People overlook bad throws of elite QB's because of their track record.

Would certainly excuse Roethlisberger's play sometimes. Glad he's got a ring, because the man makes some of the worst throws I've ever seen (That Jags game from a year or two ago is chief example). 

You're right. That finish outshines the bad. 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 01:27 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  It was an unfortunate throw.  Bad throws happen to every quarterback in the league - including the best.   It was a bad throw, it was bad he got caught flat footed and didn't adjust.  No way around the fact that it was a bad through to a wide open receiver.

I'll never forget a line, maybe it was Rich Gannon (this man has made some horrendous throws) but he said, "The hardest throw to make is often the open one."

I never played a down at QB, so I can't really say for certain. It could be something, which I think Dalton kinda alluded to, that you see it and you overthink it.

I just want Dalton confident. From what I've seen in camp and from the first game, he does look confident. I'm hoping that continues. It really depends on that line though.

Reply/Quote