Rank 27---Tee Higgins WR
Rank 35---Jonathan Taylor RB
Rank 36---Laviska Shenault WR/RB
Rank 37---J.K. Dobbins RB
Rank 39---Josh Jones OT
Rank 41---Cole Kmet TE
Rank 46---Denzel Mims WR
Rank 48---Michael Pittman Jr. WR

I bolded all of the WR's because I think that's what the pick should be. As soon as KC took Hellaire, I was out on RBs.

I think I'm actually leaning towards Laviska Shenault. There's a reason why I put /RB. Because, he's the most like a Bolden or a Deebo Samuel from last year. He can be used in several different positions, and he runs like a RB after he catches it. Yes, he needs polishing in his route running, but just get him the ball anyway you can and he'll make the plays. He's a Beast with the ball in his hands. Colorado direct snapped to him on Goal line situations a lot as well.

But honestly, I'll take whatever WR the Bengals feel best about to team up with Burrow for the future.

And for all the fans on here saying they don't need to take a WR, I guess they haven't been seeing what has been happening with AJ Green and John Ross the last 2 years???!!! Also, there's a strong chance that neither WR will be with the Bengals in 2021.

THE BENGALS NEED TO DRAFT WRs FOR BURROW!!!

DEFENSIVE EDIT: If the Bengals do decide to go Defense instead at #33, I hope it's either Davidson, Matos, or Epenesa. Depth along the DL for pressure would be tremendous; and, the player who plays with the DAWG in him is Davidson.
Reply/Quote
If they take Tee Higgins, I will be SO stoked.
Reply/Quote
Josh Jones please. One of those WR will fall
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon is going to hold out. Give me JK Dobbins.
Reply/Quote
We keep trying to build our team from the outside in--and we keep failing. Good wide receivers don't do anything for you if you can't block the defensive line in front of you.

How do you help Burrow? Protect him. Open up holes in the run game. I say offensive line is a much bigger need than wide-out. We've got two 1000 yard receivers. We've got John Ross. We've got depth behind them. Another wide-out would be a luxury. It wouldn't make our team better right now.

We could use depth at OT, and another solid guard. We could also use help at middle and outside linebacker. There are plenty of good wide-outs in the draft. We could wait until the 5th and still get a promising player to develop behind what we have now. If we pick a WR at 33, he likely doesn't play much this year, so what's the point?

If the question is how do you help Burrow, the answer is beef up the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Mixon is going to hold out. Give me JK Dobbins.

I am not opposed to this.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Gross- matos would be an awful pick
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Mixon is going to hold out.  Give me JK Dobbins.

So that he can hold out before the 2023 season?
Nah.
2nd round RBs are a bad idea. Draft a guy you're willing to pay 4 years later. Same goes for OGs.

OT, DE or WR should be the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:57 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: We keep trying to build our team from the outside in--and we keep failing. Good wide receivers don't do anything for you if you can't block the defensive line in front of you.

How do you help Burrow? Protect him. Open up holes in the run game. I say offensive line is a much bigger need than wide-out. We've got two 1000 yard receivers. We've got John Ross. We've got depth behind them. Another wide-out would be a luxury. It wouldn't make our team better right now.

We could use depth at OT, and another solid guard. We could also use help at middle and outside linebacker. There are plenty of good wide-outs in the draft. We could wait until the 5th and still get a promising player to develop behind what we have now. If we pick a WR at 33, he likely doesn't play much this year, so what's the point?

If the question is how do you help Burrow, the answer is beef up the offensive line.

While I agree with this statement, Joe even admitted he would enjoy another WR (though he did follow that up with stating he didn't know what other holes we had). Higgins or Pittman Jr would follow with that wish and I could easily see MB giving Joe what he wants
Reply/Quote
I'm all for trading down. Gain a 4th where you can afford to take a luxury pick like WR. I'm not going to complain if we go WR at #33, there's an argument going that route and going elsewhere. Almost any pick except QB and ST would make sense here.

D: Epenesa, Delpit (McKinney is the sexier pick to MOST, but I have a bad feeling about him), Diggs, or Baun.
O: Higgins, or Mims (kinda meh on Mims, but I wouldn't be upset).

If they trade down (and I think they should), grab Dugger, Akeem, or Will Gay Jr. And before anyone asks, yes, I think OL is a priority over anything right now. Just not in the second round. I feel like the 3rd round is where want to be looking for OL for best value.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Id rather make the safe pick and get the Jones or E Cleveland kid to play RT and get rid of False Start Bobby Hart and his terrible contract

But I think we swap picks with New England they take 33 and get the Espensa kid (edge rusher)

We move back to 37 and pick up one their (13 picks left) and take the OT
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Jonathan Taylor
Reply/Quote
Protect the franchise. Josh Jones.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:13 AM)corpjet Wrote: Id rather make the safe pick and get the Jones or E Cleveland kid to play RT and get rid of False Start Bobby Hart and his terrible contract

But I think we swap picks with New England they take 33 and get the Espensa kid (edge rusher)

We move back to 37 and pick up one their (13 picks left) and take the OT

I would try and move back to 37, get a 3rd and 5th from them... they probably wouldn’t do a 3rd and 4th...
Reply/Quote
If you want to help Burrow, you have to have a functional offensive line. We've already seen this before when the Bengals drafted Ross and added all these weapons to help Dalton, but yet let Zeitelr and Whitworth leave. How did that work out?

WR can easily be addressed in 3-4. If you really want to help Burrow, you draft guys that can give him time to throw.
Reply/Quote
For the Fans on here saying to get an OL and build from inside out, I'd agree with you most of the time.

But, I am totally against reaching for a Need. If you have several players ranked ahead of the next OL at that time in the draft, reaching for that need just kills football teams.

In this instance, the remaining top ranked OL players are:

Rank 39---Joshua Jones OT
Rank 52---Lloyd Cushenberry Center
Rank 53---Ezra Cleveland OT
Rank 60---Robert Hunt OT/G
Rank 63---Saahdiq Charles OT

So, Josh is a Left Tackle, that's what he played at Houston and that's what he played at the Senior Bowl. I'm not high on position changes for OT's if you're going to be picking them as basically a 1st Rounder.
We don't need another Center on our team in Cushenberry unless we decide he'd be better than Hopkins and then we have to move Hopkins over to LG?
Ezra Cleveland isn't big enough for what I think the Bengals OL coach likes.

So, that's why I don't have any OL being taken at pick #33.

I'd rather pray that Robert Hunt is available at our pick #65 at this stage.

Maybe the Bengals have some of these OL ranked higher as well? And, one will be their pick. But, according to Daniel Jeremiah, the talent is at the WR and RB positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:05 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: For the Fans on here saying to get an OL and build from inside out, I'd agree with you most of the time.

But, I am totally against reaching for a Need. If you have several players ranked ahead of the next OL at that time in the draft, reaching for that need just kills football teams.

Rank 39---Joshua Jones   OT
Rank 53---Ezra Cleveland  OT
Rank 60---Robert Hunt  OT/G
Rank 63---Saahdiq Charles  OT

So, Josh is a Left Tackle, that's what he played at Houston and that's what he played at the Senior Bowl. I'm not high on position changes for OT's if you're going to be picking them as basically a 1st Rounder.
We don't need another Center on our team in Cushenberry unless we decide he'd be better than Hopkins and then we have to move Hopkins over to LG?

Maybe the Bengals have some of these OL ranked higher as well? And, one will be their pick. But, according to Daniel Jeremiah, the talent is at the WR and RB positions.

Cleveland sucks. (Double entendre intended) He only rose up the boards because of the underwear olympics. We will NOT be taking him. I work at Boise State, but I still think he's a 5th rounder at best.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:05 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: For the Fans on here saying to get an OL and build from inside out, I'd agree with you most of the time.

Rank 39---Joshua Jones   OT
Rank 53---Ezra Cleveland  OT
Rank 60---Robert Hunt  OT/G
Rank 63---Saahdiq Charles  OT

This is a part of my argument.  The best possible spot for Jones would be at RG, and consider learning a new position when we don't know what OTAs or preseason would look like.  Get a big, mauling guard like Lewis in Rd 4 and stockpile some weapons for Burrow with Mims, Claypool, Pittman, or Higgins with the 2nd pick.  If they can slide a little and gain an additional 3rd rounder, all the better.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a part of my argument.  The best possible spot for Jones would be at RG, and consider learning a new position when we don't know what OTAs or preseason would look like.  Get a big, mauling guard like Lewis in Rd 4 and stockpile some weapons for Burrow with Mims, Claypool, Pittman, or Higgins with the 2nd pick.  If they can slide a little and gain an additional 3rd rounder, all the better.  

That's good logic, but the WR is one of the toughest transitions to the NFL.  With limited OTAs, its going to be tough to get those guys up to speed this year.

Ideally we would draft the best RT in the draft at some point (to me that's Niang) and a stud OG (Hunt) and a coverage LB (Gay, Wilson, )
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's good logic, but the WR is one of the toughest transitions to the NFL.  With limited OTAs, its going to be tough to get those guys up to speed this year.

Ideally we would draft the best RT in the draft at some point (to me that's Niang) and a stud OG (Hunt) and a coverage LB (Gay, Wilson, )

That's all the more reason to draft a top WR prospect.  They only have Boyd and Tate under contract next year as of right now.  Green and Ross could both be gone with little experience left behind.  

I try to think like the Bengals here and I think they are happier with the RT spot than we are with Hart and Johnson competing for the spot, essentially.  I mean, it is Hart's to lose, but if he isn't playing very well early he will lose out to Johnson.  I think they see other options at RG to push for starting time with XSF.  
Reply/Quote