Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 take aways from today's game..
(11-12-2023, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a bad drop by him in this game and what Casaer said was also inexcusable.

Boyd is just falling off, he was a top Slot WR there for a while but clutch is what I used to think of him until the SB and last night.

That was an easy catch todayt for the win, Boyd should of made it and he knows it.

My 1 take away from this game is we lost and are 5-4 and need to concentrate on beating the Ravens on Thursday night.

That is all.

Well, and that's the good news: only four days until they get a chance to right the ship instead of having to wait until next Sunday or Monday.  The Baltimore game, no matter how daunting, will at least come quickly.  We win that and we're 6-4 and just a half-game back from Baltimore.  Pitt plays at Cleveland, too, so one of them walks out of that game 7-3 while the other will be 6-4 and potentially tied with us.  

There's a lot of football left to be played.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True. Need to finish though damn it.

I know it. When things go bad, people will forget the good and when things go good, people forget the bad. 

I love me some Joe Burrow, but he has infuriated me at times this year, too. Not saying Boyd is on his level, but this may have been a real dead game without his contributions. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, and that's the good news: only four days until they get a chance to right the ship instead of having to wait until next Sunday or Monday.  The Baltimore game, no matter how daunting, will at least come quickly.  We win that and we're 6-4 and just a half-game back from Baltimore.  Pitt plays at Cleveland, too, so one of them walks out of that game 7-3 while the other will be 6-4 and potentially tied with us.  

There's a lot of football left to be played.  

Yeah, I mean we have been 5-4 the last couple of years too. Just sucks to lose to the Texans like that, we will see how we respond
against the Ravens who are damn good and had a tough loss today as well against our other rivals. We have 8 games left, as you say,
a lot of football to be played. I could see how Burrow was after that terrible interception, I expect him to respond in a great way.

The Defense played terrible against the run and let Stroud tear them up. This hasn't happened often lately and I expect the Defense 
under Lou to respond in the same way against the Ravens. Big damn game though, that is for sure. 

Losing this one hurt like a sumbitch. Have to beat the Ravens now. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sometimes the offense needs to step up and win the games.. considering how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ we've invested in it, there should be no excuses.....

They are held back by terrible playcalling, bad clock management and average o-line. This loss was not on the O, it is on the sorry ass D and Boyd choking the game away.
Reply/Quote
Imma focus on the positive, so my 3 takeaways:

CTB is our best DB and is playing at a Pro Bowl level

Chase is good to go

Robbins has turned into a very good punter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:45 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: They are held back by terrible playcalling, bad clock management and average o-line. This loss was not on the O, it is on the sorry ass D and Boyd choking the game away.

Boyd dropped that pass and it was brutal for sure. But he was the reason we were down there to begin with after that huge catch and run. The drop sucked but he got us there which is what kills me looking back at it.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
The take always for me are the same as always. Our lines just aren’t good enough. Give Burrow the same pocket Stroud had and we score 40 points. Get more pressure on Stroud and guys aren’t roaming free in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
1. Offense line is Swiss cheese
2. We love wide receiver screens and -2 yard swing passes.
3. Defense is not what it was last year.

The score was way closer than the game.
Reply/Quote
1. Irwin > Yoshi
2. Tanner > Irv
3. CTB is a beast
Bonus points …
4. Awuzie lost a step this year
5. Nick Scott is even worse than I thought
6. That Stroud kid is the real deal
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:28 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: 1 - Taylor still doesn’t understand the importance of play action and running plays with the QB under center

2 - caching staff is far from elite

3 - the free agent signings this year were garbage. The team is worse this year and the playoffs window is slowly closing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you’re talking about the entire season and not just today then OBJ has been far from garbage.

Reply/Quote
Their lines dominated both of ours plus the playing calling in first half was atrocious.

We really shouldn’t have been that close. Texans were heads and tails better today
Reply/Quote
No run, no pass protection, no defense = no win
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:36 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: The take always for me are the same as always. Our lines just aren’t good enough. Give Burrow the same pocket Stroud had and we score 40 points. Get more pressure on Stroud and guys aren’t roaming free in the secondary.

That protection is a product of a balanced attack. That’s why he had all day on play actions. ZT doesn’t believe in establishing the run do the d lines ears are always pinned back.

1. The offense simply cannot go into a shell for 4 or 5 drives in the middle of the game. They’ve done it all year and it’s unacceptable and partially due to the fact we can’t consistently run the ball. During these cold stretches Burrow shows ZERO urgency and is just going through the motions. He’s got to play with intensity from kickoff to final whistle.
2. Boyd, it’s simple, he catches that ball we win the game. Just awful.
3. This d line needs more twitch. More speed rushers. Not even more, at least 1. We have all these thick, strong bull rushers who do have high motors but they aren’t winning early and getting home. Today was bad, guys stoned every play. Need a long, bendy, fast twitch edge guy closer to 240 than 270.
4. CTB is a monster and pro bowler bug even he missed some tackles today. Tackling was bad.
5. Where the heck is Charlie Jones? Need him back in the return game.

I am very impressed with Demeco Ryans. He has got all his bases covered and is going to do big things. As an Alabama alum and fan, I’d love for him to be Sabans successor
Reply/Quote
1. The offense cannot keep fire up and score in the first drive and then dip, finally comeback with a few minutes left. It's not just this game but a whole season already. Is it play calling or Zac Taylor conservative approach? It's unacceptable. We got away with it for a few games, but not this game.
2. Our defense cannot tackle, cannot stop the run, and that leaves Stroud all day to throw. No pressure from Dline, safety is bad, even CTB who is better missed tackles.
3. Our O-line is not good. At this point oline coaching is the problem for years already. Part of it is because we abandon the run game, even in that last offensive drive, the play calling is bad. Why don't we run?
4. Burrow bad INTs. I know he throws many good passes, but that one int is Andy Dalton throwback, I hope this is just a fluke and I won't ever see this again.
5. Boyd drops, esp that last drop. For all the talk about our WRs core, how many drops do they have this season already? What happened with the increase compared to last year.
6. Our no at least average TE approach is a problem.
All of our losses are at the same time slot. Last year we were afraid of night time games after the Browns clowned us and we won many games in the afternoon. Now the team seems to do well later in the day while looking half hearted early in the day.
Reply/Quote
Pathetic effort on defense and the offense sucked. Do not deserve to be in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
If this thread were the Bengals offense it would have ended after three posts.

Reply/Quote
They should have overpaid for Bell. Scott has been pathetic. Also, Boyd has been anti clutch since his drop in the SB. He's not the reason we lost, (The defense probably would have let Houston score a TD anyway with how bad they were) but there's no excuse to drop that TD, it hit him right in the hands.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Backup interior Defensive Linemen ugh. You could tell which 30ish reps DJ Reader and BJ Hill weren't in the game. I wish they had called up an IDL just for another big body with Josh Tupou injured.

Side Note: How sad is it thr Bengals haven't replaced Josh Tupou yet? He's still their best backup IDL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 2- We are NOT in danger of losing Lou to a HC job.

This was going through my mind yesterday while watching the game and seeing them struggle. I don't want to lose Lou, but then again if our troubles on D aren't corrected, then, well, it wouldn't suck as bad to lose him. But like others have stated, that game was not typical play. We had a rough time all the way around. Congrats to CTB for another pick.

Reply/Quote