Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 years of #1 Draft Picks Traded By The Clowns
I know they have had the revolving door of quarterbacks, changing QB's just about every season since The Originals Browns moved to Baltimore. A lot of weird and whacky stuff has gone on in Cleveland since they got an NFL team back from Tim Couch up to now. Even the Johnny Manziel aka Johnny Football doesn't seem as big a mistake as trading 3 years of #1 Draft Picks for a QB that is now suspended 11 games. I'm going to give THE WIN to Houston on this and not even close. Houston made out like bandits.

Plus Mayfield is now with Carolina, so they don't have him either. I think they watched Kevin Costner in Draft Day Movie where he trades the Browns 1st round picks for the next 3 years. I thought, what a crazy movie, not even the Browns would be that stupid. OH WAIT, They are.

So The Browns don't have a #1 Pick until 2025. On the other hand Houston is loaded on #1 Picks and should be a tough team as this decade rolls along.

So since this is Smack Talk, I'll add

Clev Sux
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 03:56 PM)kevin Wrote: I know they have had the revolving door of quarterbacks, changing QB's just about every season since The Originals Browns moved to Baltimore.  A lot of weird and whacky stuff has gone on in Cleveland since they got an NFL team back from Tim Couch up to now.  Even the Johnny Manziel aka Johnny Football doesn't seem as big a mistake as trading 3 years of #1 Draft Picks for a QB that is now suspended 11 games.  I'm going to give THE WIN to Houston on this and not even close.  Houston made out like bandits.  

Plus Mayfield is now with Carolina, so they don't have him either.  I think they watched Kevin Costner in Draft Day Movie where he trades the Browns 1st round picks for the next 3 years.  I thought, what a crazy movie, not even the Browns would be that stupid. OH WAIT, They are.

So The Browns don't have a #1 Pick until 2025.  On the other hand Houston is loaded on #1 Picks and should be a tough team as this decade rolls along.

So since this is Smack Talk, I'll add

Clev Sux

That made me lol for some reason!

Hilarious

Somehow, in years past, they always seemed to be able to attract a few big names. Granted, the rest of their team was usually dog shit, but I always wondered how they'd come up with enough money to attract players to a city like Cleveland and a team like the Browns.

I don't know how they'll sign anyone worthwhile in the coming years with Watson's cap hit being 54.933 million per year for the next for the next four years (after 10 million this year). Maybe they'll get a few bigger names and just hope they can fill in their depth with guys that will play for pennies and hope they never have to see the field, but even that seems impossible with Watson's cap hit.

It's a typical Browns move to offer a guy a record contract when they likely could have had him for a below average contract since not many other teams would go near him with all of these lawsuits and suspension, and that's not even considering public perception.
Reply/Quote
Someone must have left a copy of the “Draft Day” script lying around — and the Browns’ Front Office mistook it for their strategic plan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this is smack talk, and we're supposed to pile on but the defending champion Rams don't have first round picks for a bit either. Just having those picks doesn't mean much if you don't draft well either... Ogbuehi, William Jackson, and John Ross were like not having first round picks for 3 years too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 05:58 PM)jason Wrote: I know this is smack talk, and we're supposed to pile on but the defending champion Rams don't have first round picks for a bit either. Just having those picks doesn't mean much if you don't draft well either... Ogbuehi, William Jackson, and John Ross were like not having first round picks for 3 years too.

You mention picks under Marvin Lewis and all are gone under Zac Taylor with a trip to the Super Bowl as the result.  Bengals first play-off wins in 30 years.  Look how well drafting Jonah Williams, Burrow, Higgins, Chase under Taylor has worked out. ....Oh yes, add Price to the list of Duds under Marvin at the end. 

You mention The Rams.  They won the Super Bowl.  Do you really think The Browns are going to win the Super Bowl from these 1st Round Picks they traded for 3 years ?  Don't bet on it.  More like last place than first place. 

The Browns could not afford to trade their future because  Clev Sux  

As a Bengal Fan, I'm glad Browns traded 3 years of #1 Picks for a criminal now suspended 11 games.  The Browns are going to need draft help, and they won't get it.  This is not a Super Bowl move as Rams, this is a Last Place Toilet Bowl move, and if it's Brown, flush it down.  The one Fan on here said it right that The Browns must have came across The Draft Day Movie script and thought it was their own strategy list. 

For the Browns Fans on here, and I don't know why they would be on Bengals Boards, as for Browns it is like old Talking Heads song.   Same As It Ever Was.  Sane As It Ever Was.   

Because ;  Clev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev Sux

GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS..... Tiger  Who Dey Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:01 AM)kevin Wrote: You mention picks under Marvin Lewis and all are gone under Zac Taylor with a trip to the Super Bowl as the result.  Bengals first play-off wins in 30 years.  Look how well drafting Jonah Williams, Burrow, Higgins, Chase under Taylor has worked out. ....Oh yes, add Price to the list of Duds under Marvin at the end. 

You mention The Rams.  They won the Super Bowl.  Do you really think The Browns are going to win the Super Bowl from these 1st Round Picks they traded for 3 years ?  Don't bet on it.  More like last place than first place. 

The Browns could not afford to trade their future because  Clev Sux  

As a Bengal Fan, I'm glad Browns traded 3 years of #1 Picks for a criminal now suspended 11 games.  The Browns are going to need draft help, and they won't get it.  This is not a Super Bowl move as Rams, this is a Last Place Toilet Bowl move, and if it's Brown, flush it down.  The one Fan on here said it right that The Browns must have came across The Draft Day Movie script and thought it was their own strategy list. 

For the Browns Fans on here, and I don't know why they would be on Bengals Boards, as for Browns it is like old Talking Heads song.   Same As It Ever Was.  Sane As It Ever Was.   

Because ;  Clev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev SuxClev Sux

GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS..... Tiger  Who Dey Tiger 

Aside from WR, where exactly do the Browns need a ton of help from the first round in the next 3 years? Also... Really good WRs can be had outside the first round (Higgins and Boyd for instance) every year. Watson's suspension will hurt this year for sure, but they have a really good defense, run game, O line, and QB moving forward. It's foolish to shovel dirt on their grave right now. I get it; everybody hates Watson. Dude can play, he's young, and it's the most important position... Not to mention Joe Burrow is gonna want at least that sorta contract. I feel like the Browns are gonna contend moving forward. A stupid ass Kevin Costner movie aside.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote