Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#31 The Realistic Prospects
1. The Mocks: Bucky Brooks•Pro Football Network•Todd McShay•Draftwire•Daniel Jeremiah•Mike Tannenbaum
2. The Players and their average:
I assigned a #33 number if the player wasn’t in their first round
Andrew Booth CB Clemson #23
Kenyon Green G TAMU #24
Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa #25
Zion Johnson G Boston #25
Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia #27
Kaiir Elam CB Florida #32
Dax Hill S Michigan #32

Personally I think one of Booth,Green,Linderbaum, Johnson, or Wyatt are there at 31. One has to drop. If not Hill or Elam will probably be there. However trading with Arizona or Dallas would guarantee us a great pick. Just don’t know if it’s worth it.
Reply/Quote
There will always be a player who isn’t typically mocked in the first get picked in the first too. It basically always happens.

Someone will be there and it could be a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 01:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: There will always be a player who isn’t typically mocked in the first get picked in the first too. It basically always happens.

I’m relatively confident Elam,Hill, Wyatt, Johnson, Linderbaum, or Green is there at #31.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 11:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 1. The Mocks: Bucky Brooks•Pro Football Network•Todd McShay•Draftwire•Daniel Jeremiah•Mike Tannenbaum
2. The Players and their average:
I assigned a #33 number if the player wasn’t in their first round
Andrew Booth CB Clemson #23
Kenyon Green G TAMU #24
Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa #25
Zion Johnson G Boston #25
Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia #27
Kaiir Elam CB Florida #32
Dax Hill S Michigan #32

Personally I think one of Booth,Green,Linderbaum, Johnson, or Wyatt are there at 31. One has to drop. If not Hill or Elam will probably be there. However trading with Arizona or Dallas would guarantee us a great pick. Just don’t know if it’s worth it.

Out of this group, I think Elam's the most likely to be available.
You'd be talking like the 5th CB in the group compared the 2nd or 3rd at another position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Out of this group, I think Elam's the most likely to be available.
You'd be talking like the 5th CB in the group compared the 2nd or 3rd at another position.

Anybody else to add to that group? Needs to be someone that’s mocked before #32 by average. I agree Elam is most likely. I’m still thinking Hill. But still think Linderbaum and Green are at least a 50/50 chance for 1 of them. Elam probably 90% chance he’ll be there and 80% Hill
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Anybody else to add to that group? Needs to be someone that’s mocked before #32 by average. I agree Elam is most likely. I’m still thinking Hill. But still think Linderbaum and Green are at least a 50/50 chance for 1 of them. Elam probably 90% chance he’ll be there and 80% Hill

Hill is going to go much sooner than some might think. Top 20.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:11 AM)pulses Wrote: Hill is going to go much sooner than some might think. Top 20.

I’m going to disagree. I think he’s a late first rounder
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:09 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m going to disagree. I think he’s a late first rounder

Depends how much a team wants a FS.
Hill is arguably the best FS (at least after Hamilton) at playing that true center-field safety role that requires elite ability to cover.
Guys like Brisker and Cine don't quite look to be at that caliber if looking for a FS in that role.

I've been seeing him in the Top 25 prospect rankings frequently ever since the Combine.
Then again, I haven't exactly been scouring the internet for a bunch of mocks. Just sticking to a handful.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 01:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends how much a team wants a FS.
Hill is arguably the best FS (at least after Hamilton) at playing that true center-field safety role that requires elite ability to cover.
Guys like Brisker and Cine don't quite look to be at that caliber if looking for a FS in that role.

I've been seeing him in the Top 25 prospect rankings frequently ever since the Combine.
Then again, I haven't exactly been scouring the internet for a bunch of mocks. Just sticking to a handful.

Kinda similar to your great thread. Here’s my top 30.
Top 10
Hutchison
Ekwonu
Neal
Hamilton
Gardner
Thibodeaux
Walker
Wilson
London
Stingley
Other consensus from mocks
QB
Willis
Pickett
WR
Olave
Williams
Burks
OT
Cross
Penning
C/G
Johnson
Linderbaum
Green
DE
Johnson
Karlaftis
DT
Wyatt
Davis
OLB
Ojabo
Mafe
ILB
Dean
Lloyd
CB
McDuffie
Booth

Bubble
Raimman, Tyler Smith,Dax Hill,Desmond Ritter, Matt Corral,Jahan Dotson,Breece Hall, Ebikete,Gordon

Raimann Smith Hill and now Ridder gaining traction. Hall is a possible first rounder. Cine and Elam I barely left off bubble guys. They make few first round lists.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 01:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: There will always be a player who isn’t typically mocked in the first get picked in the first too. It basically always happens.

Yep

There's always a team or two that don't have much of a choice but to draft leaning a little harder towards need than they should. Somebody that's RB needy reaching a little, so on, so on.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 04:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

There's always a team or two that don't have much of a choice but to draft leaning a little harder towards need than they should. Somebody that's RB needy reaching a little, so on, so on.

The Bengals aren’t a cinch to go after Zion Johnson, Linderbaum, or Green. I would. They may feel good about Carman. JMHO the player who would help the most is Zion Johnson. He won’t make it past Tampa, NE, and Dallas. I’d then draft Dax Hill as I’ve said this several times. He provides versatility to sub at corner or safety and be great on special teams. Now a Wyatt at DT would be great.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 05:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals aren’t a cinch to go after Zion Johnson, Linderbaum, or Green. I would. They may feel good about Carman. JMHO the player who would help the most is Zion Johnson. He won’t make it past Tampa, NE, and Dallas. I’d then draft Dax Hill as I’ve said this several times. He provides versatility to sub at corner or safety and be great on special teams. Now a Wyatt at DT would be great.

I'll be mildly surprised if they go Oline in the 1st. But, there's always a butt. You just never know who's gonna fall ? Like whoever said in the post I was quoting there's nearly always a 1st round surprise or two, sometimes more.

My guess would be they'll go DT, DE, or CB just depending.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 06:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be mildly surprised if they go Oline in the 1st. But, there's always a butt. You just never know who's gonna fall ? Like whoever said in the post I was quoting there's nearly always a 1st round surprise or two, sometimes more.

My guess would be they'll go DT, DE, or CB just depending.

It feels like they will (or should) go with a DB given all the 1-year contracts they have with their current starters.
Flowers, Apple, Bates, and Bell are set to hit FA after this season.
Hilton and Awuzie the year after.

Bengals have spent a ton of $$ on their DL and have their WRs and most of the OL solidified now.

So I too think it will be defense in Rd 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Dax Hill can really help the Bengals; he can play nickel but the Bengals likely will go CB. It will be a dilemma if TL and ZJ and Booth or Elam there at #31.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 05:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Dax Hill can really help the Bengals; he can play nickel but the Bengals likely will go CB. It will be a dilemma if TL and ZJ and Booth or Elam there at #31.

Likely only Elam is there
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It feels like they will (or should) go with a DB given all the 1-year contracts they have with their current starters.
Flowers, Apple, Bates, and Bell are set to hit FA after this season.
Hilton and Awuzie the year after.

Bengals have spent a ton of $$ on their DL and have their WRs and most of the OL solidified now.

So I too think it will be defense in Rd 1.

I also don't see the Bengals taking OL in the 1st round this year, leaving the draft more open to who is there when they pick. Which is why I went with Davonte Wyatt in my mock.  Taking the big fella allows the Bengals to trim some budget on interior DL next offseason, while upgrading the room at the same time.  

At the same time, I see your point about the DBs all being free agents next year, as well.  I could just as easily see them go after a Safety or CB at 31.  Either way, I see the Bengals going defense in the 1st round.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 05:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals aren’t a cinch to go after Zion Johnson, Linderbaum, or Green. I would. They may feel good about Carman. JMHO the player who would help the most is Zion Johnson. He won’t make it past Tampa, NE, and Dallas. I’d then draft Dax Hill as I’ve said this several times. He provides versatility to sub at corner or safety and be great on special teams. Now a Wyatt at DT would be great.

I gotta admit, Wyatt has really grown on me! I think if he's there at 31, it's a sprint to the podium...
Reply/Quote
Hill is the one I think we should draft. We need a safety and a guy that can slot cover too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Think it will be a DT or a CB taken with Bengals first pick

Safety if Bates is traded.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think Kaiir Elam is the most realistic prospect for us. I like Andrew Booth better as a player but he has had lots of injuries in
his career. Devonte Wyatt has off field problems with domestic violence and also as Ocho says we have a lot of money on the
DL and most of our Corners are on 1 year deals.
Reply/Quote