Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 for 30 Series
What are your favorite 30 for 30 episodes by ESPN?

I'm watching the Magic Moment one right now, about Shaq and his time in Orlando. Very interesting, anyways what are your favorite episodes/movies (i think they do a few movies if im not mistaken)

ThumbsUp
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
My favorites are Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks, You Don't Know Bo and Roll Tide/War Eagle.

Winning Time
because I've lived in Indianapolis for a decade and have been a Pacers fan the same amount of time (growing up in Cincy I didn't really care about the NBA. Once I moved to a city with a team i caught the bug). Reggie VS New York (Spike Lee in particular) is basically a folk tale around here.  So it was cool to see it on screen.

Bo because I'm in my mid-30's and Bo Jackson is almost a mythical creature from my youth. The doc really explores the 'Legend of Bo Jackson' and how it is in direct opposition to the humble, quite guy he is.

Roll Tide/War Eagle because the interaction between those fan bases are insane.  Literally.  I think some of these people need serious help.

Also, Grantland (RIP) did a bunch of 30 for 30 Shorts. They're all under 20 minutes (I believe) and cover more quirky, smaller stories.  May favorite of those is Holy Grail: The T206 Honus Wagner about the famous baseball card. Check it out if you've got 14 minutes to kill.
Reply/Quote
Fantastic Lies about the Duke lacrosse team was really good. Once Brothers about Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, and Vlade Divac is good. I've only seen a couple that I didn't like. I think they are doing a 7-10 hour episode on OJ.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Johnny Manziel's is going to be effing amazing.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I Hate Christian Laettner, The U, and the one about Henry Hill and fixing college basketball games were all good.

By the way, does anybody know why it's called "30 for 30"?

Forgot one. I forget what it's called but there's one about the founders of fantasy sports that's pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 01:23 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I Hate Christian Laettner, The U, and the one about Henry Hill and fixing college basketball games were all good.

By the way, does anybody know why it's called "30 for 30"?

Forgot one. I forget what it's called but there's one about the founders of fantasy sports that's pretty good.

It's called 30 for 30 because originally they made 30 of them for ESPN's 30th birthday. The one about fantasy sports is called Silly Little Game.

Unguarded about Chris Heron is great too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 11:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Johnny Manziel's is going to be effing amazing.

I can already tell you the ending will be a fatal accident he caused himself that the toxicology report will show occurred about two hours before he would have died from an overdose anyway.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Christian Laetner one, Da U, The 4 Falls of Buffalo is really good, and the 85 Bears have been my favorites.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jordan Rides the Bus, The Real Rocky, Pony Express were all good
Reply/Quote
Both films about The U and Pony Excess (The Death of SMU Football) have been some of my favorites.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
In my opinion the entire 30 for 30 series is the best sports related entertainment on TV. Almost every one i have seen has been top quality. It is hard to pick a favorite.
Reply/Quote