Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
3 things are certain, death, taxes, and Joe Burrow being clutch
I mentioned it all week and in the game thread.

Burrow has only failed once to generate would be game winning points when it’s his last touch of the game. (Dallas game i think)

This man even when off is still clutch
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, like Mahomes, he’s figured out the cover 2, and they will be dangerous once again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know he's seemingly not been at it for most of this season, but there's very little doubt in my mind that Burrow is the man to build this Franchise around.
Reply/Quote
Yes. JB and Chase remembered who they are in the second half.
Reply/Quote
Actually it's the oline and Mixon that have figure out how to run and are shutting down the cover 2. They can't just sit the safetirs back when the run game is working
Reply/Quote
I mean, he hasn’t been very clutch this year overall
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:25 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I know he's seemingly not been at it for most of this season, but there's very little doubt in my mind that Burrow is the man to build this Franchise around.

Can’t figure out why they never look like they are ready to play at the start of the game. Burrows inaccurate, Chase disappears and the defense lets teams drive on them at will.

Gotta figure out how to play up to their potential at the start of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Can’t figure out why they never look like they are ready to play at the start of the game. Burrows inaccurate, Chase disappears and the defense lets teams drive on them at will.

Gotta figure out how to play up to their potential at the start of the game.

Burrow is like a cat, he likes to play with his food before he kills it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I mean, he hasn’t been very clutch this year overall

I think you are suffering from memory loss. 2 of our losses he lead us the the lead and then the defense gave up last second field goals. How is that clutch, he gives us the lead and offense never gets the ball back????????????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you are suffering from memory loss. 2 of our losses he lead us the the lead and then the defense gave up last second field goals. How is that clutch, he gives us the lead and offense never gets the ball back????????????

Getting a lead of more than 2 points would be a good start, in all fairness.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:23 PM)Housh Wrote: I mentioned it all week and in the game thread.

Burrow has only failed once to generate would be game winning points when it’s his last touch of the game. (Dallas game i think)

Are you talking about just this year? Because I remember a Rams game that still leaves a burning hole in my heart. 
Reply/Quote
When we lose, the threads are generally how we suck and will never win again.

When we win, the pendulum shifts way the other way...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:23 PM)Housh Wrote: I mentioned it all week and in the game thread.

You didn't learn from the I've never seen Burrow fail thread?
Reply/Quote

Zac is like 2-26 when trailing going into the 4th. Burrow was the qb a lot of that time...
Reply/Quote
This week was a whew" win, and for those of us with short memories, last year was like that too.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you are suffering from memory loss. 2 of our losses he lead us the the lead and then the defense gave up last second field goals. How is that clutch, he gives us the lead and offense never gets the ball back????????????

You do know that Burrow doesn’t play defense, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:44 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: This week was a whew" win, and for those of us with short memories, last year was like that too.

Not as much, though...
There were a few games where the Bengal victory was in hand (blowout) by the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
This was a massive game for Burrow and the offense. They were in a rut where teams had found a way to stop their bread and butter downfield passing game. He took his lumps (understatement in his case), and adapted.

High expectations from his early success may have caused some to sour on him, but it's too early in his career for that. This win and the way the offense secured it is a big deal for this team. The roster was built to score points. They are back on track to live up to their immense potential.
Reply/Quote

Well I was a bit worried today, when we had a chance to take the lead with a TD and kicked a FG.. Defense got the 3 and out though and set us up to go ahead and they ended up being clutch in finally stopping a late drive... I rather us start be a bit more consistent on offense instead of coming from behind... The beginning of games are important, still an area of weakness with Joe and the team. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been very ineffective most of the season. Im tired of watching this team try and play catch up all game
Reply/Quote