Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#33 pick to help Burrow!
(04-24-2020, 12:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you want to help Burrow, you have to have a functional offensive line.  We've already seen this before when the Bengals drafted Ross and added all these weapons to help Dalton, but yet let Zeitelr and Whitworth leave.  How did that work out?

WR can easily be addressed in 3-4.  If you really want to help Burrow, you draft guys that can give him time to throw.

You can't overdraft the need though. That's why I ranked the OL. They are all reaches at this point in the draft.

(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a part of my argument.  The best possible spot for Jones would be at RG, and consider learning a new position when we don't know what OTAs or preseason would look like.  Get a big, mauling guard like Lewis in Rd 4 and stockpile some weapons for Burrow with Mims, Claypool, Pittman, or Higgins with the 2nd pick.  If they can slide a little and gain an additional 3rd rounder, all the better.  

I'm in total agreement with your plan SHRX!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's all the more reason to draft a top WR prospect.  They only have Boyd and Tate under contract next year as of right now.  Green and Ross could both be gone with little experience left behind.  

I try to think like the Bengals here and I think they are happier with the RT spot than we are with Hart and Johnson competing for the spot, essentially.  I mean, it is Hart's to lose, but if he isn't playing very well early he will lose out to Johnson.  I think they see other options at RG to push for starting time with XSF.  

I guess the same could be said about CB as well.

I worry less about having guys under contract in the future as they have shown that they are willing to add a starter in free agency.  2 years ago I would have looked at this completely different.

I still think you go best player on the board - although I wouldn't use it on a RB or QB.  I also don't think you can go wrong adding a guy like Epenesa with the scheme switch,
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If they take Tee Higgins, I will be SO stoked.

Great call on this one CJD!!!

Hey, the guy I suggested, Shenault went a few picks later. So, we were both in the same ball park and correct position. But you nailed it. Congrats!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 08:08 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Great call on this one CJD!!!

Hey, the guy I suggested, Shenault went a few picks later. So, we were both in the same ball park and correct position. But you nailed it. Congrats!!!

Thanks! He was "my guy" and I've been calling for him at 33 for it feels like months now, so it feels good to be vindicated that the Bengals viewed the need, value and talent level similarly to me. 

When I watch Higgins, I just see AJ Green and that's been said about him since he entered college (I found a high school highlight video of his calling him AJ Green 2.0 haha).

He's just the perfect player for our team and one of the very few players in this draft that project as a true #1 receiver, with Lamb, Jeudy, Pittman and Shenault being the other 4, in my opinion. You could go deeper and find players that project to the X role like Bryan Edwards and Isaiah Hodgins, but their talent level is notably lower.
Reply/Quote