Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 days!
(06-23-2018, 11:40 AM)pally Wrote: Rookies report to camp in 30 days. What is the 1 piece of Bengals news you are hoping for between now and then. For me, its a Geno Atkins extension

Honestly probably no news, for the next 30 days no news is good news
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 07:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is in fact ruled a free agent and signs with us.

Agreed. Barkley is not the answer as Andy's backup. AR would be an upgrade #youknowwhoyouare

As to the OP: We sign Dez to a 1 year deal and let LaFell walk,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed. Barkley is not the answer as Andy's backup. AR would be an upgrade #youknowwhoyouare

Not likely, from March:

LaFell will collect a $1 million roster bonus, Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.
The Bengals surely would like to see some combination of John Ross (shoulder), Tyler Boyd and Josh Malone step up and push LaFell back to fourth or fifth on the depth chart, but it nonetheless makes sense to keep the 31-year-old around as insurance, given that he carries a modest 2018 base salary of $2.55 million, per OverTheCap. The team likely would've released LaFell before Sunday if it planned to do so at all, as his $1 million roster bonus now is guaranteed. He caught 64 of 106 targets for 862 yards and six scores in his first season with the Bengals, but then dropped off to a 52-548-3 receiving line on 88 targets last year. LaFell has only missed nine games in eight NFL seasons, and he's played all 16 games four of the past five seasons.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:55 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Definitely would be my first choice. We need both, not just the best of the two. Let's keep this off-season momentum rolling, and field the best possible defense with whom we have. And keep it that way for the next few years. 

I'm hoping we get both, but we definitely NEED Atkins more because he's arguably the best DT in the league and calls for double teams, which leaves the end on an island with only one man to beat.

I realize that they don't need all the practice to get better necessarily, but I'm surprised they start so late just because it doesn't give them much time to gel as a team.  I really think our offensive line could use the extra work.

I don't know what other news is possible besides the extensions, but maybe that they bring back Adam Jones only as a returner and give him a bonus for touchdowns but loses money if he catches it inside the 5 or fumbles so he doesn't make stupid choices trying to earn his touchdown bonus.
Reply/Quote
I posted a question under than fan connection forum regarding attending training camp. Has any one ever been to training camp? I would like some information on it.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:45 AM)jorev5 Wrote: I posted a question under than fan connection forum regarding attending training camp.  Has any one ever been to training camp?  I would like some information on it.

I've been a bunch of times, starting back when it was down at Georgetown College.

It's a fun time because you get to see guys trying to make the roster and other guys just trying to make impressions to get on the field.

If it's down on the field outside the stadium, the players will walk down the line of the crowd at the end of the practice and sign autographs, which is always pretty cool.

If it's in the stadium and you're lucky enough to be crippled (like I am) then you get to go down in the hall right before they go into the locker room and you're pretty much guaranteed to get to talk to all the players on a more personal level.

I like it just because you get to see raw football and dudes battling for spots or just looking to improve.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:46 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap extension sure would be great.

Absolutely! Those have to be the org's priorities between now and the start of camp. It's unrealistic, but I'd also like to hear that Burfict's suspension has been rescinded.  The NFL holds a long and nasty grudge on some guys. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
No doubt about it for me, sign Geno !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not likely, from March:

LaFell will collect a $1 million roster bonus, Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.
The Bengals surely would like to see some combination of John Ross (shoulder), Tyler Boyd and Josh Malone step up and push LaFell back to fourth or fifth on the depth chart, but it nonetheless makes sense to keep the 31-year-old around as insurance, given that he carries a modest 2018 base salary of $2.55 million, per OverTheCap. The team likely would've released LaFell before Sunday if it planned to do so at all, as his $1 million roster bonus now is guaranteed. He caught 64 of 106 targets for 862 yards and six scores in his first season with the Bengals, but then dropped off to a 52-548-3 receiving line on 88 targets last year. LaFell has only missed nine games in eight NFL seasons, and he's played all 16 games four of the past five seasons.

LaFell is an experienced vet who has started for three different teams, and $2.6 million is pretty cheap.

I'd love to see enough of the young guys blow up to push him off the roster, but it won't happen until we get deep into training camp to make sure the young guys are really ready.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: LaFell is an experienced vet who has started for three different teams, and $2.6 million is pretty cheap.

I'd love to see enough of the young guys blow up to push him off the roster, but it won't happen until we get deep into training camp to make sure the young guys are really ready.

Have to agree with this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 03:37 AM)Shady Wrote: Absolutely! Those have to be the org's priorities between now and the start of camp. It's unrealistic, but I'd also like to hear that Burfict's suspension has been rescinded.  The NFL holds a long and nasty grudge on some guys. 

Yeah that ain't gonna happen Shady on Burfict cause you are correct, they hold a grudge against him, unfair, but they do.

Bastids. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Yes, in 30 days they start to try to improve the blocking. That's it right there. If they can't block, they can't win. Fans who complained that Dalton threw the ball out of bounds against Steelers on 4th down with nobody open and no blocking do not understand the game. Dalton did throw game winning bomb to Boyd against Ravens, but fans need to know the blocking was worst in NFL. I'm surprised they won 7 games with such awful blocking. If they still have awful blocking, look for 4 win season. I'm very excited and I think we will have good blocking and THAT makes this a Super Bowl type team. All the other pieces are there if this team comes up with blocking in July and August. For now I'm enjoying 4th of July and baseball, not Reds last place baseball, but other teams such as Indians. In 30 days, we get to see the new O Line start coming together. Everything hinges on new O Line coming together. I think we will have blocking to win in play-offs. With blocking, this is a very good team. Heck, they somehow won 7 games with worst blocking in NFL, and I look for the blocking to be much better than 2017. GO BENGALS. I still think Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap are going to make a Super Bowl run in play-offs. Some may even make Hall Of Fame. With blocking the window of opportunity is still open for team that went play-offs 5 straight years and started 8-0 in 2015 before Dalton injury. The Bengals with blocking will be a Play-Off Force so GO BENGALS. GO HOGS. GO OFFENSIVE LINE. BLOCK US TO VICTORY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 03:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, in 30 days they start to try to improve the blocking.  That's it right there. If they can't block, they can't win. Fans who complained that Dalton threw the ball out of bounds against Steelers on 4th down with nobody open and no blocking do not understand the game. Dalton did throw game winning bomb to Boyd against Ravens, but fans need to know the blocking was worst in NFL. I'm surprised they won 7 games with such awful blocking.  If they still have awful blocking, look for 4 win season. I'm very excited and I think we will have good blocking and THAT makes this a Super Bowl type team. All the other pieces are there if this team comes up with blocking in July and August.  For now I'm enjoying 4th of July and baseball, not Reds last place baseball, but other teams such as Indians. In 30 days, we get to see the new O Line start coming together.  Everything hinges on new O Line coming together. I think we will have blocking to win in play-offs. With blocking, this is a very good team. Heck, they somehow won 7 games with worst blocking in NFL, and I look for the blocking to be much better than 2017. GO BENGALS. I still think Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap are going to make a Super Bowl run in play-offs. Some may even make Hall Of Fame.  With blocking the window of opportunity is still open for team that went play-offs 5 straight years and started 8-0 in 2015 before Dalton injury.  The Bengals with blocking will be a Play-Off Force so GO BENGALS.  GO HOGS. GO OFFENSIVE LINE. BLOCK US TO VICTORY.

Let me get this straight Kev, these guys have to block good?

What a premise.

BTW, they will be better at blocking this year i guarantee it.
Reply/Quote
Injuries, they never fail to show up, I hope they just don't take out anyone for the entire season. That's my only wish.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let me get this straight Kev, these guys have to block good?

What a premise.

BTW, they will be better at blocking this year i guarantee it.

Don’t forget tackling. They’ll work on that in September and October to really solidify that run.

I could write the same thing for the next 22 sentences with no paragraphs but where’s the fun in that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed. Barkley is not the answer as Andy's backup. AR would be an upgrade #youknowwhoyouare

Are you suggesting Aaron Rogers become Andy Dalton's backup? Well, there goes the idea of no news is good news.  Holy woody woodpecker farts.. That would be the lead story on every network for a year.. CNN BREAKING NEWS. . Almost as crazy as the airliner lost in the ocean..Hell, people would forget trump is screwing up everything he touches! 
Reply/Quote